Author Topic: 103 novice monks joined Shar Gaden!  (Read 14646 times)

Mana

103 novice monks joined Shar Gaden!
« on: November 13, 2011, 09:09:54 PM »
Not sure if this has been posted before, but it is very inspiring, because now Shar Gaden monks are not only ex-Gaden Shartse (mainly) monks, but new and fresh novice are joining as well! This means Shugden monastery is growing, eventually becoming a strong lineage of it own, wonderful! Read on:

taken from Shar Gaden website: http://shargadenpa.org/new-comers

On the date 9th, September 2010, more than 103 novices who came from remote areas of Himalayas, joined Shar Gaden Monastery seeking complete monastic education and knowledge of Buddha Dharma. Since their admission is confirmed, the monastery is taking whole responsibilities of their accommodation, health care, education, daily sustenance, provision of monks robe, supplement of education accessories and so forth. Similarly, the administrators have randomly selected senior monks equal number to the novices as personal teacher of the novices separately and with the completion of this allotment, the appointed personal teachers take all rest of the responsibilities and give him all kind of education when the usual puja sessions and regular classes are not in progressed.

All the novices are between the age of 7 to 14 and are from very poor family background, they have come here with the full consent from their respected parents even they have willingly sent their sons and motivated them to be good person unlike the allegation being made by Tibetan Exile Government or The Office of Dalai Lama that we kidnap minor children only with an intention to expand the numbers of troops which is hard to believe they have said such !

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Re: 103 novice monks joined Shar Gaden!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 02:07:07 AM »
These new monks are settling in and adapting well.

They have all been given 'house teachers' to help guide them along in their studies. The abbot has granted each of them Rabjung (preliminary ordination) and bestowed a new Dhama name upon them. Many of them just finished their first exams.

In December most of the newcomers will be taking the next step on the path of ordination: Getsul dompa. (novice vows).

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 07:05:43 AM »
That's immensely funny, CTA would promote it as a way to increase the "troops"...

well the so called "troops" need feeding, shelter, education, and examinations to make them into perfect teaching machines ready to infiltrate the world, with Dharma.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 01:06:46 PM »

This is very joyful to see more kids will have dharma in their lives, I mean if you compare all the children of the world how many actually get exposed to dharma and are blessed with such precious knowledge when they are young. Most of us meet the dharma very late in our lives.

Having said that for parents to have the faith and send their children to be monks in Shar Gaden shows Shar Gaden far reaching influence so much so that the kids are sent to study there. Shows that Shar Gaden stands for dharma , the truth,stands for Dorje Shugden,devotion to guru and practise, hard work.

dorjedakini

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 02:27:09 AM »
....their respected parents even they have willingly sent their sons and motivated them to be good person unlike the allegation being made by Tibetan Exile Government or The Office of Dalai Lama that we kidnap minor children only with an intention to expand the numbers of troops which is hard to believe they have said such ![/i][/b]

It is very inspiring and empowering to see so many parents sent their sons to Shar Gaden to be monk. Even though they came from remotes areas of Himalaya and from a poor family background, but it is their good Karma and Merits to be a monk in such a young age and get connected with Je Tsongkhapa teaching and Shugden protection.

What a joke by CTA, one day they will feel so embarrass when the banned is lifted...

beggar

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 03:37:33 PM »
These new monks are settling in and adapting well.

They have all been given 'house teachers' to help guide them along in their studies. The abbot has granted each of them Rabjung (preliminary ordination) and bestowed a new Dhama name upon them. Many of them just finished their first exams.

In December most of the newcomers will be taking the next step on the path of ordination: Getsul dompa. (novice vows).

Losang Tenpa, thank you for the beautiful news. Where do these young monks come from? Are they also a part of the Tibetan community from Mundgod? With the addition of 100+ monks, this means the total number of monks in Shar Gaden must be well into about 800 by now? It is amazing how fast the growth is in Shar Gaden, considering how relatively "new" they are and set up not that long ago.

Please do share also, if you can, what their education programme would be like? It is very exciting to hear and receive this news - this is the new generation of great masters, teachers and practitioners to bring Lama Tsongkhapa's teachings and Dorje Shugden's most powerful lineage to the world.

Thanks again to everyone who is sharing information from within Dorje Shugden and Tsongkhapa's mandalas :-*

dsiluvu

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 07:00:11 PM »
Thanks for this inspiring update and pictures and info!

This goes to show whatever we're doing to promote Dorje Shugden does not go in vain. This is definitely one way we can measure :) 

People are intelligent and can think through the illogical ban so much so that parents have courage and are encouraging their sons to become novice monks at Shar Gaden :) May Shar Gaden and all other Dorje Shugden practicing monasteries/centers grow more and continue the lineage!
Yes do tell from where these young great masters to be come from? 

Wonder if these young monks have seen the Dorje Shugden comic book... wonder what they'd think?

DharmaSpace

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 11:40:41 AM »
I wonder if any kind Tibetan monk would translate and send to the dorjeshugden webmaster the translation from English to Tibetan. That would make the graphic novel accesible to all the young monks and they can get the story of Dorje Shugden with relative ease!

Losang Tenpa you are in Shar Gaden all the time, do you know Tibetan?

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 02:10:35 PM »
I wonder if any kind Tibetan monk would translate and send to the dorjeshugden webmaster the translation from English to Tibetan. That would make the graphic novel accesible to all the young monks and they can get the story of Dorje Shugden with relative ease!

Losang Tenpa you are in Shar Gaden all the time, do you know Tibetan?

I can read Tibetan, but doubt I would have time for translating the entire graphic novel. Maybe I can put together a team here of monks who have some freetime and are willing to take on this task.

I have considered using the graphic novel as a fun teaching tool in English class, but do not have the resourses to print out enough copies for all of the students. Pehaps if someone were to sponsor the printing, I am sure the monks working in the library could get the text printed in Hubli.

dondrup

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 08:26:43 PM »

... All the novices are between the age of 7 to 14 and are from very poor family background, they have come here with the full consent from their respected parents even they have willingly sent their sons and motivated them to be good person unlike the allegation being made by Tibetan Exile Government or The Office of Dalai Lama that we kidnap minor children only with an intention to expand the numbers of troops which is hard to believe they have said such !

It is most rejoicing to know there are parents willing to send their children to be ordained at the Buddhist Monastery like Shar Gaden.  If we check, it is rare to find monks and nuns in many of the Buddhist temples, centres or institutions in Asia now.  Only in certain Buddhist countries in Asia like Myanmar and Thailand where there still exist a culture of parents sending their children to monasteries to be ordanined as novice monks. These parents know that the ordination will benefit their families and especially the novice concerned.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 01:31:17 PM »
Losang Tenpa, would be fab if you can use the graphic novel as a teaching aid for the young monks.
No Printer at Shar Gaden? If you have a printer perhaps can start with black and white. I printed out a few sets for my nephews and nieces in black and white and then with a book binder wallah I have for them a treat good for a few lazy afternoons! I do pray for you to succeed in using the graphic novel as a teaching tool! 

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 03:22:23 PM »
Losang Tenpa, would be fab if you can use the graphic novel as a teaching aid for the young monks.
No Printer at Shar Gaden? If you have a printer perhaps can start with black and white. I printed out a few sets for my nephews and nieces in black and white and then with a book binder wallah I have for them a treat good for a few lazy afternoons! I do pray for you to succeed in using the graphic novel as a teaching tool!

I actually have a printer in my room but with over 100 students I dont think I can print enough to give a copy to each monk in my classes.

I will think of something.

Manjushri

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 04:50:38 PM »
Wow, this is such awesome news! I really like the idea of how each novice monk has a senior monk  allocated to them, like a mentor-buddy system. I feel its a really good way to learn, and it feels good to have someone to rely on, like an older brother, especially since the novice monks are still quite young and away from their families.

Having more novice monks enter Shar Gaden symbolises that the practise of Dorje Shugden is growing, and more people are getting their facts right, instead of just believing that practising Dorje Shugden is bad. This is evident because the family members of the novice monks have willingly allowed their sons to join Shar Gaden and I am sure they have heard both sides of the story before deciding to allow their sons to join a monastery that practises Dorje Shudgen. Does this mean that in time the bad will soon be uplifted as many more people are more forthcoming with their acceptance of Dorje Shugden?!?! :)

Oh by the way, Losang_Tenpa, I guess if you don't have the capacity to print a copy of the comic for each of the young monks, maybe you can, if you have a projector, project it onto the wall, so that everyone in the class can see and then you can use it as a teaching tool during classes!

It is absolutely brilliant that there is this resource (the comic book) online. Thank you to whoever created this comic book! It is so creative, a great way to be able to learn, and the images are stunning. So easy to read, especially if you don't like heavy texts. Thank you!!

Manjushri.

icy

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 12:27:11 AM »
It is really amazing these young little monks joining Shar Garden despite the ban and opposition.  DS really works in a strange way, isnt it?  By the way how things are progressing at Shar Garden, I am confident it  will become huge and powerful in no time.  I also heard alot of financial contributions are pouring into  Shar Garden even other big monasteries have not heard of.  It is just incredible how people have not lost faith and in fact it is increasing.  It goes to show in this modern society people are more educated and willl not just listen to hearsays. 

Long live Dorje Shugden!!!

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 06:49:20 PM »
Nice. It is a wonderful news as out of the 103 novice monks, some will be geshe ,some sincere practitioner of dharma and some will grow up to serve wonderful Shugden High Lamas.

I rejoice as joining the monastery as such a young age is becoming more rare. I'm very sure intakes of young monks in all monasteries has fallen tremendously compared to 10 - 20 years ago due to the degenerate era.

Therefore, I do not understand why CTA will spend so much time criticizing and finding faults at Shugden practitioners especially high lamas such as Gangchen Rinpoche, Trijang Rinpoche, Pabongka Rinpoche & etc. In fact, they should promote them to preserve Tibetan Buddhism.