Author Topic: DS brochure  (Read 230414 times)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
Re: DS brochure
« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2010, 05:35:17 PM »
Well that is simple. Then with the hundreds of protests from NKT, WSS, Tibetan Monks, Zawa Tulku Rinpoche, Geshe Cheme Tsering, Geshe Darasing, etc  against the Dalai lama, do you need the high lamas to be out there to justify their protests?? So just because the 'HIGH LAMAS' were not protesting, that was a message not to protest??

Those who participated in the protests against the Dalai-Lama will be among the first persecuted by the Evil Chakravartin at the beginning of the Shambala War in 2424.

Very fatalistic. Were you a jehova's witness or fundamentalist Baptist before this?? Some of them are extremely fatalistic. I guess Geshe Kelsang Gyatso who orchestrated the first of the protests are going down too and better reincarnate somewhere else when the evils come out in 2424??

TK

godi

« Reply #166 on: June 11, 2010, 11:10:42 PM »
Buddha Shakyamuni and basic meditation teachings are the first things you should be introducing to the public

agree!

better to advertise meditation classes not dharma protectors who look fearsome and scary to the average Joe. 

agree!

It's important to introduce new people to dharma centres and meditation classes.  Lets advertise the basics first! 

agree!

godi

« Reply #167 on: June 11, 2010, 11:25:55 PM »
So the pro and anti-flyer camps are both right.

YES!

a friend

« Reply #168 on: June 12, 2010, 04:20:02 AM »
Do you want Geshe Kelsang standing on the street screaming 'Dalai Lama, Stop Lying???' I don't think it is necessary. Just because Geshe Kelsang wasn't at the protests, doesn't mean he didn't approve. You want Domo Geshe passing out DS brochures to show his approval? Not necessary. We can do it.

Then with the hundreds of protests from NKT, WSS, Tibetan Monks, Zawa Tulku Rinpoche, Geshe Cheme Tsering, Geshe Darasing, etc  against the Dalai lama, do you need the high lamas to be out there to justify their protests?? So just because the 'HIGH LAMAS' were not protesting, that was a message not to protest??

Dear TK, thank you for speaking like this. Communication is a dangerous field. I had understood that you didn't approve of the demonstrations. I was ok with that, but I certainly prefer what I am reading right now.

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #169 on: June 12, 2010, 01:04:48 PM »
Do you want Geshe Kelsang standing on the street screaming 'Dalai Lama, Stop Lying???' I don't think it is necessary. Just because Geshe Kelsang wasn't at the protests, doesn't mean he didn't approve. You want Domo Geshe passing out DS brochures to show his approval? Not necessary. We can do it.

Then with the hundreds of protests from NKT, WSS, Tibetan Monks, Zawa Tulku Rinpoche, Geshe Cheme Tsering, Geshe Darasing, etc  against the Dalai lama, do you need the high lamas to be out there to justify their protests?? So just because the 'HIGH LAMAS' were not protesting, that was a message not to protest??

Dear TK, thank you for speaking like this. Communication is a dangerous field. I had understood that you didn't approve of the demonstrations. I was ok with that, but I certainly prefer what I am reading right now.

Dear A Friend,

Contrary to what you think if I may politely say,  I didn't disapprove of the demonstrations. I felt they were needed and I am sorry about feeling that. I wish Dalai Lama no harm. But I wished they wouldn't have shouted "Dalai Lama, Stop Lying'. Maybe something like, "Dalai Lama, Please let's meet and discuss'. Or something similar. But I do very much feel the effort, the sincerity, the pain, anguish, and shock of the ban and these people went out to express this for ALL OF US. I appreciate them very much. I appreciated the monumental efforts behind all this. I pray so much the Dalai Lama would discuss openly regarding this issue. But I know it may not come true. It makes me deeply sad to the point of tears and extensive grief sometimes depression in the past. But I will not give up my lamas or Dorje Shugden ever! I will use my resources, time, effort and connections to spread Dorje Shugden's practice 'quietly' and continuously by whatever means suit the time, place and mentality. At times I will seek the approval of my lamas if not Dorje Shugden himself via the oracles for what I am doing.

TK

« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 01:08:16 PM by tk »

DSFriend

« Reply #170 on: June 12, 2010, 06:58:14 PM »

Dear Ranger, you are going to believe I'm nuts, but I have a very good feeling for the brochure.

Yes i think you're all nuts  ;D but then again i'm probably nuts to. We got nut's people advising the other nuts people what to do. ??? |It's like the blind leading the blind!   I had a special feeling once about a girl, infact  special feelings about a few girls. The feelings turned out to be deceptive, and all the girls turned out to be nuts! Rely on sound buddhist logic not your feelings!  How about calling this website, 'THE HOLY CHURCH OF DORJE SHUGDEN' ???  We can swap the 'Kelsang' for 'brother' to ???

Your comments would have been valid about A Friend, but he didn't just leave his comments based on feelings. A friend's logic is pretty solid. Please keep this forum HARMONIOUS and refrain from taking comments out of context.

DSFriend

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #171 on: June 12, 2010, 08:23:07 PM »
I get the feeling there are some forum people here that are from the "old skool", where they have a notion of how Dharma should be learned, spread and grown.

Not wanting to name names. But where is the open mind that Buddhism teaches us, the non-attachment, right down to our own held views.

The arguments put forward by the "Old Skool" try to come from a scholarly backing they quote the books, ie. the Lam rim, yet the tone and delivery of these certain peoples arguments are not Lam Rim, in a sense its rather arrogant if the word is too strong to use. How can you want to share Dharma on one hand, then make inflammatory remarks which only works to scare newbies away? cause them to think all Dharma is like that?

Oh and whats really speechless, is the argument, "i reserve the right to be critical"... i showed a friend this website to see what he thought, he is non-buddhist / for the greater good of all school of thought, out of the lot of "em", buddhism to him is the least worst of the religions in this world. He spent some time in the forums to get a feel for the people visiting, and came to the conclusion its filled with the blind leading the blind, with a lot of contradictory hearsay and some name calling. He left no wiser having read through.

I haven't been on this forum long to notice who YOU are, the CRITICAL for the sake of being critical, and there are a few.

If your centre is still small you should be asking yourself some tough questions already.
the first being, what are we the so "called" devoted students doing to keep people away?
It all has to start with a cause right, and it can't be caused from something external, logic says it must be internal.

One last observation before i go... yes the Lamas of the past were highly critical, but i think you need to understand that its the skillfulness of the Lama that one hearts and minds not the criticisms. If your method of being uncompromising and critical is meeting so much resentment, and the same reaction day after day after day, check yourself, do the people you share YOUR Dharma with leave happy enlightened with pearls of wisdom that help them change their lives for the better, or do they leave with bad taste in their mouths that Dharma creates people like YOU.

wang

« Reply #172 on: June 13, 2010, 03:02:02 AM »
1. my own view: if we stick with Lamrim teaching, follow the vajrayana vow, free from politics, get rid of our own tendency looking for a 'savouir god'(these are very traditional Gelukpa teachings, right?) ,  and do a bit of study like reading Trinley Kalsang's material vs HHDL side's(just be rational, right?), the answer is obvious.

2. my concern: not sure the one who designed brochure consulted his/her lama or not.  I feel quite painful to imagine hundreds of brochure with those beautiful Yidams picture be scattered around on the road, and be stepped on.....should someone do a clean-up work after this distribution?

LXF

• Email
« Reply #173 on: June 13, 2010, 05:51:09 AM »
The brochure with a DS image attached definitely a great idea to spread DS teaching to the many people outside

I had printed 100 pieces and distributed to friends and strangers...., to the wealth and to the poor.....

My opinion with regards Wang's concern - IMAGINE HUNDREDS OF BROCHURE WITH YIDAM PICTURE BE STEPPED ON....
Even 0.01 % of those received the brochure and put DS into practice, why not grasp the chance to spread DS through the brochure?
In surface, this may be a waste of resources, but think in depth and spiritually, the brochure may benefit hundreds.....

icy

« Reply #174 on: June 13, 2010, 08:51:07 AM »
The brochure is definitely a very good idea and very convenient way of introducing Lord DS to people.  Anywhere I go and whatever I do I always remember DS and will slip some of the brochures on cars, shops, offices and even travel agency. Everyday and whatever lifestyle one choose to adopt we can introduce and spread DS teaching.  How wonderful! :)

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2010, 07:41:33 PM »

Another 50 Dorje Shugden brochures were passed out tonight!!

TK

triesa

« Reply #176 on: June 14, 2010, 12:24:13 AM »
It is pretty interesting to see how some people are against this little Dorje Shudgen brochure. I noticed something common about them.  They are quite old fashioned and not open minded. If buddha has 84000 teachings to suit the different levels of minds of people, then what harm can this brochure do?

For a parachute to work, it must be opened, therefore we must always come with an open mind to reap the potential benefits. I thought buddhists are more open minded. We should rejoice tremendously from our heart that someone like TK and others are distributing and promoting this brochure to reach out to the masses and bring awareness of Dorje Shudgen. This web site is about promoting the practice of Dorje Shugden. I really don't see any point of bashing others' effort unless one come up with a better idea. And even when one would come up with a better idea, we should always be thankful to the pioneers whom, I may say, jump started this campaign.

Don't worry about the images of D.S. being thrown onto the floors, or left in garbage bins, I don't think DS minds at all. Like many have said and I agree no more, if one people picks up this brochurs and his/het life saved becasue of doing the DS practice, even though the person might not be a good practitioner later on, but the "Imprint" has been planted. Even a small inpact like this, is already wonderful.

Triesa

wang

« Reply #177 on: June 14, 2010, 02:03:05 AM »

Don't worry about the images of D.S. being thrown onto the floors, or left in garbage bins, I don't think DS minds at all. ....

Pls see page 218 of 'Joyful path of good fortune' by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, on refuge. 

"By going for refuge to the Buddha jewel our other special commitment is to acknowledge any image of Buddha as an actual Buddha...."

This is basic teachings by any Gelukpa lama during our refuge..

I dare not re-interpret the Lamrim teaching other than following my lama's advice.  So if you your lama is old style Tibetan, better first check it up to see whether he agree on your above point..
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 02:08:53 AM by wang »

icy

« Reply #178 on: June 14, 2010, 02:11:24 AM »
Oh!  I ran out of DS brochures.  I have been passing out these brochures in very chinese areas in town.  I am sure they will create good affinity with DS - minimum wastage of brochures.

icy

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: June 14, 2010, 03:12:37 AM »
I did a very bad thing today.......

I forgot my mother's birthday and got to know it in the last hour of the day when she's already fast asleep.

to make up for it, I had 100 brochures distributed with recitation of mantras and hopes that people who get the brochures may benefit.

I had the merits dedicated to mum.

Mum's birthday present this year is special:) she gets DS dedicated to her!

U guys can do the same for your loved ones as well!
cheers,
H1N1
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!