Author Topic: The truly inspiring story of the Chinese rubbish collector  (Read 9531 times)

ratanasutra

Re: The truly inspiring story of the Chinese rubbish collector
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 04:57:54 PM »
I glad to know that in this degeneration time, still have such a kind and selfless person like Lou Xiaoying. Other wise how many babies will be leave alone with the junk on the streets, some might have no future and some might not even survive. This is an inspiring story on the sad fact of how cruel human can be, especial people who are the mother of those children. 

I hope this news will make a mark in chiana and make people realize what happening in china and they stop from abandon their babies.

vajrastorm

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 07:37:10 AM »
Lou Xioying is a very rare example of true compassion and altruism. Being so poor that she had to make  a living out of recycling rubbish that she collected, she was able to rescue more than 30 babies who had been abandoned at rubbish dumps. Not only that, she made sure that they were placed in homes where they would be cared for.

In China, where the draconian 1-child policy of the government has led to babies being dumped and left to die, this story must surely be a wake-up call to both the government and the people. This kind lady rightly  sees these abandoned babies as  "precious human lives", whose value went way beyond the rubbish that she collected and recycled. It is her perception of their being precious that led her to rescue them and have them raised up safely. In contrast, we see how callous the mothers and fathers of these babies were to have steeled their hearts and minds against love and compassion. How little they had valued these babies' lives. If they themselves had been abandoned at birth what would have become of them? Also, hadn't they given a thought to how these babies they had abandoned would have died. with rats and other creatures eating them up alive in bits and pieces?

Tammy

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 08:33:07 AM »
Chinese society is paying a high price for the one-child policy!

Because each couple could only have one child, the following consequences arises and are affecting the entire country:

1. Spoilt young generation
Since the implementation fo one-child policy, the children who survive this policy are now in their adulthood. But majority of them are spoilt by 4 grandparents and both parents. Being the only child for both families (father's side and mother's side), the young princes and princesses are spoilt and they are not willing to work hard.

2. Boys are now paying the price
Chinese's culture is to value boys (who carries the family name) then girls, the population is now highly imbalance with boys outnumbered girls! This makes girls very 'precious' ! Boys and their families have to work extra hard to make money to fulfilled the 'basic' requirement to raise a family - condo, credit card, cars, etc.

These are just a few of China's social problems as the direct results of one-child policy. I believe the policy is vital in controlling the population grow in China, but the implementation of the policy has much room for improvement.
Down with the BAN!!!

Aurore

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 06:19:34 PM »
Not only this story is inspiring, it also opens my eye to see the condition Lou Xioying was born in may be a result of her positive karma. To be born in a situation of poverty and where she will come across many beings she can help cannot be negative because her actions are not negative and the results are positive. Examine our comfortable pampered wasted life and compare, how does it benefit anyone?

May Lou Xioying always be born in a condition where it will benefit her and others in her future lives.

diamond girl

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2012, 05:58:41 PM »
This is an amazing story of true humanity. It makes me feel like she is China’s version of Mother Teresa. This lady dedicated her life to caring for those discarded by society, when she herself had nothing. Imagine the poverty she lived in, yet she could find enough resources to care for unwanted babies. Imagine our lives, the fact that we have jobs, a roof over our heads, food on the table – we are so fortunate – yet what do we do with our resources? Spend it on ourselves? Our loved ones? When we spend on ourselves or our loved ones – it is still an extension of self-centredness because our loved ones are an extension of ourselves. It is still about ‘me’. This lady however, cared for other children who were no relation to her, and expected nothing in return. It is an inspiring example of altruism and deep unconditional compassion because it comes from a  place of selflessness. I rejoice for her and I know that when her time comes to go for her next life, she will go to a good place. If only the world had more kindred souls like her...