Author Topic: Inspiring description of Dorje Shugden  (Read 15269 times)

SabS

Re: Inspiring description of Dorje Shugden
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2016, 07:28:51 PM »
I love the description of Protector Dorje Shugden too! And I totally agree that he is the very best friend one could ever have in our secular life and most of all, in our spiritual life. Always covering our backs and preparing us as we walk the path towards attainments, his compassion is tireless and endless. How wonderful that we have the merits to recognise his Buddha self and not the ignorance of claiming him a "spirit". May the illogical ban on this wonderful enlightened Protector be swiftly lifted and more to be able to benefit from his practise.

pgdharma

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2016, 04:26:34 AM »
Yes I love this description too. Dorje Shugden is truly our best friend, helper and protector and we are so blessed to have close connection with Hm.  Dorje Shugden not only helps us in our secular life but also our spiritual life; we are very fortunate to have his guidance and protection.

I hope the Dalai Lama will lift the ban on Dorje Shugden so that more people can benefit from this practice.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2016, 03:41:56 PM »
I love this description of Dorje Shugden. Not just beautiful words, but deep within lies a promise to care for us until we achieve enlightenment. I believe it's Dorje Shugden's boundless compassion to appear to us in this form which is so similar to ourselves so that we could all connect with him easily.

The illogical ban on Shugden practice have taken too long and many people have suffered badly. I am in agreement with many millions of people everywhere requesting His Holiness the Dalai Lama to lift the ban on Dorje Shugden. Please grant us the freedom to practice the religion of our choice.

Pema8

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 06:07:26 AM »

Everyone needs a best friend, helper and protector.  Today people have a special close connection with Dorje Shugden, and he is all of these!  Just as a rainbow appears from the sky, Dorje Shugden appears from the wisdom of Buddha Manjushri.

One of Dorje Shugden's main jobs is to help us to increase our wisdom and compassion, keeping these "jewels" safely in our hearts.  Another is to make sure we always have the chance to practise Buddha's teachings so that we can be happy and free from pain and problems.

Dorje Shugden looks a little different than most of the Buddhas in this book.  He rides a white snow lion and may show a fierce, wrathful face to scare off anything that would hurt us.  Because he loves us and cherishes our spiritual practice, he protects us like a father would.  His yellow robes tell us that he has taken a vow as a monk never to harm, always to help.  His golden hat and sword show his wisdom.  The heart he holds symbolizes his compassion.  On his arm sits a mongoose that spits jewels - this reminds us that Dorje Shugden arranges perfect conditions for us to improve our spiritual practice.

Indeed, this is a beautiful quote and I wish that this endless ban comes down swiftly so that He can protect more beings! Thanks for sharing!

grandmapele

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2016, 09:07:35 AM »
Beautiful description of Dorje Shugden. The iconography is a teaching in itself. I especially like the description of compassion and wisdom as a jewel to keep safely in our hearts.

For many of us in this era, it is very hard to connect with the older Protectors. Even to connect with Dorje Shugden himself already is difficult. To obtain the merits and good karma to connect with Dorje Shugden is difficult. Is that why we have to suffer for the practice? That we have to purify something in order to continue to receive the practice?

May the ban be lifted soon and that we may purify our negative karma in a different way now that, due to the ban, the practice has been introduced to thousands more.