Author Topic: 344,901  (Read 17031 times)

Mana

« on: September 28, 2010, 11:42:16 AM »

Submitted on 28 September 2010 11:36:51

Great site!! This Website has 344, 901 hits as of now I just saw...I am amazed. This is the most definitive Dorje Shugden website on the net I have come across. Fantastic work. Fantastic information, so many categories and great forum. Thank you whoever you are on this team for such a great website. I have learned quite a few things and plan on going into this website everyday to learn more.

Where I stay in the US, there's so little information on Dorje Shugden.

I hate to say it but the Tibetan Govt/Dalai Lama made Dorje Shugden so well known around the world. Attended a Dalai Lama lecture and he mentioned regarding this practice that he discourages. His discouragement really got me interested. So I did my google and research and came across this site. I was like, why would a big guy like him mention something so seemingly petty.

Well now, thanks to Dalai Lama, I am going to learn up more on Dorje Shugden. Don't know if I will include him in my practice yet, but thinking of it as I don't have a dharma protector. I didn't even know we needed one, but I guess we do. Let's see how it goes. I love the forum section, I don't want to write but just read as I don't know much to participate yet. I like the video and article sections tremendously also. I downloaded one brochure to take a look. It looks cool. Great site guys. Keep it up. It really helps me and I am sure many others judging from the number of hits.

Extracted from the Guestbook entries submitted by Mori.

triesa

Re: 344,901
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 02:29:05 PM »
Thanks Mana for the news! It is the best DS website I have found too.

Besides the undeniable hard working admin team, what I particularly like about this website is its creativity. There are simply loads of information in here. Every article, video, link, testimonial or illustration is informative and relevant. I just don't have enough time in a day to read through everything.

Almost anything you want to know about the controversy between HH Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden, What the Tibetan Government In Exile is doing,  background of DS, the lineage, the benefits, how to do DS prayers, the high lamas who are DS practitioners, etc are all here at a glance.

And of course, I like and enjoy the FORUM very much ;)

I can't wait when the hit reaches 500,000!!!

DSFriend

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 07:29:46 PM »
I suppose we can increase the traffic via telling our friends about this site, distribute brochures, oh, and the latest illustrated comic is just a fantastic way for people to get to know Dorje Shugden. The team (I'm assuming that it's a team of people) has provided us with so much information as well as tools to promote our protector. how kind !!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 07:32:40 PM by DSFriend »

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 12:58:17 AM »

Submitted on 28 September 2010 11:36:51

Great site!! This Website has 344, 901 hits as of now I just saw...I am amazed. This is the most definitive Dorje Shugden website on the net I have come across. Fantastic work. Fantastic information, so many categories and great forum. Thank you whoever you are on this team for such a great website. I have learned quite a few things and plan on going into this website everyday to learn more.

Where I stay in the US, there's so little information on Dorje Shugden.

I hate to say it but the Tibetan Govt/Dalai Lama made Dorje Shugden so well known around the world. Attended a Dalai Lama lecture and he mentioned regarding this practice that he discourages. His discouragement really got me interested. So I did my google and research and came across this site. I was like, why would a big guy like him mention something so seemingly petty.

Well now, thanks to Dalai Lama, I am going to learn up more on Dorje Shugden. Don't know if I will include him in my practice yet, but thinking of it as I don't have a dharma protector. I didn't even know we needed one, but I guess we do. Let's see how it goes. I love the forum section, I don't want to write but just read as I don't know much to participate yet. I like the video and article sections tremendously also. I downloaded one brochure to take a look. It looks cool. Great site guys. Keep it up. It really helps me and I am sure many others judging from the number of hits.

Extracted from the Guestbook entries submitted by Mori.

Fantastic post and very beautiful to read. Thank you Mana.

tk

pgdharma

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 02:59:50 PM »
Thanks Mana for the information. This website, managed by the dedicated and hardworking team, who so kindly provided us with all the info that we need to know about Dorje Shugden.

Let us  show our support by sharing this website with our friends and those around us!

beggar

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 08:47:22 PM »
Great news. It's not surprising the numbers are climbing - there is a lot of interest in Buddhism in general and now in Dorje Shugden specifically because of all the media hype around it. The Dalai Lama made Dorje Shugden the most talked about, most well known deity in the world.

What's good to know is that people are logging on to read and participate in gaining knowledge. They may not be actively posting, but I'm very happy to know they are reading and therefore getting more information for their practice.

MUCH THANKS to the people behind this website. Keep it up and let's get to even more people.
Humbly, beggar

Helena

• Email
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 07:42:21 AM »
Wow, such great numbers.

On 28th Sept it stands at 344,901 and now, today on 4th Oct, it stands at 347, 222.

That's an increase of over 2000 hits in such a short time.

It is very good news as people are learning and getting valuable information. Hopefully, with the numbers increasing, the understanding of Dorje Shugden will also increase. With understanding, there will be less mis-formation and confusion. Then, the practice of Dorje Shugden will gain wider acceptance.

Thank goodness for this website! Thanks for the individual(s) who put it together and work hard at maintaining it.

May the light of truth shine for always
Helena

kurava

• Email
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 08:21:35 AM »
Dear Helena,
It's not surprising that within a week the hits jumped by 2000 because its contents are clear , objective and being updated constantly. It's a site that one is well assured of the authenticity of information and purity of Buddhist teachings.

Whenever anyone wishes to know about the 'DS  controversy', I have no hesitation in introducing them to www.dorjeshugden.com  ;D.

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 05:44:03 PM »
Dear Helena,
It's not surprising that within a week the hits jumped by 2000 because its contents are clear , objective and being updated constantly. It's a site that one is well assured of the authenticity of information and purity of Buddhist teachings.

Whenever anyone wishes to know about the 'DS  controversy', I have no hesitation in introducing them to www.dorjeshugden.com  ;D.

I fully agree with you all. This site is precise, clear, fair, and unbiased. It presents the 'story' and information clearly, then let's you decide. No other Dorje Shugden site is like this one. I've tried other sites, no doubt they are good, but I am drawn to this one always.

TK

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 07:00:24 PM »
I think this website definitely deserves it, personally I think for a few reason:

a) it always has juicy latest news (Gaden Tripa switched camps, Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen's incarnation is alive etc). This is like E! (Entertainment Television) for all Shugden communities.

b) Its new ideas and its "1st" - The most definitive and complete document on Lord Shugden - Music Delighting An Ocean of Protectors  fully downloadable in English & Tibetan; brochures samples, and the latest ILLUSTRATED STORY of how Dorje Shugden came to be, Blessed by Shugden sharing stories and so many more...

c) the website is pro-Shugden and pro-Dalai Lama (rare!)

Thank you to all of you behind dorjeshugden.com for bringing us all the latest and also providing a platform for the Shugden community  :-*  :-*  :-*

Mana

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 10:48:37 PM »
I think this website definitely deserves it, personally I think for a few reason:

a) it always has juicy latest news (Gaden Tripa switched camps, Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen's incarnation is alive etc). This is like E! (Entertainment Television) for all Shugden communities.

b) Its new ideas and its "1st" - The most definitive and complete document on Lord Shugden - Music Delighting An Ocean of Protectors  fully downloadable in English & Tibetan; brochures samples, and the latest ILLUSTRATED STORY of how Dorje Shugden came to be, Blessed by Shugden sharing stories and so many more...

c) the website is pro-Shugden and pro-Dalai Lama (rare!)

Thank you to all of you behind dorjeshugden.com for bringing us all the latest and also providing a platform for the Shugden community  :-*  :-*  :-*

You are very welcome. I am very happy to hear our hardworking team can benefit you and others. This is the purpose of all of our hardwork.

Mana

triesa

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 11:07:16 AM »
Wow, such great numbers.

On 28th Sept it stands at 344,901 and now, today on 4th Oct, it stands at 347, 222.

That's an increase of over 2000 hits in such a short time.

Just a thought, the hits into DS.com could be very much linked to the consistent DS brouchures distribution campaign. TK has been reporting the numbers almost every other day.  And lately Mana said one person who is not registered at the forum also distributed 1500 pcs out!

I rejoice with everyone's hard work!

thaimonk

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 06:32:42 AM »
I am a HUGE fan of this website. Some of the views on it does not match with mine. But so what? Where else better than here is there to go to? Why find differences in a few issues, why not find commonality with the huge similarities.

Anyway if I don't like it, I DON'T HAVE TO COME HERE, but where can I go? I am addicted to this site.

I sure can't set up something like this with the time, energy, money, knowledge, research, thousands of hours necessary.

So I am here to stay and my respect for this site grows all the time.

Mehtra
San Diego

(source: post from guestbook)

thaimonk

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 06:36:42 AM »

It's 364,818 views on this fantastic website as of November 12, 2010.

triesa

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 03:16:13 PM »
Consistent effort yeilds consistent results!

Great job everyone!