Author Topic: Gameng Kuten  (Read 13693 times)

Mana

Gameng Kuten
« on: April 05, 2011, 01:05:30 PM »
The Tibetan accomplished lamas has held the lineage and profound methods to bless a ordinary person so they can take full trance of a dharma protector. This practice has been alive and well for over 1,000 years. His Holiness Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche was foremost in blessing people and they would become fully fledged oracles taking trances of Shugden, Kache Marpo, Namka Barzin, Choder, and other beings. Their pronouncements are very accurate and highly sought after. The current incumbent and recognized oracle of Gaden is Gameng Dulzin Kuten. Kuten-la is now 46years old and is a student of the previous Kyabje Zong Rinpoche. He resides in his own centre in the USA.
(picture is of Gameng Dulzin Kuten together with the Ven Abbot of Shar Gaden taking trance of Dorje Shugden in peaceful form in front of the assembly of sangha)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 01:44:19 PM by Mana »

triesa

Re: Gameng Kuten
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 04:02:09 PM »
Thank you Mana for sharing. I did not know that there is an oracle in the USA who can take trance for Dorje Shugden,
Kache Marpo, Namka Barzin, etc.

I know there is another oracle in Taiwan who can take trance for Dorje Shugden, and there is one in Tibet too.

Does anyone know of any other DS oracles?

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 04:47:54 PM »
You can see Gameng Kuten in this video taking trance of King Dorje Shugden at Shar Gaden Monastery Grand Opening.

Small | Large

DharmaDefender

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 05:10:43 PM »
The Tibetan accomplished lamas has held the lineage and profound methods to bless a ordinary person so they can take full trance of a dharma protector. This practice has been alive and well for over 1,000 years. His Holiness Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche was foremost in blessing people and they would become fully fledged oracles taking trances of Shugden, Kache Marpo, Namka Barzin, Choder, and other beings. Their pronouncements are very accurate and highly sought after. The current incumbent and recognized oracle of Gaden is Gameng Dulzin Kuten. Kuten-la is now 46years old and is a student of the previous Kyabje Zong Rinpoche. He resides in his own centre in the USA.
(picture is of Gameng Dulzin Kuten together with the Ven Abbot of Shar Gaden taking trance of Dorje Shugden in peaceful form in front of the assembly of sangha)

Kache Marpo, my favourite! I can't explain why but the verse invoking his blessings in the black tea is my favourite.

46 years old is relatively young. May Kuten-la lead a long life of good health, free of obstacles so that he may continue to take trance and benefit others.

thaimonk

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 10:53:05 PM »
Thank you Mana for sharing. I did not know that there is an oracle in the USA who can take trance for Dorje Shugden,
Kache Marpo, Namka Barzin, etc.

I know there is another oracle in Taiwan who can take trance for Dorje Shugden, and there is one in Tibet too.

Does anyone know of any other DS oracles?

There's actually three recognized living oracles of Shugden in Tibet currently. One older one in Sera, Lhasa. Another two younger ones living in Lhasa also.

DSFriend

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 10:22:57 AM »
I'm curious to know, is there a reason why there are so few oracles?

The way I see it, the fact that Trijang Rinpoche gives blessings for oracles to arise, there must be great benefits for us. As Mana puts it, "the pronouncement are highly sought after". 

I hope in the near future, more oracles will arise. 

Helena

• Email
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 05:01:09 PM »
Wow...I did not know that there are still Shugden Oracles in Tibet. This is really encouraging news.

I would imagine that there isn't more before it is not easy. The training itself probably takes on more than going for a Geshe Lharampa. And I am not talking about the pain, the retreats and etc. It is not an easy job for an Oracle. There is nothing glamorous about it at all - as when compared to being a Dharma Teacher or Guru.

In addition to the strenuous training, Dorje Shugden is now banned. So, I would think it is even harder for one to be trained and to openly become one.

May all the Shugden Oracles have long lives and may this tradition continue for as long as time.

Helena

DharmaDefender

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 07:11:23 PM »
I'm curious to know, is there a reason why there are so few oracles?

The way I see it, the fact that Trijang Rinpoche gives blessings for oracles to arise, there must be great benefits for us. As Mana puts it, "the pronouncement are highly sought after". 

I hope in the near future, more oracles will arise. 

As I understand it, the training is strenous. tk has previously detailed the process in this brilliant post here - http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1063.0

In addition to what Helena said, I don't think everyone is suited to be an oracle in terms of karmic affinity. What I have also heard though, is that some lamas can 'create' oracles when they wish, and they are just waiting for when the time is right. Does anyone know if this is true?

Helena brings up the very valid point though, that because Dorje Shugden is banned, to complete the training without harrassment now might be quite difficult.

beggar

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 07:37:21 PM »
I have always liked this autobiographical account of Choyang Duldzin Kuten Lama which so humbly written but with so much gentleness and wisdom. His love and devotion to the Dharma comes through very clear.

There is also good insight in this account of how widely Dorje Shugden was propitiated and respected throughout Tibet, and how there was so much harmony between the lineages. Reading this, you wonder if all this talk of sectarianism is even possible.

Here's the link. I urge everyone to read this and share it with many, many people. It says so much about the qualities of a Dorje Shugden practitioner and of course of the king himself.

http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=1127

Helena

• Email
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 04:40:23 PM »
I have always liked this autobiographical account of Choyang Duldzin Kuten Lama which so humbly written but with so much gentleness and wisdom. His love and devotion to the Dharma comes through very clear.

There is also good insight in this account of how widely Dorje Shugden was propitiated and respected throughout Tibet, and how there was so much harmony between the lineages. Reading this, you wonder if all this talk of sectarianism is even possible.

Here's the link. I urge everyone to read this and share it with many, many people. It says so much about the qualities of a Dorje Shugden practitioner and of course of the king himself.

http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=1127

Beggar, I agree with you on the bio of Choyang Duldzin Kuten Lama. I love his life story and journey. It really chronicles the times of the great escape.

How quickly things change. DS was so widely propitiated and even respected highly. There was no trouble at all.

Did not cross anyone's mind how is it that the Tibetans-in-Exile can even have what they have now if no one practised DS?

Out of nothing, Tibetans-in-Exile have communities and its like their mini Tibet in India. At that time, every single household probably did the monthly pujas like clockwork.

One day, you are hailed as the King of Dharmapalas. The next, you are dismantled and thrown into a ditch. No different like how they dismantled everything in TDG's ladrang and threw everything into the river!
Helena

thaimonk

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 04:48:41 PM »
If the Tibetan Govt apologized and made offerings to Dorje Shugden, so many situations would change for the positive.

They should correct the wrong they have committed 350 years ago against Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen. It would take a truly Buddhist Govt to be able to do that.

beggar

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 05:20:16 PM »
If the Tibetan Govt apologized and made offerings to Dorje Shugden, so many situations would change for the positive.

They should correct the wrong they have committed 350 years ago against Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen. It would take a truly Buddhist Govt to be able to do that.

Pardon me, but it's the same kind of village, backward, proud thinking that has led them to lose their country and not be able to get it back. It is interesting that the Lamas - who are truly Buddhist as you have said here thaimonk - have flourished and met success wherever they go and whatever they are doing. I think this is largely because they worked with their situation, instead of against it, forgave and continued to be giving and kind. Sadly, the same can't be said for the Tibetan government.

WoselTenzin

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 01:07:51 PM »

How I so wish this would happen.  This would help repair the unfavourable situation in the pro and anti Dorje Shugden world so much and bring back peace in these communities again. If apologizing and making offerings to Dorje Shugden can improve the situation for TGIE, it is so easy accomplish if only TGIE can realize how their negative actions against Dorje Shugden is not only detrimental to Dorje Shugden practitioners but worse to themselves.  They are now at the brink of extinction.  If they are smart and if they are truly Buddhist, they would know that they need to repent for their past mistakes against Dorje Shugden.  However, this may be too much to expect from TGIE unfortunately.   

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 06:20:30 PM »
Schism in the Sangha needs to be healed - that is for sure. When and how is just a matter of time. On the positive side:

• Dorje Shugden is thriving in Tibet - as seen in the thread about the 5000 receiving DS initiation in Chamdo.
  • An organisation like the NKT is growing.
  • There is increasing interest in Dorje Shugden as can be seen in the many hits on this website!
  • The Dalai Lama has stepped down from secular power and now a newly elected western educated prime minister without a Rinpoche title is the new head of the TGIE.
I think these are signs which indicate that more changes are coming... an apology from TGIE may be too much to wish for but a prayer that this ban will be lifted soon is something that may result in changes manifesting sooner than we imagine.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

DSFriend

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 05:22:45 PM »
I look forward to the monasteries, communities healing from schism.

Do you think the monasteries such Shar Gaden will join back to Gaden when the bad is lifted?