Author Topic: The Beginning...powerful blog post  (Read 15655 times)

thaimonk

Re: The Beginning...powerful blog post
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 11:00:03 AM »
Dear Wang,

I appreciate your comments. Tsem Rinpoche has hundreds of students and his presence in Malaysia is very strong. He has the largest, most active and most well known Tibetan Buddhist Centre in Malaysia. He has surpassed many other Tibetan Buddhist centres in just a few years because he works hard, close to his students, nurtures them well, give excellent dharma talks in clear precise English, very learned, and very skilful.

Tsem Rinpoche and Kechara are in the National papers almost every two weeks. The press really like Tsem Rinpoche’s various departments.

If you knew why he wore lay clothes and modeled for a few years, you would be amazed and gain even more respect for him. He went through so much struggles that time and had no choice but be in lay clothes for a few years with the permission of his holy lamas in Gaden and the then abbot. They knew he was modeling and was offered model pictures of Rinpoche and they smiled and laughed with amusement.  Reasons not to be shared here for now. But I guarantee, very good reasons.

Many people say Tsem Rinpoche’s style is so much like Lama yeshe’s in the 70’s. Lama Yeshe’s style was very appealing for many. Different markets.  So many people In Malaysia like Tsem Rinpoche’s style, because the old generation is getting old, and many new generation cannot have the patience of the old style. The old style isn’t bad, but difficult for many in the material world. Many mentalities. So by the success of Tsem Rinpoche we can see many people support and do accept his style. In the end, the results count and he is getting results.

The picture you posted of Tsem Rinpoche is taken back in Los Angeles. He was under 20 when this nice black and white picture was taken. He was offered to model and do things in movies in Hollywood before leaving for India  as he is 6ft 2 inches tall, slim and good looking that time. He had to turn down because he was becoming a monk as he promised Zong Rinpoche.

As before, now Tsem Rinpoche is working full force and full time to spread the dharma of Lama Tsongkapa. We are lucky there is a successful young Gelug Lama and student of Zong Rinpoche teaching dharma in Malaysia. From Malaysia through youtube and other mediums, he is reaching the world. His books and videos are selling well. He has 13 departments under him in Kechara that are growing and expanding monthly. Literally monthly.

Read his blog :

http://blog.tsemtulku.com/

See his websites:

http://tsemtulku.com/

http://kechara.com/

I pray Tsem Rinpoche lives long and he can bring forth the lineage of Trijang and Zong Rinpoche to a places where their holy names were rarely heard. Tsem Rinpoche is making Trijang, Pabongka and Zong Rinpoche’s names very famous and well known in his region. I rejoice.

thaimonk

triesa

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 06:42:01 PM »
I like Tsem Rinpoche's style. I can connect to his teachings in his blog or u tube very well and easily. His sense of humour make his teaching sink in even more in me. Like what Thaimonk said, there must be a good reason for Tsem Rinpoche to model and dress in lay man clothes for while. Actually he looked pretty cool in the photo posted by Wang.

The world is changing in a very dynamic fashion, these high lamas, they will do anything to get their teachings across. I rejoice that we are still so fortunate to be able to connect to high lamas like Tsem Tulku Rinpoche.

Triesa.

cleojean

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 08:37:59 PM »
This is a powerful blog post. Thank you for sharing it with us. We could learn a lot from it. Especially on the fact that we all own nothing and we should destroy dualism within us. Until then, there will always be two sides to a story and two version of the truth. And everyone will always maintain that their side is correct or right. And their version is the real truth.

Zhalmed Pawo

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 02:08:41 AM »
My reply here, which is not really a reply but just an mental offshoot, is made with a tongue in the cheek, so please, laugh with me, or at me, but do not be angry... ;)

This is a powerful blog post. Thank you for sharing it with us. We could learn a lot from it. Especially on the fact that we all own nothing and we should destroy dualism within us. Until then, there will always be two sides to a story and two version of the truth. And everyone will always maintain that their side is correct or right. And their version is the real truth.

Apart from your general meaning of the post, it must be said that there are always many versions of truth, and none can be dismissed, as the truth is always relative to the context. There is always many sides, and all of them are right from a certain point of view.

To say that there are two truths, is non-truth.
To say that there is not two, is likewise.
Both dualism and non-dualism are wrong,
since the truth is manifold, and there is no more.

And Nagarjuna should have written in Pali, not in Sanskrit. :P

Edwardsons

• Learn to daytrade Forex and Currencies
Learn to daytrade Forex and Currencies
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 01:41:42 AM »
Learn to trade Forex. I'm trading currency forex with a metatrder demo  http://2pipfixed.com  using autotrader EA and scalping. I do this from my home as a part time job. They are a very honest broker and the best forex brokers.

kurava

• Email
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2011, 03:11:02 AM »
I heard Tsem Tulku's style of spreading dharma is just as controversial as DS.

Well, it really doesn't matter as long as his methods can touch the modern day folks, help them in times of trouble , guide them towards virtues and make a difference in their lives ! After all, which saint throughout history is without any controversy ? To me, they are the fore runners of their times.

Tsem Tulku's ways of teaching is unconventional, interesting and effective.

Thank you TK for introducing this refreshing blog to me.

Lone Hermit

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2011, 02:54:12 AM »

Barzin

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2011, 07:57:51 PM »
Quote from: tk link=topic=764.msg7926#msg7926 date=1276625207

[/quote

Though Tsem Rinpoche's presentation looks a bit non-traditional, content of his teaching is very Gelukpa, and looks he dress in traditional way now.  So I don't have negative feeling about him, instead I view him as 2nd generation 'Yeshe Lama', just a bit go further:)

If I may say, I am like a fan of Tsem Rinpoche.  When I first came across his youtube video I was so impressed.  He reminds me a lot of the unconventional lama like Lama Yeshe, Kalu Rinpoche, and have you even checked our Gomo Tulku's latest music video?

I guess this is what needed to be done to attract people to dharma, sad but true.  I mean even me myself wouldn't go to temple unless it's special occasion.  If through image, humour and a sense of style can benefit a person, why not?  More and more young Rinpoche will manifest in that way because our future is more sex, lies, and more desire for materialism.  Sad.  Wonder how my kids would become in the future.

I like Tsem Rinpoche's way of teachings, profound yet modern and easy to understand and boy, does he have a good sense of humour!  I am so impressed that Malaysians are so receptive, tibetan Buddhism must be strong there.  It is wonderful to know that Gelupas are everywhere every parts of the world!

Recently, i am so addicted to his paranormal blog.  Ha, I like things spooky. Haha.   Do check it out guys!

http://blog.tsemtulku.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/category/paranormal

icy

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 02:02:01 PM »
It is so wonderful to see Tsem Tulku Rinpoche's blog.  The topic in it is so diverse and interesting.  My heartfelt thanks to him for sharing with us - so much effort and time spent in the blog to bring Dharma to people around the globe.  How compassionate of him.  Truly, truly compassionate.

He is a Lama who gives the timeless wisdom in our modern days in the method we modern people can perceive and absorb via modern media.  He is so skillful and clever.

:D

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 02:20:26 PM »
A modern packaged Lamrim, I can connect with this approach. Different method for Alternative people. Love it!

Thanks for the heads up

pgdharma

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2011, 04:27:12 PM »
I just checked out this blog and I must say I am very impressed. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche's teachings are so applicable  in today's modern world. The  topics are so diversified. And there is  even a paranormal blog. Very interesting!

Big Uncle

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2011, 04:07:32 AM »
My reply here, which is not really a reply but just an mental offshoot, is made with a tongue in the cheek, so please, laugh with me, or at me, but do not be angry... ;)

Apart from your general meaning of the post, it must be said that there are always many versions of truth, and none can be dismissed, as the truth is always relative to the context. There is always many sides, and all of them are right from a certain point of view.

To say that there are two truths, is non-truth.
To say that there is not two, is likewise.
Both dualism and non-dualism are wrong,
since the truth is manifold, and there is no more.

And Nagarjuna should have written in Pali, not in Sanskrit. :P

You're quite witty Zhalmed Pawo. Unless we have reached a certain degree of realisation, we can even begin to fathom Nagarjuna's thought. Nevertheless, I think Tsem Tulku's message brings such profound thoughts into very practical and digestible thoughts and teachings. Anyway, your last line was a quite cute.

icy

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2011, 01:25:47 AM »
How true Tsem Rinpoche is very skillful in bringing Dharma to modern people.  He always never fail to amaze and captivate new people to Dharma.  Teachers like him are difficult to find.  His students must have pure merits to sustain such teacher and students relationships.  Is this true?

Dolce Vita

• Email
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2011, 04:19:39 PM »
I went and checked out his blog and watched a few of his youtube video, he is funny. The way he delivers Dharma teachings is so comprehensive, the example he quotes is very relevant to our lives. I sure will recommend my friends to visit his blogs and youtube videos. Wonderful!