Author Topic: Hate Others Forever?  (Read 30931 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Hate Others Forever?
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2012, 10:06:12 AM »
I agree with this very much.
With the help of my Teacher, I am making an effort to keep my mind neutral. I do not agree with the ban, but due to my limited understanding I can not claim what is really going on in a definitive way.
My only way to combat the ban is by supporting our monks and monasteries. I have found that the endless debate and thrashing of ideas is not helping me in assisting my friends and brothers here at Shar Gaden. Not that the debates and such are not important, but due to my proximity to the monastery I feel it is better  for me to focus only on proactively supporting our monks.

I do not agree with the ban either as it has caused so much suffering to date. It has not really benefitted anyone but the other 3 traditions who were insecure with Gelugpa's dominance. As a result, many of the more vocal practitioners are not Gelug but the other traditions and the spread much misconception about the whole thing. There really is no benefit to the ban, not even a single bit, only imaginary benefits such as "not practicing a spirit worship" that is not even based on the truth. Endless debate and the trashing out of ideas do have their merits: they provoke people to think deeper on the issue and really think for themselves and decide what to do from there. This is the whole purpose of this forum, by the way, to make people read and understand on the issue from a neutral or slightly biased point of view using logical methods instead of one that relies purely on name.

This is what I feel I am doing when I post here because we know that the CTA visits this website regularly, in addition to many people who want to find out more about Dorje Shugden for themselves and not just take Dalai Lama's word for it. This website is here to provide second opinions and clarifications.

Dondrup Shugden

Re: Hate Others Forever?
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2015, 09:43:02 AM »
This advice by Thai monk was posted in 2010 and till now Dorje Shugden practitioners have been non violent and non aggressive.  Does this mean Shugdenpas are doormats or just practising the very tenet of Buddhism, being compassionate and patient.

In our mind, do we then think that the Dalai Lama and CTA are not Buddhist?  Not so but rather, the time for Dorje Shugden is not yet come due to many reasons and the one reason that comes to my mind is that there is much negativities to be purified.

Let us continue our devotion and practice with Dorje Shugden and soon the Ban will be lifted.  Let us cultivate the 8 verses of mind transformation in preparation to be good examples when the ban is lifted.