Author Topic: Reciting mantras as mind protection  (Read 15727 times)

Dondrup Shugden

Re: Reciting mantras as mind protection
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 06:42:20 PM »
Mantras are powerful and when recited with pure motivation, the energy of mantras can be calming and in many instances healing.

Reciting Mantras is also a form of meditation and a way of gaining merits.  I was told that before reciting mantras it is good to recite the refuge initiative and at end of the recitation to recite completion dedication prayers.

Om Benza Wiki Bitana Soha.   

kelly

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 03:42:55 AM »
Reciting mantras as what we all know the mantras can bless our mind as we blow the mantras on the animals it will also plant seed in the animals mind stream very powerful for them homely they can take a good rebirth and be able to learn the holy Dharma for their next life .

eyesoftara

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 04:34:52 AM »
Mantras are the Buddhas in the form of sound. And it is easier to recite than to visualize the Buddhas Even looking at the Buddha, we may not be able to discern all the qualities of the Buddhas. Hence, mantra in comparison is holistic, easy and hence powerful.
When reciting mantras we can recall the qualities of the Buddhas, in particular the qualities of Buddha that we are reciting the mantra of, generate in our mind these qualities; usually it will involve Boddhicitta/compassion, wisdom, increase etc. If we then abide it these qualities in our mind it will affect our entire day. It is this that will protect our minds.

MoMo

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 12:10:51 PM »
Mantra was a collection of all the teachings pertaining to a particular meditational deity and it was also a very skillful way of condensing all these teachings into syllabus . Takes the six syllabus mantra of Avalokiteshvara as example all his good qualities and deeds could be contained in “Om Mani Padme Hung”, what could be simpler than that! When I recite this mantra, I recall all the teachings that I have read on Avalokiteshvara coming back to me like in a stream of  blessings  and familiarize myself with his good qualities so that eventually I too be able to achieve likewise. Now all I have to do is emulate the deeds of my kind Guru to accumulate enough of positive potential to fuel this goal.