Author Topic: Shugden recognizes Lama Zopa  (Read 23940 times)

yontenjamyang

• Email
Re: Shugden recognizes Lama Zopa
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 04:07:53 AM »
Well, to have the Protector Dorje Shugden recognizing him and then to have the Dalai Lama also, recognizing him via the foreword is meaningful. If we put 2 and 2 together, then can we conclude that then the Dalai lama also recognize the Protector? Any other conclusion would be too confusing. The matter of fact is that a high Lama is recognize by Shugden and on that basis operates as a high Lama and acknowledge as a high Lama by the Dalai Lama. So, we can conclude that Dorje Shugden is an enlightened Protector.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 11:14:24 AM »
It is a very interesting fact and something to ponder upon.

1.   Lama Zopa is recognized, installed and enthroned by Dorje Shugden himself as a Tulku. If Lama Zopa does not believe in DS and think that he is an evil spirit, then why would he ever asked DS to check and recognized him. Even if he quietly consulted DS, he would not openly mention it in his own biography. I just wonder if he did it purposely to show that he is actually practicing DS secretly and waiting for the day that the ban is lifted and then he can pronounce to the world that Lama Zopa is actually a DS practitioner? ?
It is for sure that Lama Zopa is a DS lama. He has never said that he does not practice DS personally in a direct way, in fact I dont remember him hinting that, and very skillfully avoided answering that question many times, but visits the previous Trijang Rinpoche's stupa and kopan even attempted to order Dorje Shugden pujas from Phegyeling monastery secretly but it leaked out. Just that the rest of his students prefer to believe otherwise.

2.   HH Dalai Lama gave a foreword to this biography of Lama Zopa. If he does not support DS, how would he give a foreword to a book that contradict to what he has been saying? I just believe HHDL is doing it in order to leave some traces to the future generation that he is actually respect and practicing DS. His ban to DS is for a big picture, i.e. purposely promote DS to those that do not like HHDL especially to the billions in China.
HHDL for some reason is not allowed to show his devotion to DS directly and he shows his devotion and his approval discreetly. In many materials including some of his DS articles, he does show that he approves of Dorje Shugden in some way, and always beg people to check his statements on Dorje Shugden, as if he is trying very hard to have people take a hint.

Therefore, the FPMT students and followers should see the truth behind all the bans. They should not just follow the ban blindly and create dis-harmony and discrimination to the DS practitioners.
HHDL, Lama Zopa and DS practitioners are one big Buddhist family! May the ban be lifted soonest and all can practice DS and live in harmony.
The students could have focused more on practicing the Dharma and not talk about Dorje Shugden at all in their centers. The fact that they did not does show us something, does it not? I mean, once you study the Lamrim, there's no time to think about Dorje Shugden and the sorts. It could have been more beneficial for them to focus on study than to focus on getting rid of people who practice Dorje Shugden  from the country.

Very interesting observations there, lotus1. People should really look beyond what is on the surface and think deeper before creating more unfortunate circumstances for themselves. In 4 years, FPMT centers around the world would have a huge crisis when the ban is lifted, and they should really change before that happens or they lose credibility.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 03:23:44 AM »
if we look at the loooooooooooooong list of pujas done, I think it substantiates who Lama Zopa is and how tremendous he has been effective in preserving the living lineage of Buddhism in the world.

Without doubt FPMT has grown in leaps and bounds under the patronage and direction of Lama Zopa Rinpoche. If we look into one of the causes of FPMT is to sustain and promote the Gaden tradition, there must be something or rather “someone else" behind the picture helping FPMT to grow in such heaps.

The minds of people in today's materialistic world is too hard to be tamed by Buddhas of the past. If Dorje Shugden recognizes this incarnation of the Lama from Lawudo, wouldn't Dorje Shugden be also inclined to assist this incarnation to pursue his efforts in continuing Lama Zopa's works as well?

Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 03:21:08 PM »
if we look at the loooooooooooooong list of pujas done, I think it substantiates who Lama Zopa is and how tremendous he has been effective in preserving the living lineage of Buddhism in the world.
Lama Zopa is still pretty much quiet at the front these days, isnt it? The pujas arent really helping, right? Perhaps they were enough to keep him alive for now, but I dont think so no amount of pujas done can heal and repair broken samaya and its negative effects. It does not seem logical that it works that way. It would be different if the students actually modify their behavior and attitudes and focus more on the teachings rather than on the political side.

Without doubt FPMT has grown in leaps and bounds under the patronage and direction of Lama Zopa Rinpoche. If we look into one of the causes of FPMT is to sustain and promote the Gaden tradition, there must be something or rather “someone else" behind the picture helping FPMT to grow in such heaps.
FPMT grew like mushrooms after the rain during Lama Yeshe's time, and it continued to grew during Lama Zopa's time, but everything came to an abrupt halt when Lama Zopa skillfully told his students to avoid Dorje Shugden out of respect for the Dalai Lama, many of them went overboard and FPMT stagnated almost immediately, yet nobody got the hint and continued to have their crusader complex.

The minds of people in today's materialistic world is too hard to be tamed by Buddhas of the past. If Dorje Shugden recognizes this incarnation of the Lama from Lawudo, wouldn't Dorje Shugden be also inclined to assist this incarnation to pursue his efforts in continuing Lama Zopa's works as well?
Which reminds me another point: If Dorje Shugden is sectarian, why would he recognize a Nyingma lama? It does not make sense at all. If he is sectarian, I dont think he would recognize a Nyingma Lama at all and he would only focus on Gelug tulkus. So what is it with this strange accusation that he is sectarian? 

In any case, no matter how we want to see it from any side, Lama Zopa is a great Lama who is more than amazing in every way and a fully enlightened being, but his activities are marred and hampered by political students who could not care less about the Dharma, much less their Lama. On the plus side, FPMT is the spiritual home to many people around the world, and it is better than having no Dharma center at all.

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 05:12:51 PM »
Lama Zopa does not need Shugden, but Shugden needs Lama Zopa.

With eminent and famous lamas like Lama Zopa 'endorsing' Shugden, it would give Shugden the limelight he so craves or is it his followers crave. But of course they will not endorse Shugden so Shugden people would have to make up a story such as Lama Zopa was ill and needed Shugden pujas.

So of course a unfounded story like this will work itself to the surface from murky waters. I don't think I can believe this story.  :(

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 05:46:23 PM »

With eminent and famous lamas like Lama Zopa 'endorsing' Shugden, it would give Shugden the limelight he so craves or is it his followers crave. But of course they will not endorse Shugden so Shugden people would have to make up a story such as Lama Zopa was ill and needed Shugden pujas.

So of course a unfounded story like this will work itself to the surface from murky waters. I don't think I can believe this story.  :(

I think HHDL and CTA and their following are doing very well in giving Dorje Shugden the limelight for the past few decades. But Lama Zopa does it differently to help students and followers of FPMT to thinking for themselves and not be part of a bandwagon who follows the party which is 'mainstream'.

The Lama's job is to teach the students what to adopt and to abandon. FPMT has grown and so have their followers, it would sound very ridiculous for a parent to direct their child on what to do directly instead of giving them information and proper reasoning to do things. Lama Zopa has been taking a middle view of things recently, encouraging students both old and new to think on this subject.

An unfounded story? I do not think monks and members of the Sangha would dare make such false claims on a Lama's life and well being. A Lama is too precious to be of a joke, it's in our refuge vows not to take this lightly....
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 05:03:41 PM »
This did really put a smile to my face because it is clear that Shugden does not need Lama Zopa. Proof? He has a huge statue in China and he is worshipped by so many people around the world despite the ban. And...after Lama Zopa declared that Dorje Shugden was a no-no in FPMT centers, no news of new FPMT centers opening was heard of again and their centers worldwide were quiet. Lama Zopa's Maitreya project has also been silent since.

Lol, Dorje Shugden's followers do not need attention as they usually focus on their own Dharma practice as opposed to policing others about their choice of Dharma protectors, which is why in more ways than one they are more advanced than the anti Shugden people. It does not really matter if Lama Zopa endorses Dorje Shugden or not,  but what matters is personal growth.

Its okay because many other people will :)

This comment reminds me that there will always be naysayers that will say all kinds of things against Dorje Shugden, but at the end of the day it is results that matter and Dorje Shugden has the results that is concrete: look at how NKT has grown so far and look at FPMT in comparison. I dont think I need to elaborate more on this :)

DharmaSpace

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2012, 04:40:57 AM »
For many of us who have practised Dorje Shugden, we all know how the practice can help us to practice much more and to have the wish to bring more benefit to others as well. So I know Lama Zopa knows the benefits of the practice. When Lama Zopa was so ill he went back to make prayers in front of Trijang Dorje Chang's stupa, I mean the illness I attribute it to a broken samaya problem, hence the prayers in front of Trijang Rinpoche's stupa. What other reason can it be?

I can only hope that Lama Zopa knowing the ban will throw many people off the protector practice some of these many lay people would need another place to be hence FPMT serves as the place to study and learn until the ban blows over?

DharmaSpace

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 04:47:36 AM »
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-11-21/india/35256958_1_maitreya-statue-maitreya-project-buddha

Maitreya project: UP's loss is advantage Bihar

LUCKNOW: Its official, the Maitreya project has pulled out of Uttar Pradesh. The Buddha will not be smiling on Bihar's Bodhgaya. However, the plans for Bihar are not as ambitious as they were for UP. In an official announcement, Lama Zopa Rinpoche spiritual director of the Maitreya project, said: "The Maitreya statue will now be built in Bodhgaya, but due to restrictions there, the statue won't be as tall as originally planned (500 feet); now it is going to be 150 feet in height."

According of available literature, seven different places in India are of religious significance to Buddhists. Uttar Pradesh is home to four such places. Sanjashya (Bareilly) where the Buddha descended from the Tushita heaven is the first while Sarnath near Varanasi, site of the deer park where Buddha began teaching the Buddhist spiritual path is the second one. The eastern district of Shravasti is the place where Buddha spent 25 rainy seasons and performed many miracles is the third spot. Kushinagar, where Buddha gave his last sermon and attained salvation is the fourth destination.
Ads by Google

Microsoft Windows 8We Can Help You Find the Perfect Windows 8 PC. Discover Yours Now! Windows.Microsoft.com/Windows8
    Knowledge is PowerScientology is the Study of Knowledge. Know Yourself. Know Life Scientology.org

The three other destinations are in the neighboring state of Bihar, including: Bodhgaya (the site of Buddhist enlightment), Rajgir (where the heart sutra was expounded at Vulture's Peak) and Nalanda (the centre of Buddhist learning). "Maitreya is the Buddha of the future who, will teach the path of loving kindness and the place where he attained enlightment is good for spreading the message of Maitreya," said a local buddhist resident.

The maitreya project team was disheartened by the way subsequent governments in Uttar Pradesh and officials lingered on with their dream. "For the past nine years we have worked hard with Uttar Pradesh state government to locate the project in Kushinagar but because of very difficult issues regarding land acquisition, with the approval of His Holiness the Dalai Lama we have now decided to build the Maitreya statue in Bodhgaya," he said.

Rinpoche confirmed that Peter Kedge, cheif executive officer of the project, has been removed and Nita Ing has replaced him. "Peter also worked for many years in India, bearing many hardships and experiencing problems and difficulties there. The key difficulty, however, has been acquiring sufficient land together in one parcel. There have also been other significant setbacks, such as major donors being unable to fulfill their commitments through difficult economic conditions and untimely death," said the official website of the project.

He hope that the project would take off in Bihar for the larger interest of the people.
Ads by Google

FPMT has so much resources at their disposal yet they face such a torrid time in getting their project off the ground what kind of karma can create such obstacles? The broken samaya between Lama Zopa, FPMT with Dorje Shugden and Lama Yeshe, Zong Dorje Chang is creating huge obstacles for the growth of FPMT to the next level. It is illogical so many members and centers and sponsors and they can't get the project going?

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 08:36:06 AM »
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-11-21/india/35256958_1_maitreya-statue-maitreya-project-buddha

Maitreya project: UP's loss is advantage Bihar

LUCKNOW: Its official, the Maitreya project has pulled out of Uttar Pradesh. The Buddha will not be smiling on Bihar's Bodhgaya. However, the plans for Bihar are not as ambitious as they were for UP. In an official announcement, Lama Zopa Rinpoche spiritual director of the Maitreya project, said: "The Maitreya statue will now be built in Bodhgaya, but due to restrictions there, the statue won't be as tall as originally planned (500 feet); now it is going to be 150 feet in height."

According of available literature, seven different places in India are of religious significance to Buddhists. Uttar Pradesh is home to four such places. Sanjashya (Bareilly) where the Buddha descended from the Tushita heaven is the first while Sarnath near Varanasi, site of the deer park where Buddha began teaching the Buddhist spiritual path is the second one. The eastern district of Shravasti is the place where Buddha spent 25 rainy seasons and performed many miracles is the third spot. Kushinagar, where Buddha gave his last sermon and attained salvation is the fourth destination.
Ads by Google

Microsoft Windows 8We Can Help You Find the Perfect Windows 8 PC. Discover Yours Now! Windows.Microsoft.com/Windows8
    Knowledge is PowerScientology is the Study of Knowledge. Know Yourself. Know Life Scientology.org

The three other destinations are in the neighboring state of Bihar, including: Bodhgaya (the site of Buddhist enlightment), Rajgir (where the heart sutra was expounded at Vulture's Peak) and Nalanda (the centre of Buddhist learning). "Maitreya is the Buddha of the future who, will teach the path of loving kindness and the place where he attained enlightment is good for spreading the message of Maitreya," said a local buddhist resident.

The maitreya project team was disheartened by the way subsequent governments in Uttar Pradesh and officials lingered on with their dream. "For the past nine years we have worked hard with Uttar Pradesh state government to locate the project in Kushinagar but because of very difficult issues regarding land acquisition, with the approval of His Holiness the Dalai Lama we have now decided to build the Maitreya statue in Bodhgaya," he said.

Rinpoche confirmed that Peter Kedge, cheif executive officer of the project, has been removed and Nita Ing has replaced him. "Peter also worked for many years in India, bearing many hardships and experiencing problems and difficulties there. The key difficulty, however, has been acquiring sufficient land together in one parcel. There have also been other significant setbacks, such as major donors being unable to fulfill their commitments through difficult economic conditions and untimely death," said the official website of the project.

He hope that the project would take off in Bihar for the larger interest of the people.
Ads by Google

FPMT has so much resources at their disposal yet they face such a torrid time in getting their project off the ground what kind of karma can create such obstacles? The broken samaya between Lama Zopa, FPMT with Dorje Shugden and Lama Yeshe, Zong Dorje Chang is creating huge obstacles for the growth of FPMT to the next level. It is illogical so many members and centers and sponsors and they can't get the project going?

Oh my. This is sad indeed. What happened to the project? It's been at least 10-20 years since the Maitreya project was first introduced. Aside from raising funds worldwide with an exhibition of Buddhist relics tour, and I also had a chance to visit it when it was in my country but for some reason I never really got to see the Maitreya statue. their website is also not updated since 2009. It would be quite sad because the number of people that this project can benefit is immense. But at least this is a sign that this project is well and alive. I believe that FPMT centers around the world should focus on raising funds for the Maitreya project rather than engage in silly games of politcking and being the 'correct' Dharma center for everyone to go to.

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2013, 10:07:51 PM »
FPMT is the correct dharma centre for everyone to visit. They teach the pure lineage of Tsongkapa and have the blessings of HHDL.

;D

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2013, 03:59:07 AM »
FPMT is the correct dharma centre for everyone to visit. They teach the pure lineage of Tsongkapa and have the blessings of HHDL.

;D

Yeah but why has the Maitriya project been delayed for more than 20 years now? Why is it that FPMT centers have little or no news about their activities and their websites barely updated? Why are there no news of new FPMT centers around the world opening now? Ever since Lama Yeshe's passing, FPMT's activities have slowed down tremendously. I wonder why? If they teach the pure lineage of Tsongkhapa but does not make a connection to the pure lineage Gurus such as Trijang Rinpoche or Pabongkha Rinpoche, is the lineage that they teach is still pure, or is it merely a Dharma studies class that gives dry Dharma knowledge with no blessings?

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2013, 11:51:15 AM »
Aside from what Ensapa pointed out about the Maitreya project etc, I think the singularly biggest telling sign that something is wrong is that Lama Yeshe's incarnation, Lama Osel, has not stepped up into Lama Yeshe's shoes to be the successor of the organisation he founded - FPMT.

That Lama Osel is Lama Yeshe's incarnation is indisputable. Lama Osel's interest in Dharma and his closeness to Lama Zopa throughout the years is proof that he is who he is. However, i believe that as long as there is the ban on Dorje Shugden at FPMT, Lama Osel will not step in officially. This is regardless of whether Lama Zopa is secretly practising, because if the rule of the organisation is anti-Dorje Shugden, which is against the heart practice of its founder, Lama Yeshe, then the karma of the organisation will remain thus so.

Lama Zopa is not getting any younger and i hope that FPMT will quickly act to address this issue. The first step would be to remove the ridiculous requirement that Dorje Shugden practitioners are not allowed to join FPMT activities. The organisation need not immediately start the practice out of respect to HH the Dalai Lama, as Lama Zopa has stated, but the very least FPMT can do is that they quietly remove restrictions on Dorje Shugden practitioners, don't you think?
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2013, 03:50:37 AM »
Aside from what Ensapa pointed out about the Maitreya project etc, I think the singularly biggest telling sign that something is wrong is that Lama Yeshe's incarnation, Lama Osel, has not stepped up into Lama Yeshe's shoes to be the successor of the organisation he founded - FPMT.

That Lama Osel is Lama Yeshe's incarnation is indisputable. Lama Osel's interest in Dharma and his closeness to Lama Zopa throughout the years is proof that he is who he is. However, i believe that as long as there is the ban on Dorje Shugden at FPMT, Lama Osel will not step in officially. This is regardless of whether Lama Zopa is secretly practising, because if the rule of the organisation is anti-Dorje Shugden, which is against the heart practice of its founder, Lama Yeshe, then the karma of the organisation will remain thus so.

Lama Zopa is not getting any younger and i hope that FPMT will quickly act to address this issue. The first step would be to remove the ridiculous requirement that Dorje Shugden practitioners are not allowed to join FPMT activities. The organisation need not immediately start the practice out of respect to HH the Dalai Lama, as Lama Zopa has stated, but the very least FPMT can do is that they quietly remove restrictions on Dorje Shugden practitioners, don't you think?

To me the main reason why Lama Osel distanced himself from FPMT or not manifest as a Lama to teach them is because the members of FPMT has been upholding the ban with the wrong methods and intentions. Lama Zopa has made it very clear for all to see why he has to uphold the ban and the way he said it was very gentle and kind that is a request for Dorje Shugden practitioners to not participate in his centers' activities out of respect for the Dalai Lama's wishes. The members of FPMT however, saw this as an opportunity to make Dorje Shugden look like satan and got involve in lots of political games and have been hurting people who dont know anything about Dorje Shugden who step into FPMT. Why cant they just post what Lama Zopa had said verbatim instead of hurting others? Since when a Dharma center's duty is to hurt others?

DharmaSpace

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 04:29:31 AM »
Reading the article again I feel the writer is making a plea to the people in FPMT. Remember your roots. Remember where you came from, how it all started through Lama Yeshe through huge Dorje Shugden pujas in Kopan. 

In Vajrayana we all rely on the kindness of our teachers and the teachers who came before then and so forth.
Can teachers make mistakes, yes that is possible. But our duty is not to point out guru or practices are right or wrong our duty is to practice the dharma. And if the practice benefit, why not continue make a stand practice as to what we think is correct and beneficial.

But when there is overwhelming evidence that suggests otherwise from Dorje Shugden saving the Dalai Lama's life, till the HHDL allowing Trijang Rinpoche to practice Dorje Shugden still making this exception, so many things do not add up. Banning or witch hunting Dorje Shugden practitioners does not seem to be the right away at all.

I like to relate it science if a discovery is made earlier and from there a hypothesis is done based on incorrect information or knowledge, all subsequent findings based on the original findings are flawed. If Lama Zopa did get degenerated teachings from Lama Yeshe then Lama Zopa has to get all teachings and initiation from a Gelug lama pure and untainted that never practiced Dorje Sohugden before. A contaminated pot is poisonous no matter what good food and delicious food we put inside.

There are none I think within the Gelug tradition who have not received nectar like teachings from the likes of   
Pabongka Dorje Chang, Trijang Dorje Chang, Zong Dorje Chang et etc all of who have relied on Dorje Shugden for the longest time.

Then only the unthinkable is left on the table.