Author Topic: Technical Problems  (Read 61422 times)

Admin

• Administrator
    • Email
Technical Problems
« on: August 08, 2010, 11:05:42 PM »
Over the last week or so, we have received messages from some forum users regarding difficulties they face in posting messages. The issue concerns the way the text box 'jumps' whenever it is full.

It seems like the problem was confined to Internet Explorer users. A fix has already been applied to this issue, and appears to be working fine.

We wish to make this forum the best place online for people to discuss matters relating to our Protector, and this means continuously improving the forum and website to serve your needs best. Therefore, we would like to request for everyone's kind assistance in observing for further technical issues that may arise.

Should you experience the problem noted above (or any other technical issues), please contact technical support by leaving a message here. We will also be happy to answer any technical questions you have relating to the use of forum, and consider any suggestions for improvements to the website.

Thank you in advance for helping us to improve DorjeShugden.com.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 12:42:37 AM by Admin »

DSFriend

Re: Technical Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 12:39:59 AM »
Dear Admin/Webmaster
You have my utmost respect and gratitude for all that you and your team is doing for this website to promote Dorje Shugden. Rattle That Cage has indeed been a wonderful space for discussions and learning.

with much appreciation
DSFriend

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 10:23:08 PM »

Dear ds.com,

You have my deepest gratitude and support for the wonderful work you have done to create an unbiased platform for all to know more of our Dharma protector and the sacred lineage he arose from.

It is wonderful to have this website as it presents information from both sides (camps) so that everyone can make up their minds for themselves. Too much negative rhetoric from either side would be a great disappointment to new people who knows nothing of the back or front. So your mission statement and the efforts you put into keeping with it is truly admirable. If you were very one sided, I would not be apt to visit continuously as I wish to make up my own mind. And you allow me that freedom. I am grateful. My mind is made up. I am forever a servant of Dorje Shugden in this life and hopefully future lives.

tk

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 08:15:39 AM »
I'd just like to say "Thank You" for clearing up the technical problem, and sorry for bombarding the Admin's message inbox with letter of complaints! Just got a little frustrated with posting whenever the posts "jumped" - especially when my internet connection is so slow!  :P

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 01:21:23 AM »
Dear Admin,

Thank you for your continuous effort in improving the website.

I have always had this problem with IE8, but I thought it was my browser that was problematic!

Thank you for being proactive and always thinking about improving user experience here in dorjeshugden.com!

Tashi Delek!
Vajraprotector

hope rainbow

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 03:28:42 PM »
I am so glad that the forum is back online.
Heartfelt thanks to the team behind this forum fo allowing us to have a window of light!

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 03:53:57 PM »
I'd just like to say "Thank You" for clearing up the technical problem, and sorry for bombarding the Admin's message inbox with letter of complaints! Just got a little frustrated with posting whenever the posts "jumped" - especially when my internet connection is so slow!  :P

hiya.. try using a different browser.. IE is always acting up.. i prefer firefox. Though it doesnt help if you have a slow net conn. :)

x
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Heartspoon

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 12:51:53 PM »
Dear friends,

I am sorry to report a second technical problem: after having "lost" the options "modify" and "delete" for my messages, my previous message on this board for technical problems, mysteriously disappeared some minutes after posting it.

If anyone knows any remedy for it, I will be grateful

Thank you

Heartspoon

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 12:58:23 PM »
Sorry, making a fool of myself.
I didn't notice there were two different places related to the technical problems
and I posted one message on each of them... :D

DSFriend

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 04:17:38 PM »
heartspoon

Does that mean you are still experiencing this technical problem with the "modify" and "delete" buttons? Also, what browser are you using?

thanks

Heartspoon

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 04:20:19 PM »
Yes, I am still experiencing this technical problem.
I am using Mozilla Firefox

thank you for your kind help

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 03:18:39 AM »

I am experiening the same problem.

DSFriend

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 08:26:07 AM »

Ensure that the Firefox version is updated. else, try Google Chrome. It seems to work fine for me.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 02:45:56 PM »

Ensure that the Firefox version is updated. else, try Google Chrome. It seems to work fine for me.

Nope, I am using chrome and still no option to delete. Please adjust your board settings to allow for modified posts.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2011, 03:04:24 AM »
Still wishing for some help. I see others modifying posts yet I do not have this option. Is there a reason for this?