Author Topic: Brave or Stupid - Bulls Run at Festival of San Fermin, Pamplona  (Read 12010 times)

fruven

Re: Brave or Stupid - Bulls Run at Festival of San Fermin, Pamplona
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2014, 03:34:56 PM »
Does insurance cover injuries from being injured by bulls run?
What happens to those who have been injured from this annual events?
Are they going to live on as usual?
Why are the festivals being promoted year after year? Is it good for business?

DS Star

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2014, 08:18:57 PM »
Fruven,

The following questions will help you to get the answers:

What is the basis of insurance coverage?
How does insurance company makes money?

What degree of injuries to define 'injured'? Being gored? Trampled? Broken bones? Bruises?
Anyone interested to know about these stupid people?
What is the definition of "live on as usual"?

Will there be any other reason this annual festival being promoted?

Anyway,  I believe you already have all the answers to all of your own questions...

Klein

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 11:36:28 AM »
Perhaps these people we take as 'fools' share this spirit?

"Security is mostly a superstition.

It does not exist in nature,

nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.

Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.

To keep our faces toward change and

behave like free spirits in the presence of fate

is undefeatable
. "

~ Helen Keller,  the American author, political activist and lecturer who was blind, deaf and mute.

I think it's fine to practise the above but not at the expense of animals or any other living beings for that matter. No one has the right to enslave or abuse other living beings for whatever reasons. It is already the 21st century. We are exposed and educated enough to know that certain cultures such as Bull Runs should be banned for the sake of the animals.

How can we teach our future generations that hurting and or taking advantage of "weaker" beings are acceptable? What kind of morals and ethics are we teaching our future generations? Why build bigger prisons and spend more money on weapons when we can prevent the need for them by instilling better value systems in our future generations.

Please stop the Bull Run festival immediately.

Erudin

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 03:09:35 AM »
Looks like Spain does not have a "Health & Safety" obsession like us in the U.K.

brian

• Email
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 07:22:23 AM »
Actually i would like to offer my condolences to the people organising such events that make animals suffer. Pointless event and it is getting unpopular year by year as we can see animals being harmed this way. I remembered watching documentaries that exposed event organisers actually infused the animals to make them more aggressive for the benefit of 'entertainment' for their fans(!) shocking revelation and i shall not join any of these activities again in future as well as my future lives.

bonfire

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2014, 10:38:59 AM »
Old "rites of passage" turned entertainment for the fools.
That is all there is to it, a degenerescence from an event that was made in full respect of the animal to one where the animal is the victim of human entertainment.

dondrup

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2014, 04:17:59 PM »
It is sheer stupidity! As with any extreme sports which is highly dangerous and life-threatening, many had ignorantly turned to this kind of sports for the thrill, excitement, the unknown, challenge and so on. In the final analysis, it is all about feeding the egoistic mind with deluded pride!
Our human life is too precious and rare to lose in these bull runs! Furthermore, these bulls had suffered tremendously for the purpose of this festival and will eventually end with death after the end of the festival.
The organizer and the local government are only perpetuating a tradition that is detrimental to participants of the festival. Those who are involved directly or indirectly in these bull runs will definitely experience heavy repercussions from torturing and killing the bulls.