Author Topic: Shugden followers' allegations “baseless”, says Tibetan government  (Read 3125 times)

christine V

• Email
This article published:
At Phayul , Friday, May 09, 2014 20:13

Source: http://www.phayul.com/news/article.aspx?article=Shugden+followers%27+allegation+%E2%80%9Cbaseless%E2%80%9D%2C+says+Tibetan+government&id=34864

DHARAMSHALA, May 9: Tibetan government in exile (officiallly known as the Central Tibetan Administration) condemned the protests against Tibetan spiritual leader His Holiness the Dalai Lama by western followers of Dorje Shugden (dolgyal) terming their allegations “baseless”.

International Shugden Committee has planned a three day protests during the Tibetan leader Dalai Lama’s visit to Norway. Members of the group protested outside the Nobel Institute where the Tibetan leader met with members of the Nobel Committee.

In a statement issued yesterday, the Tibetan Prime Minister Lobsang Sangay said, “The fact that Dolgyal groups welcome the Norwegian government’s decision not to meet with His Holiness the Dalai Lama due to pressure from the Chinese government clearly confirms this group is doing the political bidding at the behest of the Chinese government. His Holiness the Dalai Lama is a beacon of hope for millions of Tibetans and peace-loving individuals across the world.

“As the Shugden-related groups sustain their campaign to mislead the public with false allegations against both His Holiness the Dalai Lama and the Central Tibetan Administration, we trust the public will see through these unfounded allegations.”

During the last parliament session, Tibetan Parliament in exile unanimously passed a five point resolution regarding the worship of Dorje Shugden.

Condemning their allegations, Tibetan government in exile said denied the claims of discrimination against Dolgyal propitiators saying it has never denied religious freedom nor obstructed their rights to live in India or travel abroad.

The Tibetan government has also expressed its willingness to investigate any instances of discrimination if concrete evidence is provided.

The 1989 Nobel laureate is currently in Norway to participate in an event marking 25 years of Nobel Peace Prize.

The Tibetan leader yesterday denied that he has placed any ban of worshipping of Shugden diety. “A spiritual bond is formed between a teacher and disciple and I have asked that if people want to worship this spirit they don’t take teachings from me. This is what they are calling a ban. They chant “Stop lying,’ but I think you should ask who is lying here. I try to be non-sectarian. This practice has long been associated with sectarianism. I feel sorry for these demonstrators because of their ignorance about this issue,” he told reporters yesterday in Norway.

The Tibetan leader says he was himself a follower of Dorje Shugden but that he later quit in 1975 for reasons he describes as "strong sectarian overtones" and "a history of contributing to a climate of sectarian disharmony" among the four traditions of Tibetan Buddhism. The Tibetan leader denounces the worship of Dorje Shugden as "spirit worship" and fears that the propitiation of it might degenerate the "rich tradition of Tibetan Buddhism" into "mere propitiation of spirits."

Again and again, Dalai Lama and CTA said
1) There is no discrimination

2) There is no ban

3) And DS practice is related to China

The CTA dare to initiate the ban and yet denied it. IS there any evidence that Dorje Shugden related to China?
Just because some Chinese practice Dorje Shugden?

DharmaSpace

I have the deepest respect for the Nobel laureates, the respected committee and what they are trying promote in the world. However in the spirit of promoting peace I do hope the committee can open their eyes to what is happening to Dorje Shugden practitioners who have been marginalised by CTA and the Dalai Lama.

In fact I would even go the distance to suggest perhaps the Noble Peace Prize can go towards a Dorje Shugden lama for that matter. Dorje Shugden practitioners have endured oppression, discrimination, conflicts and even reported violence for them wanting to preserve teachings and engaging in practices passed on to them by their holy gurus. all done peacefully too.

I can think of a few names Gangchen Lama who has done work in Latin America, Europe and Asia for giving people methods to heal themselves and others, what about Geshela from NKT > 1000 centers of peace all over the world promoting spirituality and well being to many around the globe et etc. 

lotus1

1.   HH Dalai Lama is contradicting himself again.
The video clearly showed that in 2008, he is starting the ban and urging people to support the ban. He is also expelling the Dorje Shugden practitioners. http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/contradiction-in-the-dalai-lamas-public-statements/
From this article, http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/dorje-shugden-dalai-lama-conflict-part-4-the-conflict-in-1996/ we can see that different organization is denying the Dorje Shugden practitioners, isn’t that discrimination? 
2.   If Dorje Shugden is a spirit, why would the previous incarnation Dalai Lama since the 5th Dalai Lama is practicing and giving praise to Dorje Shugden? How would they wrong. High lamas such as Panchen Lama, Gaden Tripa, HH Trijang Rinpoche are practicing Dorje Shugden, would they wrong too? If they are wrong, then all teaching that HH Dalai Lama received would be wrong too. If HH Dalai Lama do not allow others to practice Dorje Shugden, why would he allow that the current reincarnated HH Trijang Rinpoche to practice? (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/controversy/videos-controversy/a-contradiction-or-a-bigger-picture/)
3.   CTA is just putting the blame to China to justify that they are incompetent and they are right on the ban because one of the reasons that HH Dalai Lama to impose the ban is that it will endanger the Tibetan cause. They are just mixing politics with religion and trying to find excuse of why they are failed to get Tibet back. In fact, if they lift the ban, unite all the Tibetan regardless of whether they are practicing Dorje Shugden or not, really take care of the Tibetan economy, social, I am sure they will be a good government that people will follow.

There are so many facts that showing on the ban and discrimination. Is it still "baseless"?