Author Topic: DS brochure  (Read 229115 times)

Alexis Ball

Re: DS 'brochure'
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 07:33:17 AM »
It was indeed most delightful to log onto this website, after a while of absence, to find this new, vibrant and attractive brochure available. I cannot agree with TK and the rest of you that the people behind this amazing brochure and website are great! They exhibit true dedication and commitment to Dorje Shugden, and with innovative actions not just mere words!

This brochure is very well done catering to the "virgins" who have no idea of our Protector. It is clear that it is to direct the masses to this website where they will learn more and make their own choices to believe and practise. I love the design and contents, concise and precise.

I too have printed the brochures to distribute. I've left them in hospitals and clinics. Not to my surprise, they disappeared rapidly and I did not find them in the bins. Yes, I went to the bins to check as I do not wish for our Protector to end up in the bins. People are suffering in one way or another, whether they know it or not, and may all the efforts to spread Dorje Shugden reach everyone's hands and hearts to plant the seeds for them to achieve peace and happiness.

Midakpa

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 07:52:54 AM »
I think the DS brochure is a great way to promote the practice of Dorje Shugden. I hope many people will benefit from this effort. I congratulate those involved in this project. Good luck.

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2010, 07:57:12 AM »
Its been awhile since i came to the forum. For a spell there i was wondering just how to promote DS with all the controversy and issues surrounding Him.

The brochure solved all the dilemmas.

How to promote without being extroverted about it?
How 2 be unbiased without appearing to be bible bashing?
How to give an insight with the multitude of information on DS?

A simple brochure thats eye catching, and modern. Something that doesn't look like an everyday piece of marketing.

This brochure is now i am happy to say in Australia. I won't say much more than this because the issue is current here. But i am pleased to be doing my bit to promote our Protector.

Yes i agree it is a bit disrespectful to have a buddha image printed in this manner, and distributed in this manner, BUT the benefits of even just one person taking up the practice far outweighs the amount of images that get thrown away.

Protector is a buddha, he won't be offended only us low thinking people will think that way. Besides, once they read the hooks, wealth and wisdom they'll come here and just look how much information is there is to absorb.

When i first came to Dharma i was just like any other person who knew no Dharma. I wanted a solution to my situation i was in. Forget emptiness, forget enlightenment, meditation, prayers, offerings, debate etc... At that stage in my life you can forget about it.

So if you think the material topics covered is worldly, your right! Thats what every other person all around the world is interested in who also KNOWS NO DHARMA. So in this respect, i feel we have a duty, and opportunity to bring people onto a path of Dharma practice, and who better than our sacred Divine Protector.

Thanks to all the people who produced and operate this site.
Lets make DS famous, Worldwide~!

Tks

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2010, 09:14:35 AM »
Hi,
what is the reason that there are only worldly benefits mentioned (wealth, business, intelligence,...) and no spiritual benefit. Actually, Dorje Shugden is a Dharma protector and not a worldly protector. Very often, good business is an obstacle for the spiritual development but financial problems, sickness,... could be helpful for the spiritual development.
Regards
Godi

hi,

sorry for being missing in the forum for a while now but i'd like a one two cents to what TK has mentioned earlier.

If we really see the true essence of Buddhism in the Tibetan tradition, the teachings are tailored to our needs and most of the time do not accord to taking refuge in the first place but to actually solve the problems of others and only bring them to refuge in the hands of Buddha.

for example, the 5 roots of hells are:
wealth
sex
fame
glutony
sleep (excessive)

and antidotes to them are:
Dzambala practice
Vajrayogini
Wishfulfilling practices
Offerings before meals
meditation on clear light

the above are sourced from a Chinese Buddhist saying "To first hook sentient beings with their desires and then set them on the path of the Buddha's wisdom"

In this case, our lord DS fits in exactly to the description needed for this time of Kaliyuga whereby we attract these people with what they need eg: wealth, health, study etc. We're not lying or promoting the wrong thing! But in fact will create a stronger connection for them with lord Shugden as they pray earnestly for what they really need and that will be transformed into pure energies or merit for DS to give them Dharma in the near future.

Well, if they can't make it for whatever reason in this life, I'm sure they plant seeds to receive Dharma from Arya Maitreya in the next Assembly. I reasoned it out that DS resides in Lama Tsongkhapa's throne, and Lama Tsongkhapa emanates from Maitreya's heart. So even if they don't do Gaden Lhagyama, doing DS will just plant the same imprints as doing Gaden Lhagyama.

wad do u guys think?

cheers,
H1N1
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

zamzam24388

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 10:40:55 AM »
What a great idea from TK to print & distribute the brochures in your neighbourhood.  The brochure may look simple but is a tool to help spread general information on Dorje Shugden.  For more details, interested people can access to this site.  AND ... from this homepage, by clicking on the red DS brochure banner, we gain access and are able to print for our own use and also help to distribute in our neighbourhood.  Thank you webmaster for uploading this brochure.  May many more people follow TK's example to print & distribute these brochures.

shugdenpromoter

• Email
DS 'brochure'
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 11:08:02 AM »

The DS "brochure" on this website is fantastic. It is detailed and very user friendly. This will benefit many who come across this brochure and how the practice of Dorje Shugden impact their life like how he has to me. I will definitely promote this as many of the people around me need this so badly.

Thank you very much for the effort and the dedication to our lord.

dsnowlion

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 11:14:34 AM »
I love this brochure.

I think it is a unique way to spread the teachings of lord DS. I think some of my frineds will definitely benefit from it and they can come to the website to check out and read up more on Dorje Shugden and it's benefits.

Although the content may seem shallow on the brochure but it helps as people many people just want to know the worldly benefits first but when they do his practice more, their mind will change and they will transform i believe for this is how I started as well. In the beginning  we need to attract people by means of addressing their current issues and agendas, then slowly skillfully change their concept and what more there is this great website printed all over it to help them learn more!

Thank you for having this wonderful brochure online. I want to print thousands to get all over town!

Thank you again whoever who came up with this igeneous idea to spread our lord Dorje Shugden who will be our future protector.

xxxdsnowlion

bouncylittlebee

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 06:46:53 PM »
I found the brochure at the counter of a post office afew days ago. I picked it up because the colour and design is so attractive. I have never heard of dorje shugden till then. Out of curiosity, i checked out the website and am pleasantly surprise that there is so much information on it. I registered to post on the forum so that i can thank the creator of this website and tk for coming up with this idea of printing the brochure. I also wanted to ask for more brochures to pass to my friend but found out that i can print them out to share with them. How easy!

emptymountains

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2010, 12:24:25 AM »
I personally will start donating copies of Heart Jewel to local libraries. We don't have any other books about Dorje Shugden yet, do we? I just printed out the Dorje Shugden History website the other day, and it was nearly 200 pages! <hint hint>

DSFriend

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2010, 03:28:28 AM »
Now, we are cooking. Try passing out the phamplet in a town that is 99.9% Mormon. Makes for either no conversation or confusion as to the possibilties of alternate Universes existing state to state. LoL

I love the sense of Unity, even if it is as it is, with time,space and distance between allof us.
We might almost be in the same room.

haha...that'll be quite interesting! May I suggest to mail the brochures out to your friends/associates. That way we all can reach our own community and circle of friends. I can't help but recall what my Guru says...that to see even the image of Buddha will plant seeds of enlightenment. This is another way for us to help bring blessings to others..

best wishes always
DSFriend

small uncle

• Email
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2010, 05:43:55 AM »
Hi All,

Just thinking to drop a line or two to thank TK who came out with this brilliant idea of sending out brochure as cool as this one! The red colour is just so striking and attractive!

I also would like to thank the creator or whoever who have uploaded this softcopy of the brochure here (even there are image tutorial to help teach you how to fold it). Now I can use this nicely designed brochure to introduce to my friends. The list benefits, Short prayers plus the mantra and an image of Dorje Shugden inside all in one! Innovative!

Thank you again TK!
 ;D

Zach

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2010, 08:04:55 AM »
Emptymountain_ these goofy anti dudes are 'Dumber than a Bag Full Of Hammers"!
He'll never figure it out!
I feel like flying kites over the Microwave Towers!
Send some Sunshine into the Old Dalia's Dungeons
Where he keeps under lock and key
Blindfolded Mimics that are muted and dumb
From too many years
Acting less than they were
 like a Wood Block!
Pinnochio is the name of the Cult
His nose is growing longer
It comes from lies and age
Just to remind him of the Good Old Days!
Sorcerer's Apprentice
His Goofiness is being called to task,
The Supreme Master is Coming Back!

I must say i do not agree with you speech, He's still one of my kind mothers.  :)

DSFriend

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2010, 08:08:43 AM »
I personally will start donating copies of Heart Jewel to local libraries. We don't have any other books about Dorje Shugden yet, do we? I just printed out the Dorje Shugden History website the other day, and it was nearly 200 pages! <hint hint>

Fantastic idea Emptymountains. I do not know of any other books about Dorje Shugden...perhaps someone else in this forum may know of.

bigbug

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2010, 03:02:03 PM »
Wow! This is the BEST website I have ever found for DS! I am going to come back more and more !nWhoever it is maintaining it, please keep up the great work!!
NAMASTE :D ::) :-*

spacelike

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2010, 05:57:26 PM »
Personally I'll be continuing to put my energy into trying to promote the healing nectar of Buddha's teachings.  From the kangso sadhana it's apparent this is what delights the Protector most.  When people have discovered the liberating wisdom of the Four Noble Truths, the Bodhisattva's path, emptiness, moral discipline and especially Lamrim, Lojong and Mahamudra, then there is something in their minds for glorious Dorje Shugden to protect.  Promoting the Dharma Protector without the Dharma is like promoting the blue of the sky without the sky itself - totally out of context and hard to relate to.
I appreciate living beings are very diverse with diverse sets of needs but from my small experience of helping at a Dharma Centre, almost everyone is attracted first to the practical, logical inner science of Dharma.  Only a handful come because they are attracted to the more esoteric practices, and those that do so without being motivated by renunciation invariably encounter problems. Teachings on renunciation, bodhichitta and emptiness can be hard for some people to relate to at first, but in that case at least taking an initial interest in inner peace is surely the best starting point.
If they can't do that, they won't be ready for protector practice and will be disappointed and put off when they find out what it's really about (the heart commitment of practising, teaching and promoting Kadam Dharma without mixing it).
The Dorje Shugden who bestows good college study, wealth and other worldly attainments bears little resemblance to the Dorje Shugden my Teachers have introduced me to, whose primary function is to protect the Dharma.  It  does however sound a little like the worldly deity the TGIE and their cronies accuse us of relying on as our main practice. 
Is there a danger that, in attracting people to an abstract characterised version of DS, we also unintentionally present a characterized version of ourselves which doesn't do us any favours?  Isn't it possible that when people check out the various Buddhist traditions, some of whom are presenting very logical, beneficial Dharma instructions, they will see Shugden practitioners, due to the brochures they've come across, as 'the ones who think a 17th century guy in a hat is going to make them rich' ?

Presumably we're all trying to protect the lineage from destruction.  But what does it mean for the lineage to remain, and does this have anything to do with the public popularity of Dorje Shugden?  Even if as a result of the leaflets, he ends up right up there with Dora the Explorer and Michael Jackson, does that mean the lineage survives in terms of pure practice? 

Not questioning the intention behind this venture, only questioning the possible results.  I've no doubt the blessings and imprints will be helpful for people, but isn't there more to consider than that?

love and respect
Spacelike