Author Topic: What happened to Lucy James?  (Read 64934 times)

thaimonk

What happened to Lucy James?
« on: July 22, 2010, 10:18:41 AM »

What happened to Lucy James? Is what she say on this correct?  :( Totally accurate? Any insider explanations to 'enlighten' us?

Please see:

http://www.nktworld.org/Lucy.html

Zach

Re: What happened to Lucy James?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 08:09:15 PM »
Do stop trolling Troll.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 08:23:57 PM »

What happened to Lucy James? Is what she say on this correct?  :( Totally accurate? Any insider explanations to 'enlighten' us?

Please see:

Hi thaimonk

I understanding from the article that Lucy James have been out of the organization for a while and there's

I don't mean to be trolling but this is forum but I would like to know more AND DISCUSS!

thanks

H1N1
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

theloneranger

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 09:46:11 PM »

Please see:

Hello Thaimonk

Is it thai monk or monkey? It's just that you sound more like a monkey than a monk! :)

If i give you a bunch of banana's, will you go away and leave us all in peace?

crazycloud

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 09:52:27 PM »

Please see:

Hello Thaimonk

Is it thai monk or monkey? It's just that you sound more like a monkey than a monk! :)

Monsuier Ranger

With respect I request you not to ask Thai monk to leave, he has a right here. I think he is trying to be controversial, so  i think someone who knows the answers to his questions should answer him.

cheers

thaimonk

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 09:50:39 AM »
Hey thaimonk, Why not expound on the Qualities of your Master, Tsem Rinpoche?
Whom, I might add is a fine person doing duty in a distant land.
I do not understand the attacks on GKG, expecially after the admin warned anyone causing trouble will be banned.
You seem to be between the sheets.
Maybe I'll shake the sheets and find out about your agenda?

Hey Tc,

My master is NOT TSEM RINPOCHE! HE IS TOO YOUNG TO BE MY MASTER! He's fine or not is great!

WHY DO YOU GET RUFFLED WITH QUESTIONS ON GKG. WHAT ABOUT THE HUNDREDS OF ATTACKS YOU do on Dalai Lama daily?? How come you can attack Dalai Lama and I can't ask about Geshe Kelsang? The admin hasn't banned you. I have NEVER CRITIZICED YOUR DAILY ATTACKS ON THE DALAI LAMA.

Get over your pain, hurt, rampage against the Dalai Lama, he wronged you as you say, get over it. Move on. How to practice and get anywhere with so much anger inside of you. I wish you the best, I truly do, but let me tell you straightforward and now: I AM NOT ATTACKING GKG. I found the information on the open net and I want to understand more. If anyone has information, clear it and it will help the hundreds of other readers. This forum has nothing to do with GKG (as far as I can see) and if some of his students who are active here, answer those questions, it is neutral grounds.  I didn't write what I found on GKG, but it's disturbing because I support GKG and buy hundreds of dollars worth of his books and pass out to friends.

Sorry.

thaimonk

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 09:57:59 AM »

Please see:

Hello Thaimonk

Monsuier Ranger

With respect I request you not to ask Thai monk to leave, he has a right here. I think he is trying to be controversial, so  i think someone who knows the answers to his questions should answer him.

cheers

Dear CC,

I am not trying to be controversial, but what Lucy wrote is disturbing. I want to understand more because she quotes the secretary from 1998 of NKT. Since a few here are NKT members, you might have insider's news to clear things on a neutral platform. But if your not the exclusive people of NKT who are at the top, I guess you wouldn't. But you still might know something.

thanks.  :)

thaimonk

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 10:00:45 AM »

Please see:

Hello Thaimonk

Thanks for letting Lucy win here with your snide comments.

Don't buy the bananas, instead use the money to donate to Tenzin Sungrab.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 10:04:01 AM by thaimonk »

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 10:10:16 AM »
Gosh,

are we gonna get an answer from these people or just plain mockery and childish bickering?

I think we might need to refer u guys to the complaints department

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=816.0

TM, i am with u as this article re Lucy James is a bit disturbing in my mind an appreciate some clarifications and before anyone else does, i think these two bullies must have pretty much done justice to how Lucy James might have been.

anymore enlightening remarks?

H1N!
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

Mana

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 10:26:26 AM »
PARTICPANTS IN THIS THREAD

We repeat this forum is an open platform for DISCUSSION, the post below from "loneranger" does in NO way add to the discussion thread. This is not debate, and in know way reflects debate motivation.

Hello Thaimonk

Your username and ip has been recorded and will be monitored.

Thaimonk perhaps you could elaborate on what disturbs you the most about the information you found to give particpants a direction to focus their replies,  as right now it sounds like your wanting to know gossip.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 10:38:50 AM by Mana »

honeydakini

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 01:25:02 PM »
This is interesting.

I actually like that Thai monk is “forcing” to giving a different way of looking at how we look at teachers out there. Sure, every Lama has his faults (or so we perceive) but he also has his fair and good points. I don’t think it is healthy to only keep going on and on about any lama’s negative points.

Sure, the Dalai Lama has been responsible for many actions that we do not agree with. But by the same token, he has also been responsible for many tens of thousands of people joining the Dharma. He is still someone’s teacher – how are we potentially destroying someone’s faith by just always using very strong words against him? “Liar, hypocrite, dictator” etc

I don’t see the recent posts about GKG as a smear campaign – it is a different way to look at how we react to posts about different teachers. Why is it okay to always bang on and on about what the Dalai Lama is doing wrong; but become so edgy when some questions are asked about other teachers? It is has certainly made me think about how I would feel if someone had posted something up about my own teacher – it’s not a nice feeling, I can assure you!

I don’t believe the things that have been said about GKG. Whether or not they are true, I choose instead to look at all the thousands of centres he has around the world and all the thousands of people who are being connected to the lamrim, taking ordination and learning dharma, inspired by his GOOD qualities. Imagine if there was another forum set up where a whole bunch of people just got together and bitched about all the things he did wrong, as a “call for justice” to “simply point out what is not being done right.” Imagine if we all did that within our own centres! Where we think that our guru is not being fair to one or two people in the centre, so we set up a tribunal to question and trial him! This is essentially what we are doing.

If you don’t agree with what is being said about GKG, then think: this is exactly what you have been doing to the Dalai Lama forever now! Why is it fair to have a smear campaign about the Dalai Lama but get antsy when some questions are asked about GKG/NKT? Note that there hasn’t actually been anything bad said against GKG – just information extracted from another site and some general questions looking for clarification about the facts. Nothing near the kind of language used to describe the Dalai Lama.

triesa

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 06:24:17 PM »
Dear Honeydakini,

Very well said indeed!!! Whoever is your teacher must have taught you well. Intercenter harmony and never critiize teachers in other centers. I agree totally that we must always look at the GOOD qualities rather than narrowing our thoughts on only negative things.

Triesa

thor

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 10:24:36 PM »

Please see:

The link doesnt seem to be written by Lucy James, rather it is about her. There's a fair bit of stuff written online about this affair. How much of it is true is unknown. The official NKT response to this is:

"However, these types of accusations do point to a larger issue: Neither Lucy or Bjorn have made any complaints about what took place and by all accounts stayed happy and peaceful throughout. They remain loyal and practicing disciples of Geshe Kelsang and the NKT. As long as that’s the case, then what happens between them and their Spiritual Guide is, quite frankly, their business and not ours. No one had the right to put Lucy’s private letter from Geshe Kelsang on the Internet for example; this was not ethical."

As far as I know, whatever happened between Lucy James & NKT, she has not bad-mouthed Geshe-la as far as I can see. She still refers to Geshe-la as her teacher and promotes Kadampa Buddhism on her websites eg http://knol.google.com/k/kadam-lucy-james/kadampa-buddhism/3l61loh9lbw08/4#

That's what I know and if true, then she does live up to what is expected of a student of the Vajrayana.

Her story is being used as a pawn in the frequent online debates that the NKT is constantly faced with. As organisations grow bigger, these problems are bound to crop up. We do live in samsara after all. And some of the principles of Vajrayana such as guru devotion will appear cultish to the general public. So wherever misunderstandings arise, the students should endeavour to clear the name of the teacher in a manner that is befitting.

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 11:14:09 PM »

Please see:

As organisations grow bigger, these problems are bound to crop up. We do live in samsara after all. And some of the principles of Vajrayana such as guru devotion will appear cultish to the general public. So wherever misunderstandings arise, the students should endeavour to clear the name of the teacher in a manner that is befitting.

Very well said. Sad to know. But I am gladdened by this post.

tk

crazycloud

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2010, 10:17:28 PM »

Please see:

Hello Thaimonk

Monsuier Ranger

cheers

Dear CC,

I am not trying to be controversial, but what Lucy wrote is disturbing. I want to understand more because she quotes the secretary from 1998 of NKT. Since a few here are NKT members, you might have insider's news to clear things on a neutral platform. But if your not the exclusive people of NKT who are at the top, I guess you wouldn't. But you still might know something.

thanks.  :)

Hello sir

I know nothing about Lucy James or the inner workings of the NKT

cheers