Author Topic: Lama Jampa Ngodup Rinpoche  (Read 4406 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Lama Jampa Ngodup Rinpoche
« on: January 02, 2011, 11:54:11 AM »
Does anyone know who this Rinpoche is? I was watching a youtube video (
Small | Large
) entitled "Lama Jampa Ngodup Rinpoche's Teaching, Markham, Tibet, VOL l", posted just yesterday.

This Rinpoche said that people are disrespecting pictures of and dharma texts by the esteemed lamas such as Pabongkha Rinpoche, Trijang Dorje Chang, Ling Rinpoche, Dagom Rinpoche and others. Such deadly sins are against refuge vows. He says that if we take refuge in the Dharma, we must respect every letter of it and this applies across all Tibetan Buddhism. Any lamas of Dharmapala practitioners never given such provocative statements to influence disciples to burn pictures of non-practitioners, lamas and deities or to throw them into garbage and disrespect them.

He says that nowadays these transgressions apparently exist and some people burn and disrespect Drepung Lamrim Rinpoche's composed texts in a very bad manner. Who are they? They are those who blindly follow whatever an evil-driven, self-centred man has told, they certainly are culprits.. the spiritual texts related to Dorje Shugden the compositions of Kyabje Pabongkapa Rinpoche, Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang etc have been burned, thrown away in garbage.. now think! Aren't these activities against Buddha Shakyamuni and his teachings. Aren't these activities contradictory to the code of refuge vows, yet they (transgressors) criticise that we don't have refuge vows when in reality, they don't have it. Whether one has it or not, it has to be referred and accorded to the Buddha Shakyamuni and his precious teachings. One cannot determine if you have it or not or whether someone else has it or not.. it's not like that...

The above is just some of the subtitles I typed out (wish i could copy and paste from the video!)  just to give a brief idea of the content of the video which is in Tibetan. Do take a look...

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being