Author Topic: NKT REGULATIONS?  (Read 19644 times)

Lineageholder

Re: NKT REGULATIONS?
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2010, 01:08:22 PM »
To me, it's sad that the Western Shugden Society has to exist at all to work for religious freedom.

It's a spiritual solution to a political problem.  As AC says, if the Dalai Lama rescinded the ban today, WSS would cease to exist.  It's a dependent arising.

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2010, 07:20:30 PM »
i think - and i, truly, can't claim to speak for NKT or WSS so this is just my understanding - that the demos were a response, a countermeasure to oppose the renewed pressure that the TGIE applied in 2007/8 through the ID cards, signature campaigns, and so on.  they had good results, certainly; but they were a very wrathful action and, clearly, upset a great many people.  i think it was felt that the point had been made but to continue to demonstrate might not, at the time, serve any further beneficial purpose. 

now, it seems, is the time for a more peaceful approach, to encourage more people to find out about the ban - by reading A Great Deception, for example.  even this is strong medicine!  but a powerful sickness requires strong measures.  i think we can expect the approach to be somewhat more measured now, though.

karma changes and no one but the Enlightened beings can say what will be appropriate in the future, however.  i think the WSS response will always be defensive, in reaction to the Dalai Lama's actions, however, rather than offensive.  he stops the ban, the WSS disappears!  he attacks, the WSS defends.

If people can believe that NKT or perhaps WSS was employing wrathful action to ensure that Shugden's holy lineage and practice can continue, why can they accept that His Holiness is employing wrathful action too to propagate the lineage and practice of Shugden in another way.

I wonder why?

Atishas cook

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2010, 07:43:14 PM »
If people can believe that NKT or perhaps WSS was employing wrathful action to ensure that Shugden's holy lineage and practice can continue, why can they (not) accept that His Holiness is employing wrathful action too to propagate the lineage and practice of Shugden in another way.

because the Dalai Lama's actions are - directly - destroying the lineage, whereas the WSS' actions are defending it.

Lineageholder

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2010, 12:01:04 AM »
I'm frankly amazed that people cannot see that the Dalai Lama's actions are destroying the Gelugpa tradition through rejecting the practice of Dorje Shugden.

How are his actions beneficial, other than the fact that people get blessings whenever he says 'Shugden'?  This is due to the power of Dorje Shugden and not the Dalai Lama.

It's like if I want to destroy the practise of Buddhism, I keep telling people 'don't practice that Buddhism, it's spirit worship'.  Every time I say 'Buddha' or 'Buddhism', through the power of the purity of those objects, people receive benefit even though my intention is to destroy the practice. 

The fact that people receive benefit from hearing the name 'Shugden' is not a good enough reason for me to believe that the Dalai Lama's actions are beneficial or well intentioned, especially when we can see that the reputation of Shugden practising groups is being harmed, not enhanced, through his defamation.

thaimonk

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2010, 05:54:56 AM »
I am very amazed why some people are just obsessed with the Dalai Lama? Counter what the Dalai Lama is saying by writing, educating and empowering:

Dorje Shugden's lineage
Lineage Lamas
Teachings of Je Tsongkapa
32 entourage of Dorje Shugden
benefits
centres around the world
etc etc

Why add more power to Dalai Lama by speaking of him again and again. You can read regarding the Dalai Lama everywhere and the ban. So when they come here, let them find more information that will make the ban logically and clearly undemocratic, tyrannical, oppressive, illogical (which it is) and how so many have been brow beaten into denying their lifelong practice. Let readers who come here see WHY THE BAN IS WRONG. Focus on the person making the ban is outdated. Focus on how silly the ban is should be the focus. Let our practice outlive the ban and the person who started the ban.

Just talking about the Dalai Lama over and over again is boring, old, and not helpful. Writing about all his supposed bad qualities make people who come here take a step back and make you seem like a disgruntled old rebel not taken seriously and dying for attention.

Focus on the supremes qualities, benefits, lineage, practice of Dorje Shugden so the bans is seen for what it truly is: INCORRECT.