Author Topic: Namka Barzin and Dorje Shugden images made/drew by Domo Geshe Rinpoche  (Read 11298 times)

Mana

1) Namka Barzin statue made by the 1st Domo Geshe Rinpoche himself. It's now at Pedong, Dromo Ladrang, Gangtok North India. It is very blessed and holy. The very protector installed onto Dorje Shugden's entourage by Domo Geshe Rinpoche himself.

The 1st Domo Geshe Rinpoche

2) Dorje Shugden thangka (photo) drawn by the 2nd Domo Geshe Rinpoche himself (Centre is Dorje Shugden. Bottom left is Jowo Jingkar and right is Tashi Obar)

The 2nd Domo Geshe Rinpoche

« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 09:34:19 AM by Mana »

Big Uncle

Re: Namka Barzin and Dorje Shugden images made/drew by Domo Geshe Rinpoche
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 11:10:21 PM »
That's interesting. The statue above does not look like Namka Barzin at all. My apologies, but I am wondering if you had made a mistake. The iconography of the spear, the vajra noose and horse points towards Kharche Marpo instead. Whatever it is, it must be brimming with spiritual power.

triesa

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 02:39:21 PM »
That's interesting. The statue above does not look like Namka Barzin at all. My apologies, but I am wondering if you had made a mistake. The iconography of the spear, the vajra noose and horse points towards Kharche Marpo instead. Whatever it is, it must be brimming with spiritual power.

Yes, Big Uncle is right.

Namkar Barzin has one face, two hands, and three bulging eyes. He is red in color and bears a ferocious and proud expression. He wears the robes of an ordained monk and rides on a mythical animal, Gyaling which represents his Tantric attainments. His right hand brandishes a sword which cuts through our problems and obstacles while his left hand holds a skullcup representing his mastery of Tantra. In some thangkas, he also wears a Mongolian turban that is made of red silk.

Namka Barzin  is well known for having the power to protect buildings, institutions, monasteries, etc. He is especially powerful in protecting Dharma related institutions, not just from material loss due to theft, fires or natural disasters but also loss arising from schisms between members. He does this by promoting harmony between members of such institutions and ensuring everyone has good relationships with one another.

He is second in command in Dorje Shugden's mandala after Kache Marpo.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3fGt61J3_RL1ROAHFbrfTPjeAMygbY6HVRc6KMG8R2pG8bpXoUKhhoCP2

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 03:17:34 PM »
Kyabje Dromo Geshe Rinpoche is an enlightened being full of talents in displaying the different aspects of Buddhism!

As we can see from this post, Kyabje Rinpoche made these holy protective statues with his two bare hands and got them painted!

Not only that, during the time of the Cultural Revolution, when Rinpoche was released from his jail sentence, he went all over Tibet braving the red armies where ever he went to get all the sacred scriptures which were hidden and scour them all down to India for safekeeping and preserving the lineage!

Rinpoche worked tirelessly for the Buddha Dharma and He was famous for the Rilbus (sacred pills) which he makes annually. Even the highest of the high, HH Dalai Lama and HH Panchen Lamas would request Kyabje Rinpoche for some because not only were they so famous, they were very efficacious as well in curing the sick and needy.

Seeing these statues brings me joy and excitement that within our holy lineage, we have unsurpassed masters who still find means and ways to impart the holy Dharma to us.

As today marks the day of ordination for the current incarnation of HE Dromo Geshe Rinpoche, I pray, that this incarnation shows wondrous signs and miracles like His past incarnations to benefit.

E-ma-ho!
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

thaimonk

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 06:34:36 PM »

It is definitely a Namkar Barzin statue as the first images of him looked like this. Later Namkar Barzin's iconography changed to sword and riding on a Chiling animal.
I enclose a picture of picture of Namkar Barzin from an old thangka depicted on a horse with spear.

happysun

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 06:35:21 PM »
Namka Barzin and Domo Geshe Rinpoche are connected with each other very close in term of work even very personal. And it is very auspicious day and consider he big day. As today marks the day of ordination for the current incarnation of H. E Dromo Geshe Rinpoche, can you believe it!

Then at here we talked about an wrathful form of Namka Barzin. So personally I believe if you want be some part of good merit, normally my karma will be burned out but we need support from you, how?

Domo Geshe Rinpoche is had ordained in day time, now Domo Geshe Rinpoche is very young but I can feel many of us don't know what he want to be. Used dharma to conquer whole work, actually this environment and he will become a team leader.       

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 02:33:23 AM »
thank u thaimonk for sharing with us this piece of detail. From what I can see, below are the differences between the Namkar Barzin which Domo Geshe Rinpoche made and the present one which we see now:

1. rides a horse (instead of a qiling)
2. wears a brocade robe (instead of a monk's robe)
3. holds a club (instead of a sword)

I think one of the explanation that I can think of for this change is that Namkar Barzin has been of service to the great King and from that his powers have increased and takes on an 'upgraded' form.
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

Barzin

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 08:29:47 PM »
I like what Harrynephew wrote "an ugraded form", :) I read before that Domo Rinpoche subdued Namka Barzin, so I gathered that he decide his position as the 2nd in command after Karche Marpo.  Since the first statue was made by the first Domo Geshe Rinpoche, so he would know perfectly what the iconography is, afterall he was the one who subdued him.  Then how is it possible that it can be different overtime?  Eventhough it is upgraded after time, is it only Domo Geshe Rinpoche himself can make the changes?  or any other high lamas can do so?  And why do they "upgrade"?  this is rather confusing for me... ...

shugdenprotect

• Email
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 02:02:35 AM »
How beautiful! Talk about deep imprints of Dharma.

Thank you Harrynephew for sharing about Kyabje Domo Geshe Rinpoche. We are so blessed to have Rinpoche back with us again. For all His work to protect the Dharma by finding and safeguarding all the “lost” scriptures from the red army, he certainly protected the Dharma under the loving and powerful shelter of Dorje Shugden’s wisdom, compassion and skillfulness.

As happysun says, the current Domo Geshe Rinpoche is still young but, from His past life incarnations, there is no doubt that the current Domo Geshe will also have an important in spreading Dharma in the near future…especially the practice of our beloved Protector, Dorje Shugden.

blacksmith

• Email
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 05:49:12 PM »
Hi, Although they say that to ask for money and good financial life is special deities, as Dzambhala, I see that every statue of Dorje Shugden is no money, I guess offerings: therefore ask you to help me to live well: the question is : Namka Barzin is a deity who "works" as Dorje Shugden ... There is a ritual incocacion or if you just want to perform a ritual Namka Barzin +, and anyone know if there are any ritual or mantra for Dorje Legpa +, is very similar to Dorje Shugden . Thank you very much

ilikeshugden

• Email
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 10:46:19 AM »
Both of these images are so beautiful. I bet they are just overflowing with immense Spiritual Energy as they have been made by the previous lives of Kyabje Domo Geshe Rinpoche. Seeing people discussing about whether the first image is Namka Barzin or Kache Marpo, I think it is quite interesting because I notice there are different thoughts amongst different people. I think that it is Namka Barzin as I think that Namka Barzin may have changed his look over the generations or some people may depict him in one way or another. They are both the same. I wish for the current Domo Geshe Rinpoche to spread the practice of Dorje Shugden far and wide.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 06:56:28 AM »
I cant help but to notice this pic:

2) Dorje Shugden thangka (photo) drawn by the 2nd Domo Geshe Rinpoche himself (Centre is Dorje Shugden. Bottom left is Jowo Jingkar and right is Tashi Obar)

Jowo Jingkar and Tashi Obar? Jowo Jingkar looks a lot like Ratna Shugden/Gyenze to me and Tashi Obar looks a lot like Setrap. Can someone kind of confirm this, or are the 2 names another term for both deities?

Big Uncle

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 09:32:19 AM »
I cant help but to notice this pic:

Jowo Jingkar and Tashi Obar? Jowo Jingkar looks a lot like Ratna Shugden/Gyenze to me and Tashi Obar looks a lot like Setrap. Can someone kind of confirm this, or are the 2 names another term for both deities?

Dear Ensapa,

Jowo Jingkar and Tashi Obar are definitely not Gyenze and Setrap respectively. They are beneficial friendly protectors who have been assisting and helping practitioners. In Tibet, there are many beneficial and friendly Protectors that assist the Lamas in their great works. However, they are not as widely practiced in the Gelugpa tradition because there is a longstanding tradition of propitiating mainly enlightened Dharma Protectors. In the past, Gaden Monastery would not even allow statues and wayside shrines to unenlightened Protectors within its confines.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 05:00:11 AM »

Dear Ensapa,

Jowo Jingkar and Tashi Obar are definitely not Gyenze and Setrap respectively. They are beneficial friendly protectors who have been assisting and helping practitioners. In Tibet, there are many beneficial and friendly Protectors that assist the Lamas in their great works. However, they are not as widely practiced in the Gelugpa tradition because there is a longstanding tradition of propitiating mainly enlightened Dharma Protectors. In the past, Gaden Monastery would not even allow statues and wayside shrines to unenlightened Protectors within its confines.

Hi Big Uncle,

Thanks for the explanation because the iconographies do look very similar. But how would one differentiate the iconographies? What if i mistake Jowo Jingkar for Gyenze and pray to him as Gyenze? Or to Tashi Obar as Setrap? Will it make a difference because as I understand I will be inviting Gyenze and Setrap to be dissolving into the images of Jowo Jingkar and Tashi Obar respectively. Also, in taobao, the Chinese version of amazon, there are a lot of Tibetan statues for sale and it can be hard to differentiate.

kelly

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 08:22:05 AM »
very bless to look at the two statutes that hand painted by Domo Geshe Rinpoche. I think all these highly attain lama do have a very special talent in drawing the holy image their imprint are so strong even some very young high lama can already draw the holy image and recite holy mantra, amazing.