Author Topic: An open Letter by Geshe Sonam, Abbot of Gyumed Tantric College  (Read 11321 times)

hope rainbow

An open Letter by Geshe Sonam, Abbot of Gyumed Tantric College
« on: February 27, 2012, 05:33:41 AM »
There is a letter written by Kensur Sonam Gyaeltsen in January 2011:
"An open Letter to Gelug Monasteries & Sangha Regarding Dorje Shugden"
The letter can be found here:

http://wisdombuddhadorjeshugden.blogspot.com/2011_11_01_archive.html

The letter dates for over a year now. There is a paragraph in it that talks about "swearing" being contrary to monks' vows and about the responsibility of creating a schism that "swearing monks" must think about.

Dear all Gurus and monks,

Regarding the letter sent December 30, 2010, and received on January 13, 2011. The content of this letter asked me to give up the protector practice, let me explain:

In 1996 I was the Khenpo (abbot) of Gyudmed Monastery, at that time, from the Khenpo to the new monks at the end of the seats, everybody was to submit a statement to stop propitiating protector. Besides this, the letter also mentioned that we must make sure to cut off all Dharmic and worldly connections with people who pray to Gyalchen (Dorje Shugden) Protector. Such an order is impossible to carry out, please allow me to state my reasons:

Jangtse Dratsang (Gaden Monastery North College) is not a newly built monastery in India, there have been many Gurus, Rinpoches, and Geshes who propitiated Gyalchen Shugden: the attained Gurus that spread the Dharma nectar to learning monks in the Dratsang – Serkong Dorje Chang, his incarnation the 2nd Serkong Dorje Chang, Kenchen Tendakwa Rinpoche, Phara Rinpoche Lobsang Yeshe Sonam Chokyi Wangchuk, (Hardong) Geshe Rinpoche Kenrab Samten, (Gowo) Kensur Yeshe Gawa, (Tsawa) Drokmi Jampa Lodro Rinpoche, (Gowo) Geshe Nyima Gyaltsen, (Gowo) Ken Rinpoche Sonam Kunga.

These great Lamas are great masters who taught Sutra and Tantra teachings in Jangtse Monastery, if we swear to cut off all Dharmic and worldly material relationship with them, it is totally unacceptable. Forcing ourselves to cut off all Dharmic and worldly material relationship with our Gurus is something impossible to do even for non-Buddhists, let alone Buddhists like ourselves.

Where did you get your Sutra and Tantra lineage from? Maybe you dug it out from the ground.

Ken Rinpoche Sonam Kunga tirelessly taught us a lot of great scriptures, he received the teachings from his Gurus and Geshes. From Serkong Dorje Chang to Ken Rinpoche Sonam Kunga, and all the Dratsang great masters in between, it is widely known that they practiced protector Gyalchen Dorje Shugden.

You forced us monks to cut off all Dharmic and worldly material relationship with them, I cannot do it, because I am a monk, according to Tibetan traditional vinaya code a monk is not allowed to swear.
This code is also in Shakyamuni’s Vinaya scripture towards the end, page 392, you can go and check for yourselves.
You should request Samdhong Rinpoche, “Please be compassionate, don’t let the monks swear, because monks are not allowed to swear.”
But you didn’t request, and you followed Samdhong Rinpoche’s order and you swore, and caused the great Gaden Monastery to fall apart into different factions.
I did not swear because I did not want to create schism among Sangha.

Some people abuse the vinaya power in their hands, this is widely known, it is like our Tibetan proverbs “The person in charge of the water flour mill is not the main person-in-charge, the head of the farm village is not the government officials.”

I have already quoted the scriptures for you in my letter above, and have shown to you with valid and solid proofs that Gyalchen Dorje Shugden is a saint, is a protector, is a Gelug protector. I am not trying to show off my knowledge in my letter, I wrote it because I had no choice.

It seemed like our government-in-exile had nothing better to do, they spent so many years to create chaos, excommunicate many monks, divided a fine dratsang into two factions, I wrote this letter because I had enough, it is too much.

Regarding Dorje Shugden, we just have to check the historical materials and we will understand the original facts. I wish the unnecessary chaos created in these 40 years can be pacified very soon.

This letter is sent to the religious department, Samdhong Rinpoche and various dratsangs, please read it openly in front of all sangha.

Gyudmed Monastery Kensur Sonam Gyaltsen
January 13, 2011
written in West Europe

Gyudmed Kensur Sonam Gyaltsen Rinpoche, or known as Geshe Sonam or Gen Tati, was born in the Year of the Tiger fire, the 13th day of the first Tibetan month (March 13, 1926), in a large family of nomadic herders in Atsa Region, between Kongpo and Kham in central Tibet. Rinpoche entered religious life at the age of 5.

On March 23, 1959, like thousands of his countrymen, Rinpoche fled Tibet for exile in India. In 1971, Rinpoche passed the exams of “Geshe Lharampa” (Doctor in Buddhist philosophy) where he obtained the first rank. While at Gaden Jangtse, Rinpoche studied under teachers like Phara Rinpoche, Geshe Samten Kenrab, Geshe Nyima Gyaltsen, Kyabje Trijang Dorjechang and Kyabje Zong Rinpoche.

In 1974, Rinpoche completed a 600-pages doctoral thesis which the theme focuses on “mental images” at the University of Varanasi, India.  Rinpoche arrived in France in 1980, where Rinpoche lived until 1990. That year, Rinpoche was appointed as the Vice-Abbot, then three years later, the Abbot of Gyudmed Dratsang until 1996. After that, Rinpoche returned to and lived in France.

From 2002 to 2006, Rinpoche went into ??a solitary retreat. Since 2004, Rinpoche devotes his time to writing. Rinpoche completed a treaty on the Vinaya, specifically the ordination of Bhikshuni. It traces the history of the introduction of the Vinaya in Tibet and chronicles the debates, the decisions taken by great masters, and supporting references.

biographic info taken from http://www.wisdombuddhadorjeshugden.blogspot.com/

beggar

Re: An open Letter by Geshe Sonam, Abbot of Gyumed Tantric College
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 01:40:51 PM »
The article is here too, http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=9775

... with a copy of the letter in its original Tibetan and a brief article about Gyudmed Kensur Sonam Gyaltsen Rinpoche. Hope Rainbow, thanks for bringing this to our attention again though. Yes, it was written over a year ago but is just as relevant now - his courage and firmness in standing up for his practice and beliefs will always be relevant and significant.

It does take a lot of courage to stand up like this for doing so risks losing everything - being expelled from the monastery and completely ostracised by their own Tibetan and monastic communities.

For example, in February of the same year, just a month after this letter was written by Kensur Sonam Gyaltsen Rinpoche, another abbot emeritus of Gaden Jangtze was expelled. Other highly respect Lamas have had terrible accusations levelled against them, just for mere associations with other Shugden practitioners. See the harrowing accounts here: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1068.0

It doesn't see like there is much that Tibetan shugdenpas can do from within their own communities in India or Nepal - makes it all the more necessary that we speak up on their behalf and keep the conversations going on the outside.

Big Uncle

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 03:48:22 PM »

You forced us monks to cut off all Dharmic and worldly material relationship with them, I cannot do it, because I am a monk, according to Tibetan traditional vinaya code a monk is not allowed to swear.
This code is also in Shakyamuni’s Vinaya scripture towards the end, page 392, you can go and check for yourselves.
You should request Samdhong Rinpoche, “Please be compassionate, don’t let the monks swear, because monks are not allowed to swear.”
But you didn’t request, and you followed Samdhong Rinpoche’s order and you swore, and caused the great Gaden Monastery to fall apart into different factions.
I did not swear because I did not want to create schism among Sangha.

This is powerful logic. I didn't know that the CTA was forcing all the monks to go against the Vinaya in order to swear off Dorje Shugden. Thank you for highlighting this very crucial point for everybody to know. The CTA is forcing the monks to break away with the Vinaya tradition for their pointless ban. It would be very interesting when the international Buddhist community learns about this. How would they feel when they send their representatives to international Buddhist meetings?

Today, we are already under siege with so much degeneration with the Buddhadharma. Very few countries today have youth and strong support for the monastic community. How many countries who have cultures that are supportive of monasticism? All of us know, without the monastics, the future of the Dharma will be bleak and those who truly uphold the Vinaya will be fewer due to the karma of the time. Hence, the CTA has contributed towards the degeneration of the Dharma when they force the monks to go against the Vinaya. There are very few monastics who are truly pure monks these days.

We are very fortunate to have such exceptions as this Gyumed Kensur. May his sacrifice and example inspire many monastics to truly hold their vows and to uphold the lineage that they have inherited from the powerful and illustrious lineage Lamas.

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 04:32:59 PM »
What I want to know is how the ban got approved and whether it was all HHDL's decision and on what grounds  the Tibetan Legislature (CTA Parliament) passed the resolution essentially supporting the ban by HHDL.

Specifically, I would like to know whether the Officials of the CTA sent to supervise such swearing-sessions were endorsed by the CTA. The Tibetan Legislature consists of representatives from the 4 Buddhist Schools who would surely have known that what they were asking the monks to do was against their vows. Was there a vote? Who represented the 4 Tibetan Schools in the CTA?

If the Tibetan Legislature could not do anything, if not to prevent the ban, then at least to ensure that monks were not forced to go against the Vinaya, then what is the purpose of having spiritual representation in the government?

The whole idea of having monks from the 4 Tibetan Buddhist Schools within the CTA is presumably to achieve some level of enlightened government. Obviously  they failed to come up with any enlightened decisions.

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 05:30:04 PM »
Obviously this old and senior Kensur Rinpoche is capable of making mistakes also. Just because they are old and learned does not mean they are not beyond faults and mistakes.  He is mistaken.Only a fully awakened Buddha is free of mistakes.
 :)
Look at Geshe Kelsang, he did so many things right and then he made a huge mistake. It spiralled his reputation, organization and students down. It will be interesting to see who takes over after the death of Geshe Kelsang. I mean many of his close and senior so called students have left for disrobed.  :(

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 05:46:13 PM »
I do not understand this. Why would a government said to be formed to protect Buddhism and then Dharma would cause monks to break their vows? I don't believe the Dalai Lama ordered it, but then again why is he not informed of this? maybe all these were done under his radar and he was kept in the dark about this? I am sure if the Dalai Lama knew, he would have been furious. The Tibetan govt has a history of manipulating and lying to the Dalai Lama so I am not surprised if they kept this concealed from the Dalai Lama.

For many centuries, Ganden Phodrang, despite its sweet sounding name has caused a lot of damage to Buddhism. They have been banning incarnations (Karmapa, Sharmapa, Chankya Rolpa Dorje, Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen, Taranatha) just because they were politically or materially more powerful than the government. They banned works and schools that went against their own tenets (I don't think Tsongkhapa would say, ban the works of those who disagree with mine, affected schools were the Jonang school and a large amount of work by Gorampa) and now…the ban, expelling monks, dividing monasteries and now forcing monks to break their vows? why would they want to destroy Buddhism for their political gain?

Let's not forget all the torture and execution methods they used: Chop the hands of those caught stealing, gouge the eyes of political enemies and pour boiling oil into the sockets to finish him off. Reting Rinpoche only insinuated about the murder, he did not carry out any killing and he could have been put under house arrest but why was he tortured to death in a dungeon? Or at least disrobed before that happens? As a Buddhist government, where is the respect given to monks and the people? Whatever happened to giving chance to people?

With such a bad track record, it is hilarious that they even imagine they have a chance of taking back Tibet. Clean up your act CTA. We know your history and track record and it has been very poor. No Dharmapala in their right mind would let you take over such a huge state and place the happiness of so many people into your hands unless you guys get more progressive. Maybe you guys need to change the way the parliament works because old ways do not work now.

vajralight

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 06:02:06 PM »
I think you may not be aware of this Tenzin, please read below.

quote: "Look at Geshe Kelsang, he did so many things right and then he made a huge mistake. It spiralled his reputation, organization and students down. It will be interesting to see who takes over after the death of Geshe Kelsang."

There is already an appointed new general director in the NKT. Geshe Kelsang Gyatso has already retired.

http://kadampa.org/en/buddhism/gen-la-kelsang-dekyong1

http://nkt-kmc-manjushri.org/gen-la-kelsang-dekyong

Gen-la Kelsang Dekyong – Spiritual Director & Resident Teacher

Gen-la Kelsang Dekyong, the General Spiritual Director of NKT-IKBU and Resident Teacher at Manjushri KMC, is a modern Buddhist nun dedicated to helping people from all walks of life attain lasting happiness through developing inner mental peace.

She has been a student of Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso for thirty years, during which time she has inspired thousands of people around the world through her sincere reliance on her Spiritual Guide, taking his teachings to heart and putting them into practice in every aspect of her life.

Gen-la Dekyong is a highly experienced Buddhist Teacher who has taught at many different centres internationally.

Before her appointment as General Spiritual Director she was the National Spiritual Director of the USA. She is a very powerful Teacher able to make Buddha’s teachings easily accessible and to show through her example how to integrate these teachings into our daily life.

Gen-la has dedicated her life to helping spread Kadampa Buddhism throughout the world by developing meditation centres and Temples in as many countries as possible, and she provides enthusiastic support and encouragement to everyone engaged in these projects.

But busy as she is, she never loses her connection with the people she is dedicated to helping and always has a kind word and wise counsel for whoever she meets.

Manjushri KMC is extremely fortunate to have such a wise, compassionate, and inspiring Teacher.

----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.newkadampatruth.org/a-moral-discipline-guide-the-internal-rules-of-the-new-kadampa-tradition-international-kadampa-buddhist-union

About the Spiritual Directors:

5. General and Deputy Spiritual Directors

5§1. The NKT-IKBU shall always have a General Spiritual Director and a Deputy Spiritual Director (‘the GSD’ and ‘the DSD’), who shall each carry the title ‘Gen-la’.

5§2. The GSD shall be the Resident Teacher of the Mother Centre of the NKT-IKBU during his or her term of office.

5§3. The GSD and DSD shall each be an ex-officio Director of the Charity.

5§4. The principal responsibilities of the GSD shall be:
• to lead individuals and society in general into the pure spiritual paths of the New Kadampa Tradition;
• to prevent NKT Teachers and students from breaking these Internal Rules;
• to oversee and improve the spiritual development of all NKT-IKBU Dharma Centres throughout the world;
• to establish and name and authorise new NKT-IKBU Dharma Centres, on behalf of the NKT-IKBU;
• on behalf of the NKT-IKBU, and acting jointly with the Education Council Representatives, to appoint the Resident Teachers of all NKT-IKBU Dharma Centres; and
• to give the Education Council a summary report of his or her activities each year, during the UK Summer Festival at the Mother Centre of the NKT-IKBU.

5§5. Only the GSD and DSD shall have the authority to grant ordination within the NKT-IKBU. Because of this, it is necessary that the GSD and DSD themselves shall always be ordained. etc.etc......SNIP...

and....

5§7. The term of office of the GSD and of the DSD shall be eight years. At the end of his or her term of office, a person serving as the GSD or as the DSD shall be eligible for re-election to the same office only once more.

5§8. At the end of his or her term of office, a retired GSD shall normally return to his or her previous Dharma Centre, to serve as the Resident Teacher there once again. Retired GSDs may be invited to give NKT-IKBU international teachings and/or empowerments, as set out in rule 5§6.

Zach

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 10:06:21 PM »
Dear Moderators do you know if the expelled abbot emirtius of Gaden Jangtse has been invited to Shar Gaden or Serpom. One being expelled does not mean that one is without a home these days.  :)

hope rainbow

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 01:06:30 PM »
Obviously this old and senior Kensur Rinpoche is capable of making mistakes also. Just because they are old and learned does not mean they are not beyond faults and mistakes.  He is mistaken.Only a fully awakened Buddha is free of mistakes.
Look at Geshe Kelsang, he did so many things right and then he made a huge mistake. It spiralled his reputation, organization and students down. It will be interesting to see who takes over after the death of Geshe Kelsang. I mean many of his close and senior so called students have left for disrobed.  :(

Dear Tenzin Gyatso,

Your resilience is remarkable.
I believe it is good that you are participating to this forum, it makes it a real debate as it should be.
So even as you face lots of people "against" your view, you remain and face them and debate, this is great!
The truth about Dorje Shugden will come out of this debate, and for this truth to come out, you play a big part. And this forum welcomes debate!
So in fact you are participating to the dynamic of revealing the truth about Dorje Shugden and you create merit on that ground. Maybe you may also do so at the instruction from your Guru (I am only assuming now) and so you create merits on two grounds.

Do you get my point here?

On your post, I'll say this:
1. you are right, being a monk does not mean one is enlightened.
2. being a Geshe neither. And so they are not free from faults and mistakes.
3. to use the recognition or non-recognition of Dorje Shugden from the parts of monks as a gage to determine if they are enlightened or not is not correct. Why? Then what about Trijang Rinpoche, what about Pabongka Rinpoche? What about the 5th Dalai lama himself?
4. yes senior students leave and disrobe, this happens in all schools, all monasteries, it even happens to Rinpoche's - it is not exclusive to NKT, so to use that as a proof that Dorje Shugden is not a Buddha is far-stretched, don't you think?
5. Many senior students stay and hold their vows, many Rinpoche's hold their vows too, so what to make of that?
6. where did you get the info that NKT is spiralling down? Because I hear otherwise...

Thanks for this debate. Yours
Hope Rainbow

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 01:48:58 PM »

Well obviously, your opinion they make mistake is a mistake because if they are capable of making mistakes so are you and so your opinions don't matter :D how about that? And if this old and senior Kensur Rinpoche can make mistakes, so can the Dalai Lama about Dorje Shugden? What if Dalai Lama said, in 3 years' time "sorry! I made a mistake! Dorje Shugden was enlightened after all. I just put the ban as a social experiment…didn't think so many suckers would fall for it…oops" then how? What will you do? (no disrespect intended)

Geshe Keslang started a whole new tradition and broke off from being Gelug but he still keeps Lama Tsongkhapa's teachings and obviously not everyone is receptive to something new for him to have deserters, i don't see anything wrong and for the 76586578th time, even the Buddha had Devadatta….even the Buddha have haters. So what about high lamas today? What about 10 people who leave out of 10,000, why is it even a big deal? Why is this even a critical point?

Buddhas don't make mistakes but some people would like to see that he did. The tirtikhas during his time for example saw that he did, else they would have converted to be Buddhists already. Interestingly I also found this quote: "The Buddha was once asked if he'd ever made a mistakes, he answered "I am making a mistake even now.. Nothing more."… so what do you have to say about the "Buddha not making mistakes?"

It is interesting to see that NKT is adopting a system that is similar to the Ganden Tripa system where the leader is elected every x number of years. Looks like Geshe Keslang really saw himself as Tsongkhapa when he started NKT. That explains why the tulku system and the oracle systems were taken out of the group, because nobody else can verify the authenticity…makes sense. Not really my thing tho, but i still respect what he is doing.

bambi

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 04:11:36 AM »
From reading the letter that Kensur Sonam Gyaltsen wrote, I felt sad and happy at the same time. Because such a respective High Lama need to write a letter to voice out His concerns asking the government and the Sangha, why they ask people to swear in and why create unnecessary distraught among people who practice Lord Dorje Shugden knowing the facts are obvious.

'Where did you get your Sutra and Tantra lineage from? Maybe you dug it out from the ground.'

Such a good question. The great Lineage masters whom many receive their initiations from, practice Lord Dorje Shugden. And even mentioned the Vinaya vows of which the Sanghas cannot swear, even if HHDL said so as nobody can override the people who receive their practice from their Lamas.

Contents of letter, straight to the point with FACTS and no disrespect.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 08:21:04 PM »
From reading the letter that Kensur Sonam Gyaltsen wrote, I felt sad and happy at the same time. Because such a respective High Lama need to write a letter to voice out His concerns asking the government and the Sangha, why they ask people to swear in and why create unnecessary distraught among people who practice Lord Dorje Shugden knowing the facts are obvious.

'Where did you get your Sutra and Tantra lineage from? Maybe you dug it out from the ground.'

Such a good question. The great Lineage masters whom many receive their initiations from, practice Lord Dorje Shugden. And even mentioned the Vinaya vows of which the Sanghas cannot swear, even if HHDL said so as nobody can override the people who receive their practice from their Lamas.

Contents of letter, straight to the point with FACTS and no disrespect.

You see, people are always looking for a shortcut and easy way out, especially if that method increases delusions and negative karma. HHDL obviously cannot and does not override the vinaya, only the Ganden Tripa can do that and even that he would not modify the vows for whatever reason. So everyone thinks that they can impress the Dalai Lama by putting desperate measures on others despite it causing harm to others….and get away with it. How very wrong.

It is amazing to see how people would ditch their lineages just to politically correct and use the Dalai Lama's name to do such things despite knowing that it is wrong. Why would you want the Dalai Lama but do negative actions and using him as an excuse to be ungrateful and harmful towards the lineage masters who tireless pass the teachings with no agenda or pretense? Wouldn't the demerits add to the shortening of the Dalai Lama's life?

It is really up to the people to really think this time about the whole Dorje Shugden is impure thing. Why kick away the monk bout not his contributions like the texts he wrote, his property and his teachings? If Dorje Shugden was really bad, then the whole of Gelugpa would have to be closed down as most of our teachings  and lineages come primarily from Pabongkha and Trijang who practiced Dorje Shugden. So if we can kick the monk out why not use his tainted property and Dharma? Burn them then!

I feel that the abbot is really doing something good and speaking up against the whole bucketload of nonsense that people are doing in the name of the ban because they are too bored or whatever the reason. The ban can be overcome if more people speak up instead of keeping quiet. We should all speak up against this but to the right people so that there will be an effect.

whitelion

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 09:28:43 PM »
Thanks very much, Kensur Rinpoche Geshe Sonam Rinpoche.

A lot of Sangha choose to forgot where they came from, they forget their guru and their kindness. When Gaden monk first came to India from Tibet, they have nothing. They study under hot sun during day, they sleep in a tent at night. Most of the buildings in Gaden Jangtse and Shartse that we still see today was build by different high lama that time.

Kyabje Zong Rinpoche was one of the high lama who oversee the construction in Gaden Shartse when it first started in India. All comfortable buildings that all the Shartse sangha staying or the prayer hall that still in use now was build that time. We all know HH Kyabje Zong Rinpoche was one of the famous DS practitioner, if we wanna to swear in to let go of his practice, why are you still staying/studying in these building that build by DS practitioner ?

Anyone who choose to swear in to ban for the political reason, please do not take any advantage from Kyabje Zong Rinpoche anymore. Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche and Kyabje Zong Rinpoche contributed countless virtues to the three Jewels, but people who took countless teaching or benefit from this 2 holy beings forget everything after they passed. How dare you to swear in not to practice DS or call DS an evil spirit in the Gompa that builded by Zong Rinpoche ? 

Please don't do this to your lama, please don't break their heart. Please don't break your vows just like how Gyumed Kensur Geshe Sonam told us. It's enough already, time to wake up. Please don't create more causes for people have more doubts on Buddhism.

michaela

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 11:01:59 AM »
It is very unfortunate for a fine institution such as Gaden Monastery to be divided due to the issue of which protector to practice.  I admired Geshe Sonam's courage to openly hold on to his principles for practicing Gyalchen Dorje Shugden and refusing to cut off relations with his gurus.  He is setting good examples of guru devotion.

I don't think I am in the position to say anything for those who choose to swear.  It is easy for me from the outside far from the effect of the ban, that one should not swear.  I do not feel to social implications of not swearing and cutting off relations with the guru.  However, everytime someone showed up and said that I will hold on to my principles and what I truly believe in, I feel great admiration for that person. 

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 12:05:31 PM »
At this time and age, it is very heartfelt to see people who will not choose the easy way out of things, that is to compromise on one's values and traditions for comfort and because it is so much easier to just switch over to the other side. I really applaud this tantric master's courage in speaking out against the ban and every effort that goes against the ban will bear fruit in the near future where the ban will be lifted and Dorje Shugden practitioners can safely practice again. I really look forward to that day!