Author Topic: Power of Dalai Lama  (Read 43425 times)

thaimonk

Power of Dalai Lama
« on: November 12, 2010, 07:15:59 AM »

The Dalai lama sure can command the crowd of audiences.

Helena

• Email
Re: Power of Dalai Lama
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 10:06:16 AM »
Indeed, HHDL can command such crowds everywhere HH goes.

After all, HHDL has done a great deal for Buddhism and has devoted all his life in pursuit of spirituality. That's real time and effort spent on spiritual study, practice, learning and understanding. Not to mention, mastering.

We, on the other hand, have pursued all worldly pleasures and desires.

If we add all the past lifetimes of spirituality practice that HHDL has clocked in - that amounts to a tremendous feat!

How wonderful that so many people around the world can learn about the Dharma and receive the Dharma seeds that HHDL plants in them during this lifetime.

May all Dharma seeds sprout and grow in every individual.

Helena

Lineageholder

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 12:33:30 PM »
These are the very same enormous crowds that the Dalai Lama tells that Dorje Shugden is an evil spirit.

It's sad that such a wrong view is spread to so many people.  :(

thaimonk

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 01:31:53 PM »

It is the same crowd that we will tell them that Dorje Shugden is not an evil spirit through this website.

Thank you Dalai Lama for leading them to this direction.

Whatever your intention is, you have made Dorje Shugden very well known.

Helena

• Email
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 01:53:17 PM »

It is the same crowd that we will tell them that Dorje Shugden is not an evil spirit through this website.

Thaimonk, I absolutely love what you wrote here! It speaks from optimism, hope and an attitude of 'never giving up no matter what'.

I like that because I believe very strongly that Dharma is about looking at the cup being always half-full and not half-empty and within that same breath, we'd gladly give that very cup away if it saves another's life/spirituality.

Indeed, I echo what you wrote below a thousand times!

Thank you Dalai Lama for leading them to this direction.

AMEN!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 02:15:25 PM by Helena »
Helena

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 04:55:07 PM »
If not for the Dalai Lama, Dorje Shugden would not have been in Newsweek or Time Magazine! Do you know any other Dharma Protector who has been featured there?

The Dalai Lama has brought Dorje Shugden more publicity than anyone can imagine, so thank you Dalai Lama...

I'm sure many people have googled Dorje Shugden to find out more about this controversy and they would be directed right to this website!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

thaimonk

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 05:11:34 PM »
If not for the Dalai Lama, Dorje Shugden would not have been in Newsweek or Time Magazine! Do you know any other Dharma Protector who has been featured there?

The Dalai Lama has brought Dorje Shugden more publicity than anyone can imagine, so thank you Dalai Lama...

I'm sure many people have googled Dorje Shugden to find out more about this controversy and they would be directed right to this website!

I agree with you. I am sure everyone can google to find out more the minute the hear what the Dalai Lama is saying against Dorje Shugden.  And they will find loads of information for Dorje Shugden as well as against and let them come to their own conclusion.

Our 'enemies' always challenge us to be better and not sit around and be lazy. Well the Dalai Lama is keeping us on our toes.

Because of him, we are talking about Dorje Shugden on this site with so much information provided, it's wonderfully enlightening.

triesa

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 05:19:18 PM »
There are always two sides of a coin. Whichever sides you choose reflects your state of mind.

A cup filled halfway can be seen as half empty or half full. How would you want to describe this cup?

Choose something POSITIVE. The world needs that!!!

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 05:37:08 PM »
These are the very same enormous crowds that the Dalai Lama tells that Dorje Shugden is an evil spirit.

It's sad that such a wrong view is spread to so many people.  :(
Come to think of it, perhaps because it was spoken by the Dalai Lama, the name Dorje Shugden will be planted in their mindstream and it will one day ripen when the time is right, may be during Maitreya's time?

Perhaps 80% of the people couldn't even remember what Dalai Lama said or talked about, but the fact that they were in His Holiness' presence, it has blessed their mindstream to be able to accept and study the Dharma in future lives?

I dunno, just thinking out of the box  ;D

dsiluvu

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 06:11:27 PM »
It is so refreshing to think positive and look at the whole Dalai Lama vs Dorje Shugden issue in a different perspective! And for all we know, we're all being taken for a premeditated ride in to a chaos that makes us talk more about Dorje Shugden, love Dorje Shugden more, and or who the heck is this Dorje Shugden (to those newbies)?

I remember when I met a friend from Australia, and we was like asking "What's up with this Dorje Shugden and why is Dalai Lama so against it?"... He was working for their local radio and they wanted to try to get an interview with Dalai Lama during his tour there to talk about Dorje Shugden!!!

I agree with wise WB... really which protector in the history of Tibetan Buddhism has ever made in to Times and Newsweek?! I guess we can proudly say DORJE SHUGDEN! And all Thanks to the Dalai Lama for stirring up such a storm and like he doesn't know it's going to attract so much media attention, like duh surely any Tom can figure that one out.

thaimonk

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 06:29:49 PM »

Wish Dalai Lama had gone for the interview.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 11:01:27 AM »
It is so refreshing to think positive and look at the whole Dalai Lama vs Dorje Shugden issue in a different perspective! And for all we know, we're all being taken for a premeditated ride in to a chaos that makes us talk more about Dorje Shugden, love Dorje Shugden more, and or who the heck is this Dorje Shugden (to those newbies)?

I remember when I met a friend from Australia, and we was like asking "What's up with this Dorje Shugden and why is Dalai Lama so against it?"... He was working for their local radio and they wanted to try to get an interview with Dalai Lama during his tour there to talk about Dorje Shugden!!!

I agree with wise WB... really which protector in the history of Tibetan Buddhism has ever made in to Times and Newsweek?! I guess we can proudly say DORJE SHUGDEN! And all Thanks to the Dalai Lama for stirring up such a storm and like he doesn't know it's going to attract so much media attention, like duh surely any Tom can figure that one out.

Someone asked me on facebook (I don't know her personally - she just added me) why is the Dalai Lama against Shugden. So i explained to her and referred her to this site which has more information. If not for the controversy, i don't think she would've known about Dorje Shugden.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

pgdharma

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 02:14:46 PM »
HH Dalai Lama has done so much in spreading Buddhism. Wherever he goes, there will always be a large crowd. In this way, HHDalai Lama uses this ban to spread Dorje Shugden. We are so fortunate that HHDalai Lama is planting dharma seeds into our minds and when the time is right, these dharma seeds will fruition and we will be able to realize the truth. Through HHDalai Lama compassion and wise method, he has made Dorje Shugden so well known!

Heartspoon

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 03:39:26 PM »
A neighbour did the same - planting dharma seeds in our mind -

He is rich, powerful and much admired by the community.
He chased away his old mother.
She had nurtured him, but now she disagreed with his Buddhist beliefs.
So, he asked her to leave immediately his house and was deaf to her supplications.
Now, she is without shelter, destitute.

The members of the community are so delighted. Through compassion and wisdom,
he has made his faith so well known. And his mother will be so happy when
her karmic obscurations will no longer hinder her from understanding his wise
and compassionate gesture.

Of course, as we wish her well, and in order to help our compassionate and
wise neighbour, we help her by denying her any form of aid.

We had better be very very careful, it's so easy to ruin the whole endeavor...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 11:47:36 AM by Heartspoon »

Heartspoon

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 04:17:07 PM »
What a fool I am. It's so shameful.

Sorry, but it appears I got the facts wrong: a neighbour told me the true story.

In fact, he is such an incredible practitioner that he really saw how wrong she was
with her practice. So he banished her from the house.

You see, it's called wrathful practice, very very advanced level. It sets a wonderful
example for the other practitioners and of course, there is no better way to help her.

But, wait a minute, I told him: wouldn't it better to speak with her and to explain
what is wrong with her practice. Certainly such a clever neighbour can do it without any
kind of difficulty.

His furious glance quickly showed me how wrong I was to ask such a stupid question and
his answer let me know without any doubt how foolish I was: he told me that the neighbour
was such an incredible enlightened being, no one could possibly speak with him about such
a topic. He alone was able to think and act correctly. Asking questions would be like doubting,
very bad you know, very very bad. he would be furious and rightly so...

« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 11:47:19 AM by Heartspoon »