Author Topic: HH Penor Rinpoche Sympathetic to Dorje Shugden Monks  (Read 24194 times)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
HH Penor Rinpoche Sympathetic to Dorje Shugden Monks
« on: March 17, 2010, 02:40:15 PM »
HH Penor Rinpoche Sympathetic to Dorje Shugden Monks

Bylakuppe Tibetan Settlement is around 5 hours drive away from Bangalore in South India. From Bylakuppe to Sera is another 30 minutes through the villages.

Bylakuppe has a large population of Tibetans of which there are many Monasteries such as Sera, Serpom, Penor Rinpoche’s Monastery, Zongkar Choede, and not far is Gyurme Tantric College.

Many shops that sell daily needs in that area are owned by Tibetans laity.

When the ban came down from HH Dalai Lama, even association on a social, business or casual manner NEVERMIND SPIRITUAL with Dorje Shugden practitioners are not allowed. On all the Tibetan store/business fronts, notices were posted that if you practice Dorje Shugden, you may not purchase from here or enter!! Many Tibetan salespeople did not want to post up the sign, but they also had no choice. They themselves said off camera. Why? Because they need business to support their families and this ban just curtails business and Tibetan Govt does not reimburse them in any way.

From Sera Monastery to the town of Byalukuppe is a ride of around 30 minutes. But there are many stores on the way to Bylakuppe that would save time/energy to purchase from without having to go Bylakuppe.

There are many poor, sick, aged, very young and infirmed monks that makes it difficult to get to Bylakuppe to purchase supplies especially during the summer monsoons. Monsoons are relentless rains for 3 months with plenty of very muddy roads.

Penor Rinpoche’s Monastery is halfway from Sera to Bylukuppe and in his monastery there are stores selling supplies. Businesses catering to the needs of locals for a cheap price for convenience sake.

When Penor Rinpoche heard re the ban and the difficulties/inconveniences for many monks to purchase items, PENOR RINPOCHE OPENED UP HIS NAMDROLING NYINGMA MONASTERY (fhttp://www.namdroling.org/) for the Dorje Shugden monks to get supplies. Shocked the local community in both good and bad ways! Shocked the Tibetan Govt. Shocked the others shops!

This was a powerful statement from such a high being. Penor Rinpoche has never commented against Dorje Shugden. Nor do you see him running to Dharamsala to attend teachings, long life pujas to Dalai Lama or get involved with Tibetan Politics. He doesn’t dislike the Dalai lama, but he doesn’t regard Dalai Lama as the spiritual head of all sects, full stop.

Penor Rinpoche doesn’t need the support of the Tibetan Govt and Dalai Lama to make his work as large as it had become. Also Penor Rinpoche really is unbiased, compassionate and a strong lama. He doesn’t care regarding politics or religious bans that are unfair or should not be applied.

Penor Rinpoche allowing monks who refused to give up their centuries old practice of Dorje Shugden to enter his monastery and interact was a huge message to the Dalai Lama and Tibetan Govt. The Dalai Lama and Tibetan Govt DARE NOT SPEAK UP AGAINST THIS ACT. They know that whatever they are doing with bans, can only be done within the Gelug for now, of which the Dalai Lama belongs to, BUT NO OTHER SECT WOULD EVER TOLERATE CRITICISM, BANS, RULES AND REGULATIONS MADE TO THEM BY A DALAI LAMA WEARING A YELLOW HAT.

In fact, because the Dalai Lama is so famous, to rub shoulders with him or take pictures can hurdle you temporarily into the limelight which will boost your centre and sponsorship. Sad.

Many lamas of all sects would do that in order to further their own causes. We will observe the truth of this after Dalai Lama passes away whether the Tibetan Religious leaders/Monasteries gel together or fall further apart. Not one Leader of a Sect will be able to take over the Dalai Lama’s position. That is for sure if we observe history.

Penor Rinpoche is someone who practiced his own lineage perfectly without involving in politics which shows his great sense of dharma purpose and a truly evolved being. A great example. Very inspiring.

I wish HH Penor Rinpoche’s incarnation returns soon and spreads the light of BuddhaDharma again.

TK

Press this link to see pictures:

http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=2874&cpage=1#comment-174

Zhalmed Pawo

Re: HH Penor Rinpoche Sympathetic to Dorje Shugden Monks
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 05:36:45 PM »
Is this true, really true?

I mean that if Mindroling takes a stand of non-discrimination, it is huge, I'll tell you HUGE.

Dalai might be huge also, but not even he can go against Mindroling, the seat of Nyingmapas.

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 11:51:03 PM »

This is not Mindrolling.
That is a different lama with a different Temple in North India.

I posted regarding Penor Rinpoche and NAMDROLING MONASTERY in South India. Namdroling is 15 mins from Serpom Monastery and Sera Monastery in Bylakuppe Tibetan Settlement.

And the news regarding Penor Rinpoche is accurate or I would never post.

tk

dsnowlion

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 12:15:14 AM »
I am so Happy to read this news!!!

I am so inspired to read and see this. It shows that Dharma truly exist!!! This type of news really pushes my faith in Dharma to a whole new level :)

It just shows that compassion and kindness should not have any barriers. H.H. Penor Rinpoche is obviously not afraid to stand up for compassion. No politics should stand in the way of being kind.

Thank you so much for this inspirational post TK. You consistently give us information that is both inspirational and informative that benefits everyone :)

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 01:04:29 AM »
It's really great to read that HH Penor Rinpoche was openly & publicly helping even though HH knows that no one is supposed to has association with DS practitioners.

HH's act of opening up his monastery of a different lineage for the DS monks to get supplies and no attempt to persuade these monks to NOT practice DS goes to show that HH is non-sectarian and there's nothing wrong with DS practice. I am sure HH being a great and kind Dharma teacher would be compassionately advising these monks to give up DS practice if there really was something wrong with the practice or if it was harmful to practice DS.

Thank you TK for another exciting piece of news. May great masters like HH Penor Rinpoche return swiftly and always be among us.

Geronimo

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 01:10:15 AM »
HH Penor Rinpoche came to Bloomington back in 1989 to dedicate the Land for the Tibetan Cultural Center. I found him to be a very nice person.

thor

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 01:15:51 AM »
Is this true, really true?

I mean that if Mindroling takes a stand of non-discrimination, it is huge, I'll tell you HUGE.

Dalai might be huge also, but not even he can go against Mindroling, the seat of Nyingmapas.

Mindroling or Namdroling, what's key is that HH Penor Rinpoche set an example of non-discrimination and non-sectarianism. He opened up his facilities to the outcast Shugden monks so that they would not suffer. He treated them with care, basic human-to-human relationships. He is a true example of a high being where politics and the flavour of the week do not obstruct pure and fundamental principles such as caring for the next human being. Politics aside, we all gotta eat.

May other lamas follow his great example. May sectarianism in all its forms end.

Zhalmed Pawo

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 06:10:00 AM »

This is not Mindrolling.
That is a different lama with a different Temple in North India.

I posted regarding Penor Rinpoche and NAMDROLING MONASTERY in South India.

Ok, thanks. My bad. :blush:  It seems that I got too excited over this wonderfully good development. Sorry.

I also use this opportunity to say a brief good bye, for I will have a week long holiday on Cambodia, so I will not be on the net for a while. See ya all later.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 08:28:48 AM »

what's key is that HH Penor Rinpoche set an example of non-discrimination and non-sectarianism. He opened up his facilities to the outcast Shugden monks so that they would not suffer. He treated them with care, basic human-to-human relationships. He is a true example of a high being where politics and the flavour of the week do not obstruct pure and fundamental principles such as caring for the next human being. Politics aside, we all gotta eat.

May other lamas follow his great example. May sectarianism in all its forms end.

hear hear. This generosity by HH Penor Rinpoche really shows that Dorje Shugden does not create schism or sectarianism. If so, surely a Nyingma Lama of his stature would not have supported DS practitioners. This is a wonderful example to all. May HH Penor Rinpoche return soon to benefit all sentient beings.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 12:21:54 PM »
holiday on Cambodia

Isn't that a song?

the Dead Kennedys.  ;)

Midakpa

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 04:09:05 PM »
Great act of compassion. A very significant gesture. Sends a powerful message to the anti-Shugden camp.

honeydakini

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 04:12:28 PM »
Great act of compassion. A very significant gesture. Sends a powerful message to the anti-Shugden camp.

Dear TK,
Thank you for posting this on the website and forum. It is certainly HUGE, as ZP has said and also just so greatly inspiring and heartwarming to see this huge act of kindness and Dharma.

What struck me most from reading this article is that Penor Rinpoche addresses how to help those who are suffering immediately. He recognises directly that it doesn't matter what they practice - people are people, they need to eat and they need things to live and practice, and he meets those needs.

I agree strongly with Midakpa that this very act of compassion sends a hugely powerful message to the anti-shugden camp. I hold strongly that one of the best ways of "protesting" against this ban is by kindness, by showing the "enemy" and the world at large what Dharma practice really means - human being to human being. Penor Rinpoche shows us that no matter how much someone might be perceived as being "bad", "harmful", "evil" etc, no matter how much we may or may not agree with someone, they are still beings, we still live together in this village, town, city, world, and we should look at ways to help them, not put them down further in times of difficulty.

Thank you again for this post. It signals a big glimmer of light at the end of a rather bleak and abandoned tunnel.

Lee Dhi

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 06:25:21 PM »
Thank you for the heart lifting post tk!

It is really wonderful to read this message because it reflects on the power of a straightforward act of love for all sentient beings. HH Penor Rinpoche did not choose to get entangled in the complications and politics created around the DS ban. Instead, he acted on the basic consideration of kindness towards another being.

HH Penor Rinpoche is inspiring as he shows me that pure living still exist...that the purpose of Buddhadharma is clearly remembered and practiced and we can always choose to follow his foot steps.

Last but not least, Penor Rinpoche's success in building the big and beautiful Namdroling Monastery without political involvement is very empowering. Today, many people in the secular and spiritual world give themselves the excuse that they must go with the flow, even if the "flow" is questionable. Penor Rinpoche's example shows that this is unnecessary and long-term success still rely on a pure and sincere virtuous motivations.

thor

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 09:06:00 PM »

I agree strongly with Midakpa that this very act of compassion sends a hugely powerful message to the anti-shugden camp. I hold strongly that one of the best ways of "protesting" against this ban is by kindness, by showing the "enemy" and the world at large what Dharma practice really means - human being to human being. Penor Rinpoche shows us that no matter how much someone might be perceived as being "bad", "harmful", "evil" etc, no matter how much we may or may not agree with someone, they are still beings, we still live together in this village, town, city, world, and we should look at ways to help them, not put them down further in times of difficulty.

"one of the best ways of "protesting" against this ban is by kindness"

Thank you HD that was beautifully said. Just like Gandhi was set a precedent thru his non-violent protests. Let this be a new trend in protesting! Protesting through kindness. Protestations through kindness. A reflection of Shugden's real nature of compassion a million times over. If you propitiate Him then emulate His qualities.

Geronimo

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 11:07:02 PM »
I really like this one:It is a very rare form of Vajrayogini where She's in the pose of FLYING OVER SAMSARA TOWARDS MAHAMUDRA EMPTINESS.
"Flying over Samsara""
I have Her here with me and I so much love this flying Vajrayogini.

http://www.tsemtulku.com/en/teachings/contemplations/indulge-vajra-treats/menu-id-15.html

My Beautiful VajraYogini Statue

5ft Vajrayogini

This is the beautiful 5-foot statue of Vajrayogini I had Kechara Discovery (KD) create for others and myself. It took nearly eight months to do it correctly, but once done to my satisfaction, KD can and has produced for others.

Many people have asked about it and I told them to contact KD head Liaison Paul Yap. Paul has a wonderful eye and is very artistic so he is able to create the statues according to my descriptions. I really enjoy working with Paul all these years because he's a very sincere and nice person with a heart of gold.

I was very pleased with this sacred Vajrayogini statue. We make extensive offerings to her daily to gather a great amount of merits to achieve the 11 sacred yogas of Her practice. We have a butterlamp house in our Kathmandu Ladrang dedicated to Her. And we have already offered one hundred thousand butterlamps last year to Sacred Vajrayogini.

I thought I'd post these pictures up for everyone to receive blessings, inspiration and hopefully set up their own very holy Vajrayogini shrine of any size in their homes.

Behind Sacred Vajrayogini is a Heruka Cakrasamvara thangka. We have many silver butterlamps in front of Her with hanging ornaments to make the butterlamps even more attractive. Offerings to Her should be done to the best of one's abilities. Our enlightenment for the sake of others is worth this.

This is a wonderful closeup of the 5ft Vajrayogini's holy face. Slightly wrathful, with a slight sensuous smile

Another angle (Left). Full body( Right).

Kechara Saraswati Arts studio here in Malaysia is how she gets 'fixed' up. We painted the face of the 5ft Vajrayogini in a traditional manner here in Malaysia in our Kechara Saraswati Arts department. Her crown and earrings are all removable. I've had local Malaysians trained by experts in the art of painting the sacred faces with gold. Her jewellery was done by the same department also.

With her face painted (left) and (right) this is what she looks like without any painting, brocade clothes, jewellery, or any adornments. Can be just left like so and still stunning.

Vajrayogini is the perfect Yidam. I am so happy that my students and friends can produce such a nice image and statue of this extremely sacred Yidam. Vajrayogini is the most apt Yidam for the current karmic situation in existence according to many attained Masters. May we never be separated from Her until we ascend to Her Kechara Paradise in the Westerly Direction.

Sacred VajraYogini Tsa Tsa

Vajrayogini Tsa Tsa

A few years back a very kind student gifted me with this extremely sacred tsatsa of the Lady Buddha Vajrayogini.

It is around one inch across and very light, being made of consecrated clay. I have since encased it to wear and sometimes use this tsa tsa to place on people's head for a blessing. Since I don't have power to bless, this would be better.

Bodhi Tree VajraYogini

Vajrayogini from a young Malaysian

This 18-inch Vajrayogini was given to me by a young Malaysian that I had met in Bodhgaya, India. I was in Bodhgaya on a mini retreat, staying at the Burmese Guest House and went to do meditations at the sacred Bodhi Tree daily when I met this young Malaysian. Bodhgaya is the place where Shakyamuni gained enlightenment under the Bodhi Tree.

We chatted for days, drank tea together and exchanged Dharma views. He wanted very much to give me something. So he gave me this Vajrayogini under the sacred Bodhi tree. How incredible is that! No need to say I was so happy and appreciative. I have this image with me on my altar always.

The mantras and consecration of this statue was done by Kensur Rinpoche of Gaden Monastery who is one of my teachers. So it is extra special when blessed by such a senior Master.

I have taken many people's small photographs, put them into a plastic holder and placed them under this image because I wish them to be protected by Vajrayogini. May they be protected always.

My Father's gift of VajraYogini

When I visited my father many years back, we were sitting around just talking. Suddenly he asked me "Do you like Vajrayogini?" out of the blue. We had never talked about Her before. I said "Yes I do". He said "Wait". He came back and said that this statue is originally from Panchen Rinpoche's Tashilunpo Monastery. It was gifted to my father's guru. My father's guru in turn gave it to my father. And now my dad wants to GIVE IT TO ME!!!

Vajrayogini originally belonging to Panchen Lama from Tashilunpo Monastery

I was like "Wow"! How lucky and meritorious I am. It is an old statue, blessed by high lamas and it was being given to me by my father. I sincerely thanked my dad profusely and was very moved. I did prayers to Her that night for my dad. She has been with me ever since.

All the ornaments can be fully removed and She is around 12 inches in height. Her whole body has been offered gold, otherwise She is dark in colour as She is made from copper. Her flame aureole behind Her can be removed also.

I have many other Vajrayoginis. For some good strange reasons, I am always given gifts of statues or thangkas of Her always, year after year. I am not complaining but am surprised and rejoice.

Flying VajraYogini

I have a wonderful Lady Student named Datuk May. She is a kind and warm person. Very helpful and very devoted. When I opened my Kathmandu Tsem Ladrang last year in Nepal, Datuk May presented me with this SPECTACULAR FLYING VAJRAYOGINI. It was a house warming gift. Well, the gift was special, but her warm heart was really the gift. I enjoy working with Datuk May as she is one of the Liaisons here.

Fantastic Flying Vajrayogini

This image is 27 inches high by 22 inches wide. It is a very rare form of Vajrayogini where She's in the pose of FLYING OVER SAMSARA TOWARDS MAHAMUDRA EMPTINESS.

I have Her here with me and I so much love this flying Vajrayogini.

Now I have posted Her up here so everyone may have a blessed audience with the Lady Vajrayogini.

May Datuk and all of us fly to Mahamudra.

Much Humility and thanks,

Tsem Tulku
/////////////////////////////////////////////////
A genuine treasure.

His Holiness Pabongka Rinpoche was the definitive Master of the Gelugpas in the 20th Century.

He was the root guru of both Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang and Ling Dorje Chang. Of course, they were the root teachers of the current 14th Dalai Lama.

Many of the lineages and precious teachings among the Gelug Masters directly or indirectly came from Pabongka Rinpoche.

He was recognized as being a Heruka Cakrasamvara emanation.

Geshe Tsultrim Gyeltsen told me before that when people attended the initiation of Heruka by Pabongka Rinpoche, many witnessed this:

1. That when Pabongka Rinpoche asked the wisdom beings to dissolve into the students, people in the audience would shake from the blessings.

2. Many witnessed a third eye appear on His forehead during initiations.

There are many incredible stories regarding the sublime actions of this great lama.

Even for the current incarnation living in Nepal, people would sometimes see him as Vajrayogini. Meaning, they would be looking at Him, then they blink their eyes and see a Red Lady in His place, then blink and it would be Him again! This was told to me by a senior revered lama of Sera many years back. He himself witnessed this phenomena.

How blessed to see this holy image.

Tsem Tulku
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 11:48:55 PM by Lhakpa Gyaltshen »