Author Topic: Who is our hero  (Read 14454 times)

vajralight

Who is our hero
« on: May 11, 2010, 10:55:42 AM »

emptymountains

Re: Who is our hero
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 12:27:55 PM »
 :)

a friend

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 05:06:41 AM »

I don't understand ... Do you approve of this sarcastic video?
Geshe Kelsang Gyatso is not my direct Lama, but he is our Lama through the unbelievably excellent Dharma books that he's given us through the years.
Why disseminate the disrespect? Sorry, I don't understand.

a friend

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 05:31:29 AM »

Really?

Mohani

• duldzin
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 06:53:23 AM »
I found the video a bit strange, my wife loved it!  ;)
It's an interactive video. You can put whoever you like in the picture.
http://en.tackfilm.se/?id=1273647253430RA75
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 07:03:52 AM by Mohani »

vajralight

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 08:07:44 AM »
I read this video in the way Alexis described it, but some people do find the video strange.
Maybe we should delete this topic ?

vajra

a friend

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 03:14:29 PM »

Thank you for saying that Mohani. What a relief. At least it's not something done neither for nor against Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. If you can put anybody in his place then it's just a joke as Alexis put it.
I still find it disrespectful, it goes in the sense of the old accusation of "cult" that NKT had to suffer through the years.
When you see the lady treating like garbage everything that was dear to her --she makes all her family photos crash to the floor to enthrone just this only picture of the Lama-- and treat with adoration only GKG, whether you like it or not you are reinforcing that image of precisely hero worship that cult people are accused of.
Sorry for those who found it nice, but this excellent video looks as if it had been produced by Tenzin Pelnjor.

Vajra: why delete the topic? I find it an excellent lesson in communication.
At the beginning I reacted by saying, why spread the disrespect? But now I can see that this is an excellent tool to make us reflect about the repercussions of our words and deeds in the minds of others. Yes, a lesson in communication. Very useful.

Yeshe

• Email
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 05:44:40 PM »

Thank you for saying that Mohani. What a relief. At least it's not something done neither for nor against Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. If you can put anybody in his place then it's just a joke as Alexis put it.
I still find it disrespectful, it goes in the sense of the old accusation of "cult" that NKT had to suffer through the years.
When you see the lady treating like garbage everything that was dear to her --she makes all her family photos crash to the floor to enthrone just this only picture of the Lama-- and treat with adoration only GKG, whether you like it or not you are reinforcing that image of precisely hero worship that cult people are accused of.
Sorry for those who found it nice, but this excellent video looks as if it had been produced by Tenzin Pelnjor.

Vajra: why delete the topic? I find it an excellent lesson in communication.
At the beginning I reacted by saying, why spread the disrespect? But now I can see that this is an excellent tool to make us reflect about the repercussions of our words and deeds in the minds of others. Yes, a lesson in communication. Very useful.

This is a great lesson.  We attach qualities of 'joke' or 'insult' according to our own minds, as clearly the message was the same for all of us. I've noticed that humour is often the most misinterpreted form of communication, as anyone meeting the heavy irony of a Yorkshireman will know! LOL :)

I don't know Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, but he seems to have equanimity and a sense of humour. Maybe we shouldn't take offence on his behalf? 

I thought it was really funny, and imagined how it would look with Bush, Blair, Osama bin Liner or the Pope in the frame! Any leader is fair game for humour, surely. I've noticed Geshes all seem to laugh a lot.  Maybe a sense of humour is vital to the path! LOL :)
A compassionate mind cannot be penetrated by anger or attachment.

Middleway

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 11:48:11 PM »
Someone forwarded me that link a week ago & I thought it was funny & endearing so forwarded it on to some friends. Reading some of the responses here makes me agree with Trinley Kalsang though. I'm not blaming anyone for any particular response, but given the wide variety of interpretations available, the negative forces at large and the preciousness of my Teacher, I'm thinking I will ignore such things in future.

DSFriend

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 04:44:44 AM »
This video (if i could call it a video) could have been circulated quite a bit as I've gotten it in the past month and a few of my friends received it as well. I do not mean the one customized with GKG's photo...the one I received was customized with other personal photos when I received it. The video is quite dramatized, but I do think it's not that far from truth that people are looking for hope, answers, a new perspective..

There are many heroes in this forum and i do wish to thank TK, A Friend, TrinleyKalsang,Thom,TS (the list goes on) and the many open minded people who frequent this site.

with folded hands
DSFriend
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 04:49:29 AM by DSFriend »

a friend

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 07:57:04 PM »

Any "hero" quality comes from my Lamas.
All the blunders from this old ego.
Funny that a non-existent can be such a pain ...
Thank you nevertheless, Dorje Shugden Friend.

Ratna Shugden

• Email
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 03:17:00 AM »
Relying on one's Spiritual Guide is the source of all attainments. Why do people still label this as a cult activity?

a friend

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 04:35:57 AM »

Welcome and thank you for your first post. Are you going to shower the people of this forum with attainments both temporal and ultimate? Your name is a promise of prosperity on every level. Keep on with it!

Of course your question is rethorical, but still, the answer is: because they do not know that one's Spiritual Guide is the source of all attainments.

Ratna Shugden

• Email
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 02:02:14 PM »
In Scriptures Received from the Mouth of Manjushri, Vajradhara says:

When disciples make offerings to their Spiritual Guides, I myself and all other Buddhas enter into the body of the Spiritual Guide and accept the offerings.

Does this mean that we will receive empowerments and blessings from all Buddhas irregardless of how our Spiritual Guides may appear to be?

crazycloud

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 02:25:26 AM »
Not saying to throw the baby out with bath water though, just a note of caution.

What if there is no baby in the bathwater anymore?

I think Tulku system can be very dangerous, a killer of pure Dharma. Je Tsongkhapa didn't bother with it, I think that is a good indication.