Author Topic: Disappeared for 17 years and finally there's some news.....  (Read 11847 times)

Big Uncle

Re: Disappeared for 17 years and finally there's some news.....
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 01:06:17 PM »
I read this and I wonder: why breaking this news today?
What is the advantage that China has from giving this piece of news today?

I can think of a few:

1. The boy is alive, he has not been emprisonned, nor killed, so China cannot be suspected of such crimes.

2. This young man does not want to be disturbed. This implies that the Dalai lama was wrong and confirmed the wrong boy, for if the Dalai lama was right, then this young man would only want to go back to Dharma.
Of course, the allegations here cannot be verified, for we do not know where the PL is, we have not heard him say these things neither. But the information manipulated can disqualify the Dalai Lama and qualify the China recognized PL.

3. China does not fear the pressure and the media going on about this case, China says: he is alive and does not want to be bothered. In other words, China is saying: stop all these campaigns now, it has no grounding, you're wasting your time.

Good observation Hope Rainbow. I think you are right. I think I have one more point to add and I think China has nothing to fear now and has disclosed the details of the Panchen Lama Chokyi Nyima because the Chinese Panchen Lama has already come of age and is performing his duties expected of him. He has worked hard and has already started to garner the respect of many particularly the 'leaderless' Dorje Shugden practitioners.

This piece of jigsaw fits precisely into an emerging larger picture forged through the amazing enlightened works of the Panchen and the Dalai Lamas. They are really working hand-in-hand to make Dharma grow in China. Panchen Lama obviously emanated into 2 emanations so the Chinese would believe that Chinese is the one grooming and controlling the Panchen Lama. I personally think both incarnations are valid emanations but one will take on the office and appear to be the crony of the Chinese. This is necessary as the Chinese wouldn't be endorsing the emanation recognized by the Dalai Lama as they would naturally believe that he is actually a spy for the Dalai Lama. That are working and their sole motivation is the spread of the Buddhadharma. I am in awe with such beings and I bow down to their prowess and skillful means.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 03:25:33 AM »

Good observation Hope Rainbow. I think you are right. I think I have one more point to add and I think China has nothing to fear now and has disclosed the details of the Panchen Lama Chokyi Nyima because the Chinese Panchen Lama has already come of age and is performing his duties expected of him. He has worked hard and has already started to garner the respect of many particularly the 'leaderless' Dorje Shugden practitioners.

This piece of jigsaw fits precisely into an emerging larger picture forged through the amazing enlightened works of the Panchen and the Dalai Lamas. They are really working hand-in-hand to make Dharma grow in China. Panchen Lama obviously emanated into 2 emanations so the Chinese would believe that Chinese is the one grooming and controlling the Panchen Lama. I personally think both incarnations are valid emanations but one will take on the office and appear to be the crony of the Chinese. This is necessary as the Chinese wouldn't be endorsing the emanation recognized by the Dalai Lama as they would naturally believe that he is actually a spy for the Dalai Lama. That are working and their sole motivation is the spread of the Buddhadharma. I am in awe with such beings and I bow down to their prowess and skillful means.

what is interesting is, other that the disappearance coinciding with the intensification of the ban, was also the day where HHDL declared the 17th karmapa. As we all know, the previous karmapa was actually pro Dorje Shugden and HHDL could not do anything to convince him otherwise. So then what started was the whole 2 karmapas issue where HHDL has his version of the karmapa while the sharmapa has his version.

Obviously, like everything else, the abbots of Ganden, Sera and Drepung, the CTA approved Domo Geshe, HHDL needed to replace all lamas who was pro Dorje Shugden, perhaps to prove a point that nothing good can come out of being sectarian and being obsessed by purity. Perhaps HHDL is trying to hit something that is buried deep into the Tibetan psyche so that he can prepare them for Tibet's liberation.

But at this rate, he seems to be trying to dissolve the CTA using karmic means, by making them do actions that have negative repercussions that will lead to the dissolving of CTA and the Tibetans will be forced to adopt a system that is currently being used worldwide: democracy, separation of state and government and a senate for making decisions and not busy trying to poke their noses into other people's practices.

even if Gedun Chokyi was the real Panchen Lama, if he really wanted to reassume the role of the Panchen Lama, he would have found a way to escape Tibet the way orgyen trinley did. The ban created the karmic force to push him away, especially with the way of how the ban was implemented. Maybe that is another bitter lesson for the Tibetans to really start thinking and acting to do the right thing?

michaela

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 05:41:51 AM »
I wonder what is the logic behind Chinese denial of the Panchen Lama recognized by Dalai Lama and selected their own Panchen Lama.   In the case of Karmapa, the Chinese government chose to recognized the Karmapa that have been confirmed by Dalai Lama and not the other Karmapa. 

vajrastorm

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 08:18:39 AM »
Whatever the reason for the Chinese supporting the Karmapa of HH Dalai Lama's choice, I believe they were politically motivated to do so. It's the same with their choosing their own candidate for Panchen Lama. However, the Panchen Lama is the second after the Dalai Lama as leader of the  Tibetan Buddhists.So, for the Chinese, it was most important for them to ensure that Panchen Lama XI would 'toe the line' for them. Hence their stepping in to ensure this would happen. Hence they just appointed their own candidate and abducted the Dalai Lama's candidate and his family.

After a disappearance of 17 years, there is now news of the abducted candidate. From the official 'press release', we only get to know that Gedhun Choekyi Nyima is alive and is on the mainland along with his family.For the Chinese, it is sufficient to reassure all who are interested and concerned that Gedhun Choekyi Nyima is alive(not killed!) and is together with his family. The Chinese candidate, 23 year-old Gyaltsen Norbu is already holding his own in Chinese circles even among the higher echelons. He has made public appearances. He has also been visited by great Gelug Lamas like Gangchen Lama and Gaden Trisur, a testimony to his acceptance and recognition by the Tibetan Sangha.   

In the great scheme of things for the spread of  Dharma in China, it is reassuring to know that Gyaltsen Norbu has been well-prepared for his role as a spiritual leader in Dharma. His recognition by 2 great Gelug masters does reassure everyone that he can and will play his role well to spread the Dharma. it is reassuring too that ,as Dorje Shugden's practice is starting to grow in China, he may well be the one to spearhead the wildfire spread of Shugden practice and Je Tsongkapa's Lineage teachings in populous China.   

pgdharma

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 04:10:05 PM »
It is great to hear that the Panchen Lama is well and alive.  It is not a surprise that he is the right Panchen Lama who was abducted by the Chinese. However, his disappearance has helped the spread of Buddhism by the other Panchen Lama that was recognized by the Chinese. Enlightened beings can manifest in multiple. If there can be two Karmapas why not two Panchen Lamas. It is up to people to believe which is the right one. It will be great if these two Panchen Lamas can spread Buddhism in China and benefit the people.

dsiluvu

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 06:39:40 PM »
Why does China let the news out now? Wonder what could be China's motive.

It could only be done to shut the campaign about the Dalai Lama's chosen Panchen Lama is being "locked" up as a political prisoner and the whole speculation on his well being. So they claim He does not want to be bothered. Well if He really is truly the correct Panchen Lama, whether or not we want it, it will come natural in highly attained being to benefit others and it does not necessary have to be in a form of high ranking Lama as we can see these days, there are many Tulkus out there benefiting others through their own creative ways.
More over, it is common that highly attained beings can incarnate more then just one being. Perhaps the one that China has chosen is one, and this one another.

Well one thing is for sure the current Panchen Lama seems to be doing a pretty good job in creating ties with the Tibetan in China and now starting to do so outside of China and the best part is He is not subjected to the silly CTA ban and can practice, give initiation, spread Dorje Shugden freely and openly and no one can say anything! http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1795.0

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2012, 09:54:24 AM »
Why does China let the news out now? Wonder what could be China's motive.

It could only be done to shut the campaign about the Dalai Lama's chosen Panchen Lama is being "locked" up as a political prisoner and the whole speculation on his well being. So they claim He does not want to be bothered. Well if He really is truly the correct Panchen Lama, whether or not we want it, it will come natural in highly attained being to benefit others and it does not necessary have to be in a form of high ranking Lama as we can see these days, there are many Tulkus out there benefiting others through their own creative ways.
More over, it is common that highly attained beings can incarnate more then just one being. Perhaps the one that China has chosen is one, and this one another.

Well one thing is for sure the current Panchen Lama seems to be doing a pretty good job in creating ties with the Tibetan in China and now starting to do so outside of China and the best part is He is not subjected to the silly CTA ban and can practice, give initiation, spread Dorje Shugden freely and openly and no one can say anything! http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1795.0

It's actually quite easy to find out if he's the real Panchen Lama: Real tulkus always find a way to benefit others no matter what the conditions are. They will be able to stand up and do what they incarnated for irregardless of the conditions. This is the power and determination of the Tulkus. Many of them will not just keep quiet, sit down and wait for things to happen. They make things happen. That is why they are highly respected by the monastery, because they can make things happen and benefit many people by their actions.

If you tell me than Gendun Chokyi Nyima is the real Panchen Lama, I would like to demand proof for it and not in the sense of recognitions, but his work for the people. He's no longer 6 now, so he should be able to have done something unless China is covering him up but even then, real tulkus alway have a knack on overturning problematic situations into one that will benefit others. Or perhaps, he was meant to be silent and is meant to distract the Chinese.

At this juncture, it would be interesting if China allowed Gendun Chokyi Nyima to actually come out and speak to everyone. China does not need to bow to the Dalai Lama's demands or the CTA's demands, neither will they need to bow to international demands to produce him. Perhaps, he was killed by China in the process, or that he passed away, or tulku disease happened and China is too embarrassed to show him? Whatever it is, China should show everyone proof of him being alive to quell doubts.

At least right now, the role of the Panchen Lama is being filled up by a capable person that will lead China spiritually. And that is more important than an argument on who is the most authentic candidate.