Author Topic: Being dharmically correct passively protects you from unknown wrathful #pujas  (Read 4230 times)

Ratna Shugden

• Email
When you can't request for protection from Dorje Shugden, due to the caster of wrathful magic using your ignorance & misconceptions about the #dharma, non-virtuous habits, & unpurified negative #karma, as bases for stopping you from protecting yourself, being as dharmically correct as possible passively protects you. Evil scans your #mind line by line looking for something to exploit.

Make a list of all non-virtuous deeds & habits committed & committing by yourself, & engage in purification practice for each of them. Engaging in a purification practice to purify negative karma in general is less effective.

#Research on the dharma to correct
your mental continuum/mind stream of misconceptions as much as possible.

Fulfill all good mundane goals dharmically. Stop all evil mundane goals.

Create your own #bodhisattva vows to engage in bodhisattva deeds for a specific group of sentient beings whom you have dharmic affinity with. All bodhisattvas had the above before becoming buddhas, you should have your own bodhisattva vows too.

grandmapele

Ratna Shugden, wow, is that why monks who hold their vows purely cannot be harmed by any evil doings of others?

But, if someone were to send harm their way, can these evils be turned back against the very person who sent it in the first place?

SabS

Thank you Ratna Shugden for your sharing. It is always good to be mindful of our wrongness so as not to repeat that wrongness again which will create negative karma. If we were to continue to create karma then we open ourselves up for others to harm us if the karma ripens under the right conditions. Therefore we should strive to stop creating karma by focusing on other instead of ourselves and our needs/wants. By focusing on others, we spend less time generating negative karma which usually arise out of our selfishness and ego.

Yes we could start being kind to those we care for or share interest in but we should bare in mind the goal of expanding our kindness to encompass all beings as they need care too.

grandmapele

So, what I can gather here, is that I may have the karma to be harmed by negativity, be it ghosts or wrathful pujas, I can still change that at the dire moments. So, if I feel that I am being harmed, then I can approach daily matters in a dharmic way which can and will change the karma from that point on? Does actions like giving food to homeless, beggars, stray dogs and cats count?

Then, if I continue to do more dharma I can gather positive karma. From there, I can have the good karma to do purification practice to further enhance the positive energy.

So, basic actions like helping a dharma centre or doing work to help others, done with a good motivation of helping them without any expectations of returns counts towards dharmic actions, capable of changing the karma and turning back negative energies?

OK, guess if that is how it works, then I answered my earlier question.  Monks holding their vows purely cannot be harmed as they hold very dharmic thoughts in their mind and evil cannot find anything negative to latch on.

Big Uncle

Actually, how I would explain it would be that all of us due to our immense negative karma, have the karma to be harmed one way or another. This is especially if we often engage in subtle negative actions of selfishness, greed, anger, jealousy and so forth. This would apply almost to every single one of us. In actuality, these little actions do not create the cause for us to be harmed but it leads to the fruitioning of similarly negative karma that can eventually lead us to be harmed. 

Purification is necessary for us to clean our mental state sufficiently for realizations especially if we are striving to transform our minds. But more importantly, we need to collect sufficient merit as well and to maintain a spiritual bond with our Dharma Protector as well. This is crucial so as to have the merits and necessary cause to receive swift and timely assistance. On top of that, we have to maintain our spiritual vows and commitments and also to repair them when we have transgressed knowingly and unknowingly.

But the most important spiritual commitment is our spiritual bond we have with our spiritual teacher. This creates tremendous merits and transformation for us. If we have broken our bond, it is important to mend this rift so our practices would bear result.  This is how I would read what Ratna Shugden had posted. 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 05:28:06 PM by Big Uncle »

Tenzin Malgyur

Thank you Big Uncle for making this clarification on Ratna Shugden's article. I am still not clear on how to create my own bodhisattva vows as suggested by Ratna Shugden. I am making much effort to maintain the spiritual bond with my teacher as I know this is the most precious relationship of all, for our kind teacher is the one who will see us through to our enlightenment.

Also noted that collection of merits continuously is of great importance as I understand that whatever 'goodness' that happened onto us would deplete our merit bank.

grandmapele

Tenzin Malgyur, far as I know, one do not deplete merits but rather deplete the good karma that we had accumulated. Therefore, we must do any dharmic activities with the right motivation and at its conclusion, dedicate whatever good we may have collected to all sentient beings, so that what we generate from the activity is merits and not merely good karma.

Continuous generation of merits is important to ensure that we have enough merits to act as the stepping stone or as the next step upwards for our dharmic path.

That's what I was given to understand.