Author Topic: 108k clickthrough retreat  (Read 9249 times)

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
108k clickthrough retreat
« on: June 27, 2010, 09:54:12 AM »
Hi all, wondering if this is the same as the brochure retreat by TK who is on his way to printing 108k brochures and distributing, or a tsa tsa making retreat.

I have started a campaign to bring 108K clicks to DS.COM through online advertising, i don't have much money but I started last night.

wishing you well

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: 108k clickthrough retreat
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 11:42:58 PM »
Iloveds,

wow - you really do love ds... what a cool idea! well done... (now wonders what she herself can do)

Love
Kate!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 12:53:31 AM »
Can I request all you people who see the advertising when it starts running to help me save some money by not clicking the ads?

Save it for people who don't know about this site, a click can cost money you know, lots of money.

My request from me to you... hehehe:)

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 06:07:24 AM »
Thank you Iloveds!

It's a cool idea we all can use to help promote by clicks as the website needs more promotion and exposure to the people out there~!

Other internet networking systems and applications such as Facebook, Twitter, Friendster are also good to create web presence for Dorje Shugden

Again I thank the web administrator for working so hard to put the forum back up so that we all can benefit.

thank you
H1N1
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

honeydakini

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 07:17:22 AM »
Can I request all you people who see the advertising when it starts running to help me save some money by not clicking the ads?

Save it for people who don't know about this site, a click can cost money you know, lots of money.

My request from me to you... hehehe:)

I don't really understand this - does this mean that every time someone clicks the ad, we get money? Or we have to pay money? (I understand that's how it works with google adsense - that everytime someone clicks our ad, WE get a percentage of money).

Surely, if it's the former, then we would want everyone to click on!

Perhaps you could elaborate more on how this scheme works so we can be an effective part of it?

Thanks!

honeydakini

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 07:19:36 AM »
also, by online advertising do you mean only paid advertising?

It would be good if we could also look at other means of online "promotion" such as via our facebook accounts, twitter, etc...

And how can we track whether the clicks coming in are due to online advertising? What are the technicalities behind it? I'm sorry I am not very technical. Thanks!

cleojean

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 07:22:56 AM »
Yes, I am a little confused as well. Would someone please explain clearly. I would truly appreciate it very much and would do my best to help in any way I can. Thank you so kindly.

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 09:28:06 AM »
Hi all, wondering if this is the same as the brochure retreat by TK who is on his way to printing 108k brochures and distributing, or a tsa tsa making retreat.

I have started a campaign to bring 108K clicks to DS.COM through online advertising, i don't have much money but I started last night.

wishing you well

THE 108 CLICKS CAMPAIGN IS VERY GOOD IDEA. I LIKE THIS GROUP OF PEOPLE COMING INTO THE FORUM. YOU HAVE INNOVATIVE IDEAS, TECH SAVVY, HAVE GREAT PROMOTIONAL METHODS.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO GET DORJE SHUGDEN EVEN MORE WELL KNOWN. WHAT BETTER WAY THAN THROUGH THIS WEBSITE? INTERNET IS THE MOST POWERFUL FREE MEDIUM IN THE WORLD TO DO THIS. LET'S DO IT. POST WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO. AND I'LL DO IT!!

TK

Mana

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 09:55:19 AM »
Hi All,

Allow me to explain. Google adwords is a paid service by google. Iloveds is bidding for keyword search terms so that his/her ad gets shown when people search for keywords or phrases.

Once the bid is won, then your ad appears. Now i'm sure his/her budget is limited so if all our users see the ad and click on it to see where it goes then it costs iloveds money.

Hence iloveds is requesting us all to save the "click" for strangers and also the "cost" to him/her.

thanks
Mana

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 09:56:25 AM »
Dear all,

As IloveDS has not responded re the mechanics of the ad, let me take the liberty of explaining.

The ad is charged to the ad creator, in this case, IloveDs, according to the number of clicks. So IloveDS has to pay per click. That is why he/she has requested that we do NOT click on the ad as we are already the converted (we already know this website).

The ads are for NEW people or people who don't know about this wonderful website to click on it and come HERE.

So if we see the ads online, we don't need to click on it because we already know how to come here already. This is NOT a fundraising campaign but an awareness raising one, which IloveDS has kindly offered to sponsor. Thank you iloveDS!

I hope this clarifies matters.

Love
Kate

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

DSFriend

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 10:04:44 AM »
This is a wonderful way to promote the site directly..the more advertisements we purchase, higher the chances people will see our ads for this site.

For more details on what this is about and how to go about buying the ads. http://adwords.google.com/

Thank you Iloveds for this idea. I will be joining you to purchase ads also!

sincerely
DSFriend

WoselTenzin

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 08:43:59 PM »

wishing you well

Dear iloveds

What an innovative way to promote ds.com.  You must care a lot about bringing DS to others to even think of such an idea.  Thank you to WisdomBeing for explaining the mechanics of how it works.  But where do we find this online ad?  Not that I want to click on it as I already know ds.com.  Just curious as to where I can find this ad. Would appreciate if you can enlightened me for my info.  Thanks.