Author Topic: Tsongkhapa box set, new!!! Check it out!!!  (Read 8966 times)

thaimonk

Tsongkhapa box set, new!!! Check it out!!!
« on: June 14, 2010, 10:02:31 AM »
New Tsongkapa Box set!!!Must see... I just came across this blog now!!

http://blog.tsemtulku.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/2010/06/tsongkhapa-box-set.html#tp

MUST CLICK AND SEE!!!

dsnowlion

Re: Tsongkhapa box set, new!!! Check it out!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 08:35:32 PM »
WOW! SUPERB!!!!
That is such a beautifully packaged Tsongkhapa enlightenment in a BOX.
Looks like Tsongkhapa floating in the sky and blissful.
I want I want!!! hehehe

Thank you for sharing this fresh from the oven information. Those people in Kechara did a wonderful job.

xdsnowlion

thaimonk

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 08:38:27 PM »
Does anyone know where I can get this box set online? Any website to buy from? I want to get a few...thanks

dsnowlion

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 08:57:37 PM »
Hello thaimonk,

I think it is just FRESH FROM THE OVEN and they have not uploaded it on to their e-shop yet.

However, an idea is to write/email to them directly. I am sure they will be glad to hear from you

Here is a link http://www.kechara.com/kmp/

xdsnowlion

DSFriend

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 08:41:14 AM »
Hello thaimonk,

I think it is just FRESH FROM THE OVEN and they have not uploaded it on to their e-shop yet.

However, an idea is to write/email to them directly. I am sure they will be glad to hear from you

Here is a link http://www.kechara.com/kmp/

xdsnowlion

Was just checking out the Kechara website. It's very comprehensive, and the works they do is quite impressive.  Found the Tsongkhapa Boxset available at their eShop
http://kechara.com/eshop/goods.php?id=260

honeydakini

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 11:18:15 AM »
It is extremely heartening to see such a dynamic young team putting together such excellent work to connect people to the teachings of the great Lama Tsongkhapa. Unbelievable affordable too - how nice that people are making this sacred practice available to all and of course, anyone can practice this so it is a safe, wonderful, peaceful way to connect people to the teachings.

See, the world is not all about materialism and looking for wealth, success all that. I worry that maybe sometimes we have all become a little cynical (even on the forum!)... And it is so refreshing and happy to remember that after all, it is about the pure BuddhaDharma and powerful practices like the Guru Yoga that brings out the very best in every one of us.

Thank you to Tsem Rinpoche and his dedicated Kechara team of young people for making this possible for many, many more people.

With deepest respect and appreciation,
Rachel

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 01:57:11 PM »
Below Extracted from: http://blog.tsemtulku.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/2010/06/tsongkhapa-box-set.html#tp

pummy369 said...

The Maitreya heart shrine relics came to Perth on the weekend and I was helping out a little bit there. I only got the time to very briefly glimpse these relics, with a dull and problematic mind that, because of my karma, lately sees the Dharma only through a thick fog, but a glimpse of a relic of Lama Tsongkhapa's yellow robe, more than the many other beautiful and amazing relics, penetrated the fog of my mind and remained there. For some reason I can't stop thinking about that golden-yellow whisp of fabric with his name on the little card next to it.

Two days later, I hear about this new presenation of Rinpoche's teachings on Lama Tsongkhapa. Rinpoche's teachings introduced me to Lama Tsongkhapa and I have never heard someone give more heartfelt teachings on him. It is impossible to listen and not wonder what good deed or good fortune has brought these special teachings into your life. I hope this new presentation of the teachings introduces so many people to Lama Tsongkhapa and Rinpoche.

Everything from Kechara House and KMP is made with so much heart; the love and committment they have for Rinpcohe and the Dharma is always there in the pages, the design - from the first glimpse to the finish. This will be just beautiful.

---------------------------------------------
posted by TK
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 01:59:52 PM by tk »

DSFriend

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 07:34:01 PM »
I've just gone back to the blog and read the many comments people left on the blog. pretty inspiring how Tsem Lama and the kechara organisation is touching people's lives.

Tsongkhapa's teachings have been "packaged" in such an attractive, modern way with beautiful tsa tsa, prayer book, Intro to Tsongkhapa book...everything to help get a person started. I've been telling my friends that there is such a boxset out right now and they are blown away at how well packaged it is. Quite a few have ordered via kechara.com/eshop also. Tsem Lama and Kechara is truly innovative in bringing this 600 year old teaching to the 21st Century. Let's do what we can to get these teachings to as many people as we can.

best wishes
DSFriend

DharmaDefender

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 08:06:17 PM »
I've just gone back to the blog and read the many comments people left on the blog. pretty inspiring how Tsem Lama and the kechara organisation is touching people's lives.

Tsongkhapa's teachings have been "packaged" in such an attractive, modern way with beautiful tsa tsa, prayer book, Intro to Tsongkhapa book...everything to help get a person started. I've been telling my friends that there is such a boxset out right now and they are blown away at how well packaged it is. Quite a few have ordered via kechara.com/eshop also. Tsem Lama and Kechara is truly innovative in bringing this 600 year old teaching to the 21st Century. Let's do what we can to get these teachings to as many people as we can.

best wishes
DSFriend

They touch people's lives because they're genuine. To be fair, I don't think it's entirely innovative DSFriend. Certainly the design is, but not the motivation because I think it's still pretty old school - Tsem Rinpoche is just practising skilful means, like every other great lama in the past has done! He's just brought it into a 21st Century context ;)

Funny (and sad) thing is, I bet there'll be many people who don't agree with the box set and cite it as commercial but hey, there'll always be the naysayers when facing someone bound to do great things. I mean, look at Gandhi - liberated all of India, but someone still disliked him enough to shoot him!

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 10:06:09 PM »
Listening to explanations of the three pitakas,
Realized teachings, practice of the three trainings –
His skilled and accomplished life story is amazing.
May the conqueror Losang’s teachings flourish!

jingang

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 10:06:27 PM »
Though he’s the father, producer of all conquerors,
As a conqueror’s son, he produced the thought of upholding
The conqueror’s Dharma in infinite worlds. Through this truth

From Prayer for the Flourishing of Je Tsong Khapa’s Teachings
by Gung-tang Tän-päi Drön-me

By the way, do you think they have a Chinese set? It will be great, then I can give to my friends in China.

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 01:47:59 PM »

By the way, do you think they have a Chinese set? It will be great, then I can give to my friends in China.

I am sure they will have, although I don't know when. You can email them and ask?

All I know is Kechara Media & Publications always have things available in both Chinese & English, as I have bought books from them before at the Singapore Book Fair a few years back and one of the staff explained to me. Nice to see young bunch of Dharma students/writers/ publishers for a change.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 09:52:06 PM »

I am sure they will have, although I don't know when. You can email them and ask?

All I know is Kechara Media & Publications always have things available in both Chinese & English, as I have bought books from them before at the Singapore Book Fair a few years back and one of the staff explained to me. Nice to see young bunch of Dharma students/writers/ publishers for a change.

I'm also sure they will, because Tsongkhapa has history in China (Yong He Gong and all that)...just makes sense to produce summin that will appeal to the Chinese.

vajraprotector, yeah it is nice, and I think it's something much needed with the passing of lamas like HH Lati Rinpoche...the fact that the reincarnations of past greats like HH Zong Rinpoche are still relatively young and learning, it's lamas like Tsem Rinpoche who will keep the wheel of Dharma turning in the meantime. Plus, their vibe lends a bit of variety in a market dominated by Geshe-la's books which, as amazing as they are, might not appeal to everyone.

icy

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 11:25:07 PM »
How nice, Tsongkhapa box set!  This must be the first time ever such Lama Tsongkhapa box set is made.  It is innovative, compact and modern as a mobile altar for jetsetters.  I will get one.  I can use this when I travel.

icy

cleojean

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 08:20:04 PM »
Thank you for sharing this info. It is really encouraging to see this Kechara Group and their Lama create new ways of promoting Lama Tsongkapa. It looks really good. I am impressed! I am sure many will now benefit from this noble creation.