Author Topic: News from Shar Gaden  (Read 138803 times)

thor

Re: News from Shar Gaden
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2010, 11:20:11 AM »
TS,

With the announcement of Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen's return, could you share what impact this is having in Shar Gaden? With everything that the monks have gone through for the past few years, this would certainly uplift them

D

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2010, 04:46:38 PM »
I asked around a little today and none of the monks here seem to have heard this news.

The general secretary of the monastery had not heard the news either.

thor

« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2010, 10:11:57 PM »
Surprising. Perhaps the news comes from Serpom then.

There are so many differing reactions to the announcement. I am curious to know how the monks view it. They would be most directly affected.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2010, 05:37:57 PM »
Here are 2 photos of one of the visiting artists painting some murals on the outside wall of the new prayer hall.
There are 3 expert thanka painters visiting the monastery right now creating a variety of art projects.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2010, 10:49:07 AM »
Just another quick update:

First, the Shar Gaden Pen-Pal Club has become a huge success! Right now there are 106 monks and 97 friends from abroad participating. There is even one senior Geshe who wanted to try the pen-pal club to help him practice his English.
What started out as a small idea has grown into a very large project. The monks love it. The friends from abroad love it as well. It is a win-win situation. The monks get to practice writing in English and thereby improve their skills, and the friends from abroad get to make a friend here at the monastery and learn a little about life here in the process.

Most of the people in the pen-pal club have received their first reply from their pen-pal monk. The monks here get so excited when we meet every day to pass out the messages. Many have never had a friend from outside of their country before. Although in the bigger picture this pen-pal club is not very important, this is making a big impact for the individual monks here.

Most of my freetime is now spent on pen-pal related activities... answering emails, sending messages, scanning letters, helping the monks with the replies etc.

I have less thasn 3 months left here, but I am trying to make the most of it while I can. My visa expires in late September, but I am already working on plans to come back here as soon as I am able. I might be able to get back here in January.

This morning I had a video interview with Zawa Tulku Rinpoche. He is making a short video about the educational program here at Shar Gaden and wanted me to give a brief overview of the activities involved. The video should be completed soon.

Well, that is all I have at the moment.

Until next time...

Much love from Shar Gaden,

Tenzin Sungrab
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 10:56:39 AM by Tenzin Sungrab »

DSFriend

« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2010, 07:19:18 AM »

This morning I had a video interview with Zawa Tulku Rinpoche. He is making a short video about the educational program here at Shar Gaden and wanted me to give a brief overview of the activities involved. The video should be completed soon.

Well, that is all I have at the moment.

Until next time...

Much love from Shar Gaden,

Tenzin Sungrab

Reading your updates from Shar Gaden is always a joy! Just wondering will the video interview with Zawa Rinpoche be made available for public on their website?

Helena

• Email
« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2010, 02:45:06 PM »
Wow TS, you are indeed doing a lot. Great to read through your updates. It brings much joy to see that you are actually with them, educating them and helping the next generation of spiritual leaders of the world. Thank you so much for your selflessness. Take good care and please do update us more. Thank you.
Helena

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2010, 04:12:20 PM »
More new construction here at Shar Gaden. This place is getting huge.
Over 750 monks and still growing.
This new construction project will house over 150 monks. It should be finished in a few months.

Zach

« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2010, 04:27:23 PM »
How wonderful TS, Question actually how much space does Shar gaden have to build upon ?
I always look forward to your updates !  :D

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2010, 04:46:38 PM »
There is still room enough for more expansion if needed.

Here is a satellite photo of the area.

Helena

• Email
« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2010, 07:47:22 PM »
I TRULY REJOICE! WOW!
Helena

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2010, 03:20:54 AM »
Today the monks are finishing their quarterly exams. The exams have been going on all week. From what I hear, all of the monks did very well. Tonight all of the teachers here will gather for a dinner to celebrate.

Helena

• Email
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2010, 06:35:03 PM »
That is really lovely - a celebration dinner! Hope every monk is happy and did very well. Much blessings to you, TS! Great work! Most inspiring!
Helena

honeydakini

« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2010, 06:47:41 PM »

It is extremely inspiring to see how big Shar Gaden has grown in such a short time. They're almost as big as Shartse and Jangtse now, in far less time!! Very exciting to see how much more they can expand too - wonderful news! Thank you T.S. as always.

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #134 on: July 18, 2010, 11:52:18 AM »

It is extremely inspiring to see how big Shar Gaden has grown in such a short time. They're almost as big as Shartse and Jangtse now, in far less time!! Very exciting to see how much more they can expand too - wonderful news! Thank you T.S. as always.

These brave monks recieve the instructions of Dorje Shugden through the Gameng Choyang Kuten Oracle in trance and they follow. Hence the great results. They always send their questions to the oracle in the United States. Dorje Shugden will give instructions through the oracle. Because of this, they are able to take giant steps without fear. Dorje Shugden's oracles are so incredible useful during this most pressing period.

The oracular institutions are so beneficial. No one wonder Trijang Rinpoche and Zong Rinpoche actively consulted throughout their lives and created new oracles that we have today. It is their blessings for a time and age when they would not be around to guide us. Dorje Shugden is here through the oracles to speak. Profoundly beneficial and incredible foresight on the parts of Kyabje Trijang and Zong Rinpoches. For those who need it, it is available.

tk