Author Topic: Bullet-proof Mani pills by Domo Geshe Rinpoche  (Read 14947 times)

Namdrol

• Email
Bullet-proof Mani pills by Domo Geshe Rinpoche
« on: February 15, 2012, 09:22:09 PM »
This is something bizarre extracted from some chinese forum, but the source is quite reliable so I thought I would share it with everyone.

These are mani pills made by the previous Domo Geshe Rinpoche, last time in Tibet it was said one single pill was worth the value of a horse, meaning you use one horse to trade for one pill, and one horse at that time was what a BMW is worth today. And before the transaction, the buyer would tie the mani pill on a horse and shoot the horse with a gun, only when the horse was proven unharmed that the transaction was made, bizarre...i know

And it was said that Domo Geshe Rinpoche went to jail for a while for making it because it encouraged violence, something like that. Maybe bad people would buy it to rob or kill or something.

And some lamas said that if the weapon used is clean, the person wearing the mani pill would not be harmed, but if the weapon (knife or gun) used is contaminated, then the person would be harmed...

This should go into Ripley's Believe It or Not! Anyone care to get one and try? I don't mind giving you a shot just to prove the effectiveness.

Tenzin Gyatso

Re: Bullet-proof Mani pills by Domo Geshe Rinpoche
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 09:32:41 PM »
The current incarnation of Domo Geshe came to Dharamsala to seek audience with HHDL. HHDL confirmed the current incarnation whereupon he proceeded to Sera Jhey Monastery in South India. Now he is engaged in his studies in Sera Jhey as his previous incarnation.

Namdrol

• Email
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 10:16:48 PM »
Dear Tenzin Gyatso, I think you are talking about the other Domo Geshe Rinpoche right?

The current Domo Geshe Rinpoche that we know of is in Shar Gaden Monastery and has just received his ordination vows just last month: http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=11454

He is recognized by Dorje Shugden and high lama like Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche.

So the Domo Geshe that you mentioned is the one recognized by the Dalai Lama, do you have further news about him?

hope rainbow

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 08:35:53 AM »
And some lamas said that if the weapon used is clean, the person wearing the mani pill would not be harmed, but if the weapon (knife or gun) used is contaminated, then the person would be harmed...

What is meant here by "clean" or "contaminated"?

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 09:41:38 AM »
This is something bizarre extracted from some chinese forum, but the source is quite reliable so I thought I would share it with everyone.

These are mani pills made by the previous Domo Geshe Rinpoche, last time in Tibet it was said one single pill was worth the value of a horse, meaning you use one horse to trade for one pill, and one horse at that time was what a BMW is worth today. And before the transaction, the buyer would tie the mani pill on a horse and shoot the horse with a gun, only when the horse was proven unharmed that the transaction was made, bizarre...i know

And it was said that Domo Geshe Rinpoche went to jail for a while for making it because it encouraged violence, something like that. Maybe bad people would buy it to rob or kill or something.

This should go into Ripley's Believe It or Not! Anyone care to get one and try? I don't mind giving you a shot just to prove the effectiveness.

Namdrol! u gotta share the chinese website with me! I wanna go see~!
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

Namdrol

• Email
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 12:37:48 PM »
Namdrol! u gotta share the chinese website with me! I wanna go see~!

Here Harry: http://bbs.gelupa.org/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=26840

Namdrol

• Email
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 12:39:12 PM »
And Harry, let me know when you get one, I will prepare my knife (don't think I can get a gun) and test it on you.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 03:03:52 PM »
Kyabjye Domo Geshe was a great practitioner of Dorje Shugden, he was a tamer of all kinds of beings and he was the one who included Namka barzin into the DS mandala. It would be a great shame if his current incarnation does not once again engage in Dorje Shugden practise, it would severely limit his true potential.

I had the good fortune to be in the presence of the Domo Geshe at Shar Gaden, it was my good fortune have audience with this mahasiddha.

Picture Embalmed body of Tomo Geshe rinpoche-it was completely destroyed during cultural revolution. Dungkar monastery,upper yatung. From Tenpa Transhimalayan Arts

jeremyg

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 03:48:02 PM »
At the moment there are supposedly two Dromo Geshe Rinpoches. One in Shar Gaden recognized by Kyabje Yongal Rinpoche, and another in Sera Jhey, recognized by his holiness the Dalai Lama. Weird and controversial seeing as Shar Gaden is a monastery that practices Dorje Shugden, so it the Dalai Lama trying to make a statement. It is also worth noting that Dromo Geshe's previous incarnations were all Dorje Shugden practitioners. It is weird and bizarre that the Dalai Lama had to recognize another Dromo Geshe Rinpoche, but we cannot discount the fact that Dromo Geshe Rinpoche could have reincarnated into two different bodies, to benefit and reach out to more. Food for thought nonetheless.

Quote from: Namdrol on Today at 05:22:09 AM

What is meant here by "clean" or "contaminated"?

Can someone please answer this question, I and many others would surely like to know!

Also, does anyone know what has happened to these Mani Pills, do some still exist today?

Q

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 05:03:46 PM »

What do you mean by clean and uncontaminated?
Does contaminated mean, the weapon used for ill rather than protection? or how?

Well, I wouldn't be surprised on the existence of this mani pills, the pill with the ability to protect life.
However, i don't think it's so simple that you can test it on a TV show lol!

I think it is ridiculous that Domo Rinpoche was jailed due to this... It obviously DOES NOT encourage violence. How do I know this? well, logic. When we invoke the Dharma Protector, definitely it is for protection (be it for financial support, safety, etc) which will help us to progress in our spiritual journey. Obviously, doing something like robbing and killing will give the person no protection as these actions are the main cause that will make their spirituality spiral down. I suppose this is the main problem with the lack of knowledge in the Buddhas and in the true intention of a Lama's pure motivation in producing such a blessed item for people to be protected.

Klein

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 05:36:34 PM »
I'm not surprised that these holy mani pills do exist and have the power of protection if they originated from Domo Geshe Rinpoche. I guess the significance here is that supernatural powers do exist if we do our practice well. These powers exist as a by product of having an altruistic state of mind that is all about compassion.

With these powers, one can benefit others even more effectively. So instead of gawking over these pills, I'm inspired by the powers of having a compassionate mind.

Manjushri

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 06:08:49 PM »
Hmm, I'm abit sceptical of the bulletproof mani pills, but the biography of Kyabje Domo Geshe Rinpoche posted in this website has proved my scepticism wrong otherwise. (Read more on Kyabje Domo Geshe Rinpoche's biography on dorjeshugden.com here: http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=1315) . If you think that it somehow is biased, this page also states the tremendous qualities of Domo Geshe Rinpoche and his powerful mani pills:   http://www.domogesherinpoche.org/ 

I am in no doubt of how powerful the mani pills made by Domo Geshe Rinpoche is, as I have personally witnessed and seen mani pills being taken to cure fatal diseases. The incredible powers of Tibetan Lamas should never be doubted.

Yeah, what does it mean by the weapon is "clean" and "contaminated"?. Is it with reference to weather the weapon has been used to kill others? Or whether the weapon has gone under some kind of spell/ritual/blackmagic?

Also, I am wondering why HHDL recognized another Domo Geshe Rinpoche in Dharamsala. Is it to protect the recently ordained Domo Geshe Rinpoche by Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche residing in Shar Gaden,? Maybe, like what jeremyg said, that Domo Geshe Rinpoche reincarnated into 2 different bodies for different purposes. Who knows. Anyways, to me, the current recognized Domo Geshe Rinpoche is the one unmistakenly recognized by Trijang Rinpoche. I hope Domo Geshe Rinpoche grows up to manifests all his powers and abilities soon to continue turning the wheel of Dharma.

vajrastorm

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 08:07:34 AM »
The following is information extracted from the Biographies section of this website regarding these "bullet-proof Mani(rilbu)pills which were first made by the great compassionate Master. the first Domo Geshe Rinpoche. The pills thereafter just multiplied by themselves and were given freely by Domo Geshe Rinpoche I to those who had need of them. These pills had both holy and medicinal powers on the one hand and magical powers on the other. Among the many qualities , the pill gave protection against different kinds of weapons, including bullets.

The second incarnation of Domo Geshe Rinpoche was equally compassionate and also gave away these pills freely. But under no circumstances whatever did he knowingly give the pills to people who would use them to perpetrate violence. One of the reasons given out as to why the Chinese imprisoned the second Domo Geshe Rinpoche was that he had given these pills to resistance fighters who had used them as protection against weapons. Now, Domo Geshe Rinpoche and the monks of his Labrang did give away these pills as they had been doing all along to help heal and protect; and some of these pills came into the hands of some resistance fighters(fighters against the Communist Chinese) who had indeed used the bullet-proof pills to protect themselves.

But this is different from what is implied in Namdrol's words about Rinpoche going to jail - " Domo Geshe Rinpoche went to jail for a while for making the (bullet-proof pill) because it encouraged violence....".

Again , from the Biography of Domo Geshe Rinpoche I, we learn that these rilbu pills are so very powerful that they are known to even "guarantee at least 7 human rebirths if administered at the right moment of the death process".

The second Domo Geshe Rinpoche is said to have continued making these pills after his escape to India and the pills he made were said to be even more powerful than the ones made by the first Domo Geshe Rinpoche. Nonetheless, the Domo Geshe Rinpoche's lineage of incarnations are all equally great in compassion and wisdom. All are strong practitioners of Dorje Shugden. The third incarnation now resides in Shar Gaden.

bambi

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 09:52:48 AM »
I agree with what Q mentioned.  If the motivation of the person having the pill is wrong, I don't think it will benefit them. How precious it is to have one. Made and blessed by someone so highly attained and compassionate.
I didn't know that there are 2 Domo Geshe Rinpoche reincarnations. I believe what jeremyg and manjushri said might be true. Having 2 different bodies with same mind to benefit more. The one that I know is the one that recently received His ordination vows in Shar Gaden. With Domo Rinpoche's line of reincarnations I believe that the pills made would be more powerful than the ones before.

Positive Change

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 09:59:46 AM »
It sounds all really "out of this world" and almost "movie like" but an article like this clearly shows the attainments of this great being which explains the magical/miraculous abilities which are documented throughout his previous life.

I do not doubt the efficacy of the pills but for the sake of discussion, which of the following would you choose in the following:

Scenario 1: Should you be asked to "test" the pills.

Would you be the:

1. Person pulling the trigger?
2. Person swallowing the pill and taking the bullet?

In the event that the pill does not work, which would be worse in terms of negative karma considering both were consenting (if it makes any difference, but I doubt it does)? NO. 1 would be killing and NO. 2 would in essence suicidal.

Or in scenario 2: Should someone acquire a pill and pass it on to someone else who consumes it, does get shot and gets killed.

3. Person giving the pill
4. Person comsuming the pill

In the event that the pill does not work, which would be worse in terms of negative karma considering both were consenting and why?

This is purely hypothetical and in no way reflective of Domo Geshe Rinpoche's mani pills. I just thought it interesting as I was thinking