Author Topic: Report from Sera Monastery in South India - with PICTURES  (Read 9474 times)

Admin

• Administrator
    • Email
Report from Sera Monastery in South India - with PICTURES
« on: February 25, 2008, 08:45:46 PM »
Report from Sera Monastery in South India

February 25, 2008

The great prayer festival is being held at Sera Lachi monastery which is situated at Bylakupee, Karnataka Sate. The festival started at 7 am in the assembly hall of Sera Lachi. Over 200 police were deployed around the assembly hall. The monks from Pomra who worship Dorje Shugden attended the prayer. They were able to attend with the protection from the police. But Shugden monks were not given tea, bread, and food, while other monks are having refreshment. Seven journalists including foreigners showed up and they have witnessed everything there. One news about this appeared in Karnataka newspaper in South India with picture of Dorje Shugden and Sera Lachi monastery.
How sad it is to see the monks who were not given nothing, while other are enjoying tea and breads in their eyes. What discrimination, abuses and miserable it is!

These unprecedented horrible things happened as the result of the Dalai Lama's speech on February 9, 2008. Here are the pictures of the monks in the Great Prayer Festival.

mountains

• MAY THE DALAI LAMA LIFT THE BAN AGAINST SHUGDEN
HOW CAN TIBETAN AUTHORITIES ALLOW THIS GREAT EMBARRASSMENT??
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 02:38:29 PM »
PLEASE LET'S SEND THESE PICTURES AND EXPLANATION TO EVERYONE WE KNOW AND LISTED ON THIS WEBSITE.

HOW CAN THE POLICE BE POLICING THE MONKS TO BE 'PEACEFUL????' THAT IS SO CONTRADICTORY TO EVERYTHNG BUDDHA HAS TAUGHT.

HOW CAN SOME MONKS SIT BY AND HAVE FOOD/TEA AND WATCH THE OTHER MONKS GO WITHOUT??? WHAT KIND OF POLITICS IS INFLUENCING/FORCING THE MONKS TO ACT IN THAT MANNER. WHAT AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE TIBETAN/INDIAN/BUDDHIST AUTHORITIES. I FEEL ASHAMED. I DO NOT MEAN ANY DISRESPECT, BUT I AM VERY EMBARRASSED.

whitelion

Re: Report from Sera Monastery in South India - with PICTURES
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 05:02:04 PM »
Thanks for sharing these photos, it show clearly how "compassion" they are from the "bright" side (those who choose to forgo their lama/lineage/practice under the pressure of CTA or TGIE)

5 years ago, under the pressure of CTA/TGIE, Prombra Khamtsen which belong to Sera Monastery was force to remove from the monastery due to the protector from this particular Khamtsen, Dorje Shugden, Whom CTA claims that it's an evil spirit. This protector have been practice for centuries (by the way, DS was assigned to Phompra Khangtsen as a Protector by the monastery and approved by HHDL).

Due to the ban, the lama, geshe and monks who are practicing Dorje Shugden being chased out from the monastery. CTA also doesn't provide food, accommodation, medical, education support to whoever is practicing Dorje shugden in the Tibetan community, and yet CTA announced Tibetan have total "freedom" to choose what they want. I will not want this type of freedom.

Recently, more and more Tibetan community will not send their children to monastic school, i think above is one of the main cause. On one side, CTA or monasteries that under CTA are chasing away/ bad treating/mental torture/doesn't provide any help to those who are practicing DS, yet they are teaching about compassion, loving kindness in the high throne. I think this is total hypocrite.

Well, due to the blessing from the Lama, protector and guru devotion from DS practitioner, DS monastery, hospital, school are growing. In less than 5 years time, Prombra Khamtsen have "upgraded" into Serpom Monastery. In the new Serpom Monastery, we have senior Lama, authentic oracle and real sangha that have guru devotion, DS lineage is growing. I strongly believe if one keep their samaya with their lama clean and the blessing of protector will bring whatever is needed.

check out the link for more info of Serpom Monastery on their official opening, and Dorje Shugden taking trance and speak thru the oracle.

Small | Large

lotus1

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 07:55:57 PM »
It is really sad to see the discrimination just because of different believe in Protector. The worse part is this is done by so call “Buddhists” and “monks” that should be practicing love, peace, compassion and equanimity.

In order to fight against this injustice, we should even promote more on Dorje Shugden and let more people know about him and the unfair and inhumane treatments that have been given to his practitioners since the ban. Thanks Dorjeshugden.com and xiongdeng.com for leading in this.

The time will show… as the law of karma is always the truth. We can see that DS monasteries like Serpom, Shar Gaden, etc are still growing despite the ban. There are great lamas like HH Trijang Rinpoche is reincarnated and now starting to turn the wheel of Dharma. How would DS be wrong???!!!

Down the CTA and may the ban be lifted soonest!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 08:36:54 AM »
I think it is really sad indeed to have to witness such discrimination even between sangha at this day and age. Causing schism in the sangha is a heavy misdeed indeed but HHDL can get away with it.....perhaps maybe this is a preparation for something big to come to Dorje Shugden practitioners in the near future? I can only hope that our tenacity and patience will be worth it at the end of the day...monks that are being discriminated against is a very sad sight that should not even happen in the first place. Lets hope that the ban will be lifted soon and all of these will stop.

brian

• Email
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 01:29:15 PM »
I think it is really sad indeed to have to witness such discrimination even between sangha at this day and age. Causing schism in the sangha is a heavy misdeed indeed but HHDL can get away with it.....perhaps maybe this is a preparation for something big to come to Dorje Shugden practitioners in the near future? I can only hope that our tenacity and patience will be worth it at the end of the day...monks that are being discriminated against is a very sad sight that should not even happen in the first place. Lets hope that the ban will be lifted soon and all of these will stop.

It is indeed very sad to know this. Such suffering should be made to stop already because it is so unfair to the Dorje Shugden loyal devotees. Aren't we praticising religious freedom nowadays? It is very harsh on them.
May the ban be lifted very soon!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 03:19:43 AM »
It is indeed very sad to know this. Such suffering should be made to stop already because it is so unfair to the Dorje Shugden loyal devotees. Aren't we praticising religious freedom nowadays? It is very harsh on them.
May the ban be lifted very soon!

Religious freedom unfortunately does not exist in Dharamsala where the only religion and head is the Dalai Lama and nobody can overwrite his commands no matter how bad it may be. But for the Dorje Shugden practitioners in Sera, they can now go to Serpom where they will be taken care of and this will not happen to them. At least, there is that as a consolation for now. When the ban is lifted, there is no doubt that they will be reunited again as a whole monastery, where everyone gets a piece of bread and a cup of tea.