Author Topic: An attempt  (Read 13752 times)

Dave

An attempt
« on: January 29, 2008, 01:06:05 AM »
Hi all,

I tried bringing awareness of our site to TsemTulku.com forums but met with bad results..one even questioned if Khen Rinpoche really practices DS.
He wrote a letter to Rinpoche himself.

I referred all of them to this forums because they believed we were making up lineages,we will see what happens.
I figured since Tsem Tulku looked Neutral to this situation (Selling Geshe Kelsang's books and all) that it would go well..but alas..it did not.

Blessings,
David

jeff Ryan

• Email
Re: An attempt
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 01:45:09 AM »
Tsem Tuku DOES practice Dharmapala. I saw one of his videos where he said: " you wanna know what I say when I see a fellow student of Zong Dorje Chang that gave up their pledge? Hi traitor" He was at Kyabje Dagom Rinpoche's funeral. My teacher knows him well.

jeff Ryan

• Email
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 02:06:10 AM »
Dave,
When you say Khen Rinpoche are you referring to Khen Rinpoche Geshe Lobsang Tarchin? If you are he never spoke of it publicly. Only a few of his closest students new this.

Dave

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 02:34:39 AM »
Yes,the lama in our gallery...that would make sense.

Thank you.

Also,I removed my link to the Tsem Tulku page,it just seemed to raise the tension and i'm sure Rinpoche would appreciate it to not be so public.
He's very skilled in his methods so far,and look at his success...obviously the signs of Duldzin's power.

beggar

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 06:35:19 AM »
Dear Dave and Jeff,

i mentioned somewhere that in our 'gallery' of great masters/DS practitioners we don't put young ones who are working hard to build up a foundation for their Dharma work, even if they are openly practicing like Zawa Tulku. The senior ones have a strong enough reputation etc to just say we are liars (if needed), and their word of course will have much more power than ours, who are after all just anonymous nobodys posting materials as we like.
As you know, the 'working conditions' for any Lama are very fragile, and any 'suggestion' in the direction of our Dharmapala can endanger their work and affiliated monastery very gravely. Those wishing to harm our lineage are using just this easiest of all tools of denunciation today to excess, having a field day and great success in disrupting Dharma work. All it takes is a little hint, and the whole gang turns on the spotlight and begins to find 'definite proofs' and all the rest. Please let's not help them in this questionable task, but protect our new generation teachers, whether they practice Dorje Shugden or not (this last point should be obvious) as they are our greatest hope and treasure. Each has their role and function in this enlightenment puzzle: those who practice openly - wonderful, those who practice secretly - wonderful, those who don't practice - wonderful! They are Rinpoches, Tulkus, Geshes, pure monks, and they know what they are doing; they know what's best according to the situation and circumstances they find themselves in, let's please consider and respect this.
Tsem Tulku (definitely a 'nuclear age mahasiddha' in my book) for all we know (or need to know) doesn't practice Dharmapala, yet always reaffirms his faith in his Lamas, which as you know nowadays is enough to make one look 'suspicious'. A strong teaching as to what's essential. An exemplary way of remaining within the main frame of official monastery and lineage policy while being faithful to the heart essence of our lineage - it's masters, and refraining from judgment and taking sides.
I've seen the video you refer to Jeff, and probably most of the others available as well (wow!). There are three things i can say for sure after viewing them: 1) What a teacher! 2) his devotion to his Lamas is incredible 3) his devotion to the Dalai Lama as well. I fully agree that we can see the remark you mention, and similar ones, as a teaching to those who blindly fall into 'which side are you on?' and 'enemy' trap. How compassionate when you consider that he could simply refrain from such statements and look 'good'. Yet to conclude that this refers to a specific practice pledge is speculation at this point that i feel really helps no one and only attracts non-constructive attention. Again, it is obvious that Tsem Tulku is a highly attained Lama who knows what he is doing, so let's respect his choice of policy and try our best to protect his work which helps us all regardless of his Protector of preference or affinity.
I pray that there are many more young Lamas out there or on the way and in-the-making, of all lineages - we need them all. As we all know it's very very hard to get any kind of Dharma out there, into this world and into our minds. Let's support them, pray for their long life, protect them, trust their vision and respect their choices all the way.

Thank you for your consideration -

yours, beggar

lin

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 08:19:23 AM »
Dear people of this forum,
I have been a student to H.E. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche for many years, have heard many public and private teachings and can assure you that Rinpoche does not propitiate or propagate the deity in question. The pledge that Jeff Ryan refers to pertains to the heart connection to our Gurus, who also, of course, have given so many teachings and practices, not only one.

"I pray that there are many more young Lamas out there or on the way and in-the-making, of all lineages - we need them all. As we all know it's very very hard to get any kind of Dharma out there, into this world and into our minds. Let's support them, pray for their long life, protect them, trust their vision and respect their choices all the way."

There is not much I can add to these commendable words except to thank you for respect and consideration.

Lin