Author Topic: Arvind Singh, Advocate Supreme Court of India  (Read 13721 times)

thaimonk

Arvind Singh, Advocate Supreme Court of India
« on: February 09, 2011, 02:20:41 AM »

Well I got into the present news lettter after about 10 years today on the web. I still recall the incident of arson incited and entered into by the people opposed to the worship of Lord Dorje Shugden. I and my colleague Mr Thakur had a narrow escape from the hnds of the rioters. The incident only reflects how the ruling government had failed to live up to the Constitution of India. Though I am not much aware of the present situation but I feel that the situation is no better as I have not gone through any news wherein the Dalai Lama has either expressed regret or has himself taken up the issue of Lord Dorje Shugden in a positive manner. I still convey my moral and professsional support not only for the cause of the Tibetan Society worshiping Lord Dorjee Shugden but also for the reason that the issue manifests a blatant vilation of Human rights as welll as the established tenets of the Constitution Of India.

Arvind Singh, Advocate Supreme Court of India.

from: http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=2243&preview=true&preview_id=2243&preview_nonce=0087efde88

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: Arvind Singh, Advocate Supreme Court of India
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 04:11:47 PM »
Cool.. thanks for sharing this post, Thai Monk. It's good to see an Indian national of high standing - an advocate of the Supreme Court of India no less - supporting the cause of Dorje Shugden on the basis of the law and human rights, despite the fact that Amnesty International had declared the issue out of their purview.

Would anyone know when the above statement was made? Mr Arvind Singh was mentioned in the riots in 2000 (http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=2243) but I haven't come across another reference to him since.

Thanks!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

beggar

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 04:43:07 PM »
This caught my eye:

The incident only reflects how the ruling government had failed to live up to the Constitution of India.

interesting, isn't it that how the TGIE  / Dalai Lama seem to be acting is in direct contradiction to the Indian government, like there is no regard for their host country when they are merely refugees in this place.

Why would someone make such a deliberately politically-suicidal move? And put their ow political career and precarious "exile" status in an even more dangerous position? Unless it was for something bigger and more beneficial in the long run? I choose to see it this way.

Big Uncle

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 07:00:20 PM »

Well I got into the present news lettter after about 10 years today on the web. I still recall the incident of arson incited and entered into by the people opposed to the worship of Lord Dorje Shugden. I and my colleague Mr Thakur had a narrow escape from the hnds of the rioters. The incident only reflects how the ruling government had failed to live up to the Constitution of India. Though I am not much aware of the present situation but I feel that the situation is no better as I have not gone through any news wherein the Dalai Lama has either expressed regret or has himself taken up the issue of Lord Dorje Shugden in a positive manner. I still convey my moral and professsional support not only for the cause of the Tibetan Society worshiping Lord Dorjee Shugden but also for the reason that the issue manifests a blatant vilation of Human rights as welll as the established tenets of the Constitution Of India.

Arvind Singh, Advocate Supreme Court of India.

from: http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=2243&preview=true&preview_id=2243&preview_nonce=0087efde88

This is very good news to know that there is a voice within India that supports Shugdenpas besides the practitioners themselves. I am very glad to know that people are becoming more and more aware that the ban is a blatant violation of basic human rights. I do hope that more and more such professionals will voice their support for the Shugdenpa's cause in India. Perhaps, there are much more kind and considerate people out there in the Indian government that would look into this matter seriously and help to fight for a change. Change can happen and it could start by just one person.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 07:33:34 AM »
This caught my eye:

The incident only reflects how the ruling government had failed to live up to the Constitution of India.

interesting, isn't it that how the TGIE  / Dalai Lama seem to be acting is in direct contradiction to the Indian government, like there is no regard for their host country when they are merely refugees in this place.

Why would someone make such a deliberately politically-suicidal move? And put their ow political career and precarious "exile" status in an even more dangerous position? Unless it was for something bigger and more beneficial in the long run? I choose to see it this way.

Good point Beggar... maybe that's why the Indian government is now openly 'challenging' TGIE with the Karmapa issue. To show that the TGIE has zero diplomatic power and that they are guests of the Indian government. Something everyone should think about.

WoselTenzin

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 06:11:01 AM »

It heartening to hear that Arvind Singh, Advocate Supreme Court of India, a person of a certain standing in India and a nuetral third party can see the TGIE's injustice towards Shugden's practitioners.  It is clear to him that the actions of the TGIE in support of the people opposing the Shugden practitioner to the extent that violence and even arson was incited did not make sense to him. He was certainly not too pleased with HHDL’s lack of regret pertaining to the arson.

Thank goodness there are still people in position who are ruled by logic.

DSFriend

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 07:04:53 PM »
And I'd like to add that Arvind Singh openly state who he is, speaks volume ...that he is not afraid of TGIE or what they may threaten to do to him for supporting Dorje Shugden's practitioners.

More and more people will stand up and speak out for Dorje Shugden as TGIE slowly looses control over the people.

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 09:32:43 PM »
And I'd like to add that Arvind Singh openly state who he is, speaks volume ...that he is not afraid of TGIE or what they may threaten to do to him for supporting Dorje Shugden's practitioners.

More and more people will stand up and speak out for Dorje Shugden as TGIE slowly looses control over the people.

He is an Indian national and a Indian. Why should he be afraid of the refugee Tibetans? He shouldn't be and he isn't therefore speaking up about the injustices. Tibetans are only guests in India and their future is uncertain. Tibetans should just keep quiet and do not make any more trouble in India or the future after the Dalai Lama will be unpleansant. After all, it would be easy to send 150,000 Tibetan refugees back to Tibet after the Dalai Lama. Why should India with her own problems have to deal with the troublesome and restless Tibetans. Bhutan expelled many Tibetans in the past. They found them too troublesome.

Nepal does not allow the Dalai Lama to ever visit Nepal. It would stir up too much trouble with Tibetan refugees living in Nepal. Nepal recognizes how troublesome the Tibetans are.

Exiled Tibetans in India should move ahead cautiously. The Tibetan govt has no power after the demise of the Dalai Lama.

TK

Helena

• Email
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 06:16:04 PM »
Agree with what you wrote, TK.

Unless Tibetans have been as resourceful and enterprising as the Jews, they will have nothing to go on with.

Helena

triesa

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 04:47:20 PM »
I also agree with what TK said here. Exiled Tibetans should behave and move forward cautiously. They should always remember that they are guests in India and should not create too much trouble. They should try to wrok on correcting the perception of people towards them. Try to add value to the people and to the land of the host.

I think TGIE will hold no power after the Dalai Lama passes away, why would they? Indian government is already openedly challenging the karmapa issue with TGIE, calling the Karmapa a Chinese spy. This is clearly showing that the TGIE is loosing its grip even as an exiled government. The fate of TGIE is uncertain.

DSFriend

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 05:14:59 PM »
India is very kind and symphathetic towards tibet. By hosting Tibetan refugees. India has automatically put themselves in opposing stance against China. It is just a matter of time that  China will before world power in the near future.

In this case, how long more will India tolerate the troubled Tibetan people?

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 10:28:46 PM »
I also agree with what TK said here. Exiled Tibetans should behave and move forward cautiously. They should always remember that they are guests in India and should not create too much trouble. They should try to wrok on correcting the perception of people towards them. Try to add value to the people and to the land of the host.

I think TGIE will hold no power after the Dalai Lama passes away, why would they? Indian government is already openedly challenging the karmapa issue with TGIE, calling the Karmapa a Chinese spy. This is clearly showing that the TGIE is loosing its grip even as an exiled government. The fate of TGIE is uncertain.

The Tibetans are guests in India, but they have their own government within India. Does the Indian government overrule the Tibetan Government in Exile?

Sounds contradictory - that Tibetans will use India's resources, armed force facilities etc but they don't follow the constitution of the country itself. Of course, they give dharma back which is of value incomparable to what India provides. However....

It's a bit like if my husband and I stayed in a room, in a house owned by a friend of mine for free. I then use the electricity, water and eat her food all for free. That my friend could be okay with, but I physically abuse my husband and don't give a 2 cents about what my friend thinks. I'm pretty sure that as the neighbours starts looking at her and her house in a bad light that she will feel pressured to say and do something.

I suspect it'll be same with India if they continue treated Shugdenpas in the manner that they have thus far.

Anti-Shugdenpas should comply with decent, basic humane behavior.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 02:34:42 PM »
Interesting to see the Dalai Lama continuing to make diplomatic amends with India.

In this article Dalai Lama: Ambedkar spread awareness on Buddhism in India, (http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article1472413.ece), he says that "Dr. Ambedkar, the creator of Indian Constitution, spread awareness about the religion in 1956. Today, we need to understand the real meaning of Buddha, Buddhism."

Let's hope the Tibetan Government in Exile do put their words into action and respect the Indian Constitution which states religious freedom for all.

Helena

• Email
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 03:42:22 PM »
Thank you for sharing the article, WB.

This sentence stood out to me, among others -

"He said that in the 21st century, there was great technological advancement but it cannot create peace, happiness and friendship."

It confirms that everything outside of us do not make us better people or help us to become better people. It is everything that comes from within.

“Buddha is not the name of a person. It is a name for knowledge, nirvana. It means that you get rid of the wrong ‘sanskar' and inculcate the right ‘sanskars' with the help of education,” he said.

The only way external things can help us is creating the conditions, bad or good, to allow us to practice what we have learnt or just allowing us to practice on daily basis.

Having said all that, I think it is only understandable that His Holiness needs to continue to make diplomatic amends with
India. All HIS people are residing on Indian lands, at India's generous hospitality.

Who is to say when this hospitality and generosity will expire?

TGIE and all the Tibetans In Exile should take heed of how His Holiness is acting to their real "host" and "landlord".
Helena

beggar

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 03:42:54 PM »
Ironic isn't it, that all this debate on religious freedom, Indian government's investigation on the Karmapa, all this discussion about Buddhism and Dharma is happening right in the heart of Buddha Shakyamuni's own land. I wonder what he would think of all of this! Surely he didn't teach the Dharma 2500 years ago for it to travel out to Tibet, go all over the world and then "return" to India full of politics!

just an observation, is all.