Author Topic: Nuns behaving badly and disrespectful  (Read 33161 times)

brian

• Email
Re: Nuns behaving badly and disrespectful
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2013, 10:19:02 AM »
They are supposed to be representing Buddha in all kind but their actions over this matter makes me wonder whether they are really that holy and wise. Why would you cause damage onto another holy image. I don't think it is appropriate even if the statue is of a god or something. And amid all solid proof that Dorje Shugden is not an evil spirit, the nuns should be well aware of the potential of incurring bad karma for destroying a holy image.

By doing this blindly because of ignorance, i feel they are creating themselves a heavy karma for destroying holy images and especially when you are talking about Dorje Shugden's holy image. Its a big NO NO! You could be giving public a poor reflection on Buddhism as a whole. Especially with the current controversy running about doing this is not good at all!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2013, 04:11:01 AM »
They are supposed to be representing Buddha in all kind but their actions over this matter makes me wonder whether they are really that holy and wise. Why would you cause damage onto another holy image. I don't think it is appropriate even if the statue is of a god or something. And amid all solid proof that Dorje Shugden is not an evil spirit, the nuns should be well aware of the potential of incurring bad karma for destroying a holy image.

By doing this blindly because of ignorance, i feel they are creating themselves a heavy karma for destroying holy images and especially when you are talking about Dorje Shugden's holy image. Its a big NO NO! You could be giving public a poor reflection on Buddhism as a whole. Especially with the current controversy running about doing this is not good at all!

The motivation, action and result of what the nuns did does not match their role at all. Nuns represent people who have given up their material trappings for spiritual endeavor and serve as an example for laypeople. What they did was the complete opposite of what being a nun represents, from all aspects. Like I have mentioned in an earlier post, it is very sad that these nuns are allowed to remain as nuns even after they have done so much damage to the sangha and to the people around them. I wouldnt consider these nuns as nuns at all even if i am not a Dorje Shugden practitioner because what they did and their motivations were only for self gain.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2015, 08:03:28 PM »
Wow, I'm stunned! Seriously. They are setting up such a bad example to the people, they are reflecting themselves as nuns like that? I'm sorry to say this but they are degrading the Sanghas, nuns and monks are not supposed to act like that, then what is the difference between taking up a nunhood/ monkhood and staying as an ordinary person? The attitude and transformation are all that matters.