Author Topic: DS brochure  (Read 229799 times)

Positive Change

Re: DS brochure
« Reply #585 on: July 01, 2012, 06:12:08 PM »
Thank you Positive Change for making the effort to count the number or brochures distributed based on this post. 151,545 in total!! Fully agree with Positive Change that it is irrelevant if the brochures are read of not. As long as one sees the card, it has already planted an imprint to him and a connection is made. Therefore, let's support the cause and share and distribute more brochures or promote Dorje Shugden forum and website through facebook, twitter etc. The more awareness is created, the more we can help to lift the ban.
Btw, I have distributed another 250 brochures to nearby neighborhood. Yes!

I have distributed another 100 today which makes the total distributed (that we know of that is shared in this forum) amounting to 153,475 to date and counting!

It is actually quite a fulfilling to be able to go out there and distribute. I often print and take a stack along with me when on holiday. I find it easier to distribute when in an Asian city where Buddhism is widely accepted. I find one of these cities is Bangkok. The LOVE the thai brochures which can be printed out here:

http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=6949

It is readily accepted, in fact, the people actually love it and recognise it as a blessing! I had a wonderful time distributing while on holiday in Bangkok last year!

For me personally, I find that one thing to remember is to be mindful of where one puts it. Try not to give it the perception that it is junk mail. I  If you cannot pass it to someone directly, you can always place them on cashier counters or free distribution placement areas (that give out maps, product brochures etc). Another place I like to put is on public pay phones. And always try to have the brochures "placed" standing up (accordion stylie) with the picture of Dorje Shugden facing outwards, so even if the brochures are not taken, the seeds will be planted upon sight! Such is the powerful imprints these distribution efforts we are making.

What I also like to do is leave it on the windscreen of cars (make sure it is not raining or snowing!), once again with the picture card of Dorje Shugden open!

Dorje Pakmo

« Reply #586 on: July 02, 2012, 11:12:49 AM »
During last weekend, I managed to hand out 250 brochures. :)
DORJE PAKMO

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #587 on: July 04, 2012, 02:34:51 PM »
Last night, me and four of my friends  went to a nearby town to give out 500 brochures. We made prayers that whoever sees the brochures will get the blessings of Dorje Shugden and be guided by the Great Protector always. Yes, positive change, we want the ban to be lifted very soon. We are planning our next outing already.

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #588 on: July 15, 2012, 05:26:09 AM »
Over the two nights, distributed 1500 pcs brochures with my friends at strategic locations. We hope that by our little effort that we put in will bring benefit and protection in those areas.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #589 on: August 27, 2012, 10:36:13 AM »
The past one month I managed to distribute with my galpal, 600 brochures and 150 pendants to various people. Yesterday there was a blind person outside one of the dhamma centres, I gave him the pendant telling him it would bless him and give him the luck he needs. Maybe even open up his 'dharma' eyes to the truth.     

DharmaSpace

« Reply #590 on: December 30, 2012, 05:01:13 PM »
I was out yesterday I distributed
  50 brochures with pendants,
150 brochures,
  18 poster sized stickers,
  25 A5 poster stickers.

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #591 on: December 30, 2012, 05:49:41 PM »
Went out yesterday with some friends and distributed 60 Dorje Shugden red brochures all of town. A new meaning to painting the town red! :)

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #592 on: January 05, 2013, 05:41:56 PM »
Hello everyone! What a happy day it is!

I just got reliable news that about 2100 Dorje Shugden brochures were distributed around the world in the past week! How exciting to know that more and more people are getting to know about the great Protector!

The Dorje Shugden brochures are in many languages:
English
Mandarin
Thai
Nepalese
Vietnamese

Practitioners from around the world downloads these brochures from the Dorje Shugden website (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/downloads/promotional/free-promotional-brochure-to-download-and-print), print and then distribute to their family, friends and the public.

Personally, I am very happy to know there are so many people who cares to spread this great practice of Dorje Shugden. May the great King's practice flourish even more!

Check out below for some examples!

English Version

Mandarin Version

Nepali Version

Protector card to be included in the brochure

Instructions on how to make your own Dorje Shugden brochure
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 05:57:24 PM by Positive Change »

whitelion

« Reply #593 on: January 06, 2013, 04:48:33 PM »
I found some very interesting pictures on the internet. Someone posted a few photos that this group of Indian taking photos with some DS items, such as comic, statue and pendants. It's seems like the number of DS practitioners is growing no matter how the ban is trying to stop the lineage, which also mean no one cares about the ban (by the way, we are not Tibetan, CTA is nothing to us).

Actually we have to thanks CTA, it's because of the ban, now the whole world know about Dorje Shugden. The more CTA promote the ban, the more people will know about DS, and more people will start to learn and practice DS.

It's really brought happiness to me when I see all these photos, they might not really know what Dorje Shugden is, but they will get blessing from the Manjushri indirectly. Just imagine, when they start to chant the protector mantra, and make offerings to his holy image, how much merit they can collect in this life, they are making direct prayers and offering to Manjushri himself. As Geshe Tsultrim Gyeltsen mentioned before, none of us will achieve Boddhicitta without propitiating Manjushri. It's so blessed for any of us to make any connection to any form of Manjushri.

Again, I'm really thanks whoever is promoting DS lineage out there, I'm rejoice on what you guys have done.

Some pictures to share.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #594 on: January 13, 2013, 11:09:25 AM »
Saturday painted the town red with
500 Brochures
50 Brochures with a potent Dorje Shugden Pendant
Dorje Shugden 200 pieces
100 Large Posters

Fun! 

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #595 on: January 15, 2013, 01:37:39 PM »
More distribution news! I was told by a friend he and a few friends were out distributing brochures with pendants to the public and response was good! They managed to give out approximately 240 brochures with pendants along with other items like the comic book, DVD and laminated cards! All these items are downloadable on www.dorjeshugden.com or can be purchased online via www.shop.dorjeshugden.com.

Go print or buy today to start your distribution rounds! Bring Dorje Shugden to the whole wide world!

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #596 on: January 17, 2013, 10:06:14 PM »
Do people actually read these? Did you witness people reading these brochures? Are they not going OTT?  8)

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #597 on: January 18, 2013, 04:13:33 AM »
Do people actually read these? Did you witness people reading these brochures? Are they not going OTT?  8)

Yeah they actually do. The vegetarian shop that I frequent actually has these brochures for distribution and I do see alot of people taking it. Most of the people who took it are the middle lower class that have no clue about spirituality at all and they are burdened with the usual problems that plagues the middle lower class such as work stress and lack of finances as well as lack of a spiritual sense. Dorje Shugden's image and seeds may not immediately ripen, but when it does, they will be on the right path, and not necessarily as Gelug, but perhaps in other Buddhist schools more suited to their dispositions.

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #598 on: January 22, 2013, 09:44:15 AM »
Veg shop? You must live somewhere in Asia? So you don't live that far away from me in India. Neighbours. :o

When people read the brochures, they google and hear the advice of HHDL and not get involved with Shugden perhaps.

Yeah they actually do. The vegetarian shop that I frequent actually has these brochures for distribution and I do see alot of people taking it. Most of the people who took it are the middle lower class that have no clue about spirituality at all and they are burdened with the usual problems that plagues the middle lower class such as work stress and lack of finances as well as lack of a spiritual sense. Dorje Shugden's image and seeds may not immediately ripen, but when it does, they will be on the right path, and not necessarily as Gelug, but perhaps in other Buddhist schools more suited to their dispositions.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #599 on: January 22, 2013, 10:40:30 AM »
Veg shop? You must live somewhere in Asia? So you don't live that far away from me in India. Neighbours. :o

When people read the brochures, they google and hear the advice of HHDL and not get involved with Shugden perhaps.

I do live in asia. Well if HHDL is for them then I am sure Dorje Shugden will send them that way so that they will get benefit from it. I dont think there is any competition between Dorje Shugden and the Dalai Lama at all. After all, Dorje Shugden knows what is best for everyone and since he is an enlightened being, he will not get jealous or upset if some people are meant to be followers of the Dalai Lama, like yourself and neither will he harm anyone who is :)