Author Topic: Dagom Gaden Tensungling  (Read 9676 times)

thaimonk

Dagom Gaden Tensungling
« on: October 20, 2010, 11:30:49 AM »

Dagom Gaden Tensung Ling Buddhist Monastery was founded in 1996 by renown Tibetan Buddhist teachers Ven. Kyabje Dagom Rinpoche and Ven. Gonsar Rinpoche. Their deepest wish in establishing the monastery was to preserve for the benefit of all sentient beings the Buddha's teachings as transmitted by the Gelugpa lineage of Tibetan Buddhism.

Though DGTL functions as a traditional monastery for monks of this lineage, it also welcomes lay people of all nationalities and backgrounds to participate in its many religious, cultural and educational programs. These include sacred teachings by visiting and resident monks, the construction of precious sand mandalas, daily prayer services, guest lectures to schools and community groups, and the annual Taste of Tibet in which the monks cook Tibetan delicacies for the communities of Bloomington and Cincinnati.

DGTL is nestled at one end of Bloomington, Indiana's Lower Cascades Park, a natural setting with cliffs, a creek, and a waterfall. The quiet monastery grounds and the building decorated by hand with traditional Tibetan colors and designs. Monastery is Open to Visitor during 9-6pm. Please call for more information: (812) 339-0857

extracted from their facebook

If you are in the area, must give them a visit.

Thaimonk

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Re: Dagom Gaden Tensungling
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 01:11:33 PM »
Just in case anyone is close and gets the chance, DGTL is hosting a Dharmapala Setrap initiation
Date: Friday, 29th at 6.30pm

DGTL is also where the Dorje Shugden oracle, affectionately called Kuten Lama, teaches. 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 01:16:38 PM by Tenzin Sungrab »

hope rainbow

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 04:58:13 PM »
What a neat altar!
Buddha Shakyamuni on the far left, Lama Tsongkhapa and his two disciples and a very special protecor on the far right. NEAT!
Who are the two figures on the left and right of the diciples? I could not say for sure...

DSFriend

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 05:38:53 PM »
I am glad to hear that DGTL welcomes laypeople to join in the activities. Such a place is indeed much needed as we are plaqued by so much self-made problems.

May DGTL have all the resources they need to continue and expand this beneficial work and many more monasteries just like DGTL manifest all over the world.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 06:08:35 PM by DSFriend »

Helena

• Email
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 06:18:49 PM »
Wow, what a beautiful altar! I love the chandeliers and the wood. It adds a lot of warmth and an nostalgic air to the whole place.

Yes, I agree the statues are truly beautiful. All of them!

It is so wonderful to have a monastic center that allows lay people to learn and practice. It gives lay people a network of valuable support.

Indeed for any Dharma organization to grow or expand, having the right resources is truly crucial. Only then, more beneficial work can reach out to many more people.

Therein lies the continuity of lineage, tradition, learning and improvement.

What a lovely post! Thank you, Thai Monk!

Good to see that Dorje Shugden monasteries are growing!

Helena

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 09:19:54 PM »
I agree with you Helena. It's great to know another monastery is keeping up the practice of the lineage and not giving up in the face of pressure.  8)

Apart from the Kyabje Dagom Rinpoche and Ven. Gonsar Rinpoche, this centre has been visited by many illustrious high lamas of the Gaden tradition, including: His Holiness Trijang Rinpoche, His Holiness Zong Rinpoche, and Kyabje Yongal Rinpoche.

If centres like these are well maintained and supported, they can be a great force to propogate the teachings of Gaden tradition & Shugden practice to lay people, apart from the growth of monastic community in the Shugden monasteries like Shar Gaden and Serpom.

triesa

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 02:10:17 AM »

Though DGTL functions as a traditional monastery for monks of this lineage, it also welcomes lay people of all nationalities and backgrounds to participate in its many religious, cultural and educational programs. These include sacred teachings by visiting and resident monks, the construction of precious sand mandalas, daily prayer services, guest lectures to schools and community groups, and the annual Taste of Tibet in which the monks cook Tibetan delicacies for the communities of Bloomington and Cincinnati.

DGTL is nestled at one end of Bloomington, Indiana's Lower Cascades Park, a natural setting with cliffs, a creek, and a waterfall. The quiet monastery grounds and the building decorated by hand with traditional Tibetan colors and designs. Monastery is Open to Visitor during 9-6pm. Please call for more information: (812) 339-0857

Thaimonk

Thank you Thaimonk for sharing another beautiful monastry whose main protector is Dorje Shugden.

I like this type of monastry alot in the sense that lay people can participate in its many religious, cultural and educational programs. It is in this way can more people come to learn the Buddha's teachings transmitted by the Gelupa lineage of Tibetan Buddhism.

The surroundings of this monastery as described is so serene and peaceful. It is well worth a visit!!!

pgdharma

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 03:05:11 PM »
What a nice and neat altar! The statues are all so beautiful and especially Dorje Shugden looks so majestic along side Tsongkhapa and disciples.

It is great to know that this monastery welcomes lay people of all walks of lives to participate in their activities making it more accessible for lay people to learn the Buddha's teachings transmitted by the Gelupa lineage of Tibetan Buddhism

May more monasteries like DGTL manifest everywhere to spread the doctrine of Lama Tsongkhapa and Dorje Shugden.

Thank you Thai monk for this post.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 08:38:42 PM »
DGTL also has a sister monastery in Cincinnati, Ohio called Gaden Samdrupling Monastery.

They also have a retreat center called Gaden Khachoeshing Monastery.

As a sidenote- another Dorje Shugden monastery is in the planning stages. It will be located in Utah and called Vajra Vega Wana Monastery. The land has already been concecrated by holy Sangha and it will be another safe haven to keep our lineage going for the future generations.

triesa

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 03:22:30 PM »

Dear all,

Read below for more info on the beautiful Gaden KhachoeShing Monastery in Bloomington.

http://www.buddhachannel.tv/portail/local/cache-vignettes/L400xH300/gaden-fdc83.gif

Gaden KhachoeShing is a Tibetan Buddhist monastery in Bloomington, IN (USA) dedicated to preserving the Buddha’s teachings as transmitted by the Gelugpa lineage for the benefit of all beings. It officially opened in 2007 under the spiritual direction of the Venerable Choje (Kuten) Lama and with the blessings of the great lineage protector Dorje Shugden and many lineage masters.

The name Gaden KhachoeShing was given by Dorje Shugden and carries deep spiritual meaning: Gaden is the name of the pure land (or heaven) of Maitreya Buddha, the next Buddha to come to earth, who has a special and strong connection to the Gaden lineage. Khachoe is the name of the pure land of the female Buddha Vajrayogini, through whom one can attain enlightenment in just one short lifetime. Shing is the Tibetan word for the heavenly pure lands where one can go to attain enlightenment quickly.

Many who visit Gaden KhachoeShing for the first time realize this name is remarkably fitting, for it resembles the pure lands described in traditional Buddhist texts. Encircled by a wide stream, the property rises 128 acres through lush forest to an area that opens up into several meadows, including a clearing that from aerial photographs looks like the shape of a left hand. At the same time, the site is only 15 minutes from downtown Bloomington. This combination of seclusion and proximity provides the ideal environment for religious study by offering the benefits of isolation from worldly affairs as well as easy access to all necessary amenities of daily life.

Gaden Khachoe Shing is envisioned as a sacred place for the study and preservation of the Buddha’s teachings as transmitted by the Gaden Ear-Whispered lineage. In these troubled times, the need has never been greater to preserve the great precious teachings and practice of this lineage that have been passed from teacher to teacher, unchanged since the Buddha’s enlightenment. Students quickly discover that these ancient teachings, preserved for hundreds of years in isolated Tibet, are timeless. They offer a step-by-step method for achieving release from suffering, attaining true happiness, and acquiring the means to help others. At the same time, conditions in the modern world can lead to great confusion that has the potential to dilute and distort the purity of the teachings in ways that hinder their effectiveness.

To ensure the preservation of this precious lineage, the new monastery will offer multiple levels of instruction in Buddha’s teachings (Dharma) and practice. The training will range from introductory classes through rigorous residential programs in the manner of traditional monastic universities of Tibet, India, and Mongolia. At the highest levels, monks, nuns and lay students will meditate and study, contemplate, realize and preserve the teachings of the great Buddhist master Je Tsongkhapa and lineage protector Dorje Shugden. The lineage protector Dorje Shugden is an emanation of the Buddha of Wisdom, Manjushri and the principal guiding presence in this monastery. The hope is that many who study here will become accomplished meditators, scholars and realized practitioners, masters and adepts who will serve others and preserve this precious wisdom for the sake of all beings.

DSFriend

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 06:49:40 PM »
Thanks TS. I'll be watching out for more news in the near future on the development of Vajra Vega Wana Monastery. Do you know who is the spiritual head of this new monastery?

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 11:40:11 PM »
I don't think I am at liberty to say right now. ..but I will say that it is a Lama who has helped build other Monasteries that support Dorje Shugden. He is a very respected Lama who I am sure will continue to build new monasteries when he has the opportunity. It was this Lama who named the future monastery Vajra Vega Wana, which is the Sanskrit name for our Protector. V.V.W already has a temporary constitution and is just waiting for certain conditions to line up before continuing with the construction.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 04:46:01 AM »

As a sidenote- another Dorje Shugden monastery is in the planning stages. It will be located in Utah and called Vajra Vega Wana Monastery. The land has already been concecrated by holy Sangha and it will be another safe haven to keep our lineage going for the future generations.

Thanks for the info - has the building of the monastery started yet and when is it estimated to finish? It would be great to have more info on this... or is it secret - since you said you're not at liberty to reveal which Lama is supporting this. Hmmm i wonder if it is Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen's incarnation? :P

I pray that there will be many Dorje Shugden monasteries manifesting everywhere...
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 06:48:06 AM »
There are buildings already on the property. They will be refurbished and remodeled to help facilitate the needs of V.V.W.
There is plenty of land in a beautiful setting. I know one of the monks who was part of the group that performed the concecration a while back.
The name of the Lama involved isn't secret so much as I just don't think it is for me to say.
You can support the project on Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cove-Fort-Utah/Vajra-Vega-Wana-Monastery/171803101172#!/pages/Cove-Fort-Utah/Vajra-Vega-Wana-Monastery/171803101172