Author Topic: Any German speakers here?  (Read 5810 times)

emptymountains

Any German speakers here?
« on: November 02, 2009, 09:19:27 AM »
I was hoping someone had a copy of the DL's interview with Klemens Ludwig where he says (trans. by Ursula Bernis):

Whoever fights against the Shugden spirit defends religious freedom. I compare this definitely to the Nazis in Germany. Whoever fights them, defends human rights, since the freedom of Nazis is not freedom.

If so, can you provide me with the original German for the above quote? The original article is entitled "Auch im Buddhismus gibt es gute und böse Kräfte" (Esotera, May 1998, p. 82).

godi

Re: Any German speakers here?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 10:21:41 PM »
I could order it. Is it important for you?

emptymountains

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 11:52:56 PM »
Dear godi,

That is a wonderful offer, and I would glady pay you for it if you can locate a copy. Do you know if back issues of Esotera magazine are available? I was unable to even find their website. I find the DL's words in that quote very disturbing; I had never seen it before until this weekend when reading Ursula Bernis' research. I have since made it the opening quote--and thus the theme--of this essay:

http://www.dharmaprotector.org/middle-way.html

However, I'd like to post the original German as part of the footnote for anyone who wishes to 'confirm' the translation.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 11:00:51 PM by emptymountains »

Freddy

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 09:16:38 AM »
The English translation is very precise. In German it says,

"Wer also den Shugden-Geist bekämpft, verteidigt die Religionsfreiheit. Ich vergleiche das durchaus mit den Nazis in Deutschland. Wer sie bekämpft, verteidigt die Menschenrechte, denn die Freiheit der Nazis ist keine Freiheit."

Esotera 5/98, S. 82
(the article itself: pp. 80 - 82)

Freddy

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 09:20:17 AM »
By the way:

the website is www.esotera.de .

emptymountains

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 02:49:47 PM »
Many thanks to Freddy and Godi! I have since added the German, as well as the link to the Esotera website, to the footnote in the essay. Very much appreciated!