Author Topic: News from Shar Gaden  (Read 139324 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: News from Shar Gaden
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2010, 06:40:48 PM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab,

Thank you for the lovely photos of Trokhang Dechenchog. I especially like the stone relief of Dorje Shugden. However, pleasure in receiving these photos is tempered by sadness about what the caretaker monk has to endure to serve Dorje Shugden. I am sure he gains great merits for his suffering in his loyalty to the Great Protector.

Hope you are well in Shar Gaden and I look forward to your next update.

take care,
love
Kate
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

honeydakini

« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2010, 08:21:48 PM »
Regarding the political notices being put up:

Do the TGIE even have the right to do that? What jurisdiction do they have over the monastery and isn't it considered private property? They're not technically the government of the land (India is?), so what right do they have to simply go into these monasteries and do anything?

DharmaDefender

« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2010, 10:53:17 PM »
Regarding the political notices being put up:

Do the TGIE even have the right to do that? What jurisdiction do they have over the monastery and isn't it considered private property? They're not technically the government of the land (India is?), so what right do they have to simply go into these monasteries and do anything?

Hahaha then you might as well ask if they have the right to suppress Dorje Shugden's practice, when they are guests of the Indian government and therefore should abide by the Indian constitution...so if the TGIE really cared about what the Indian government thought, the ban would've been over a long time ago!

And perhaps, if the Indian government really cared about doing something about the issue, they would've ended it a long time ago as well. Having said that, one can hardly fault them since they have so many issues of their own which concern their own people.

dsnowlion

« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2010, 11:53:31 PM »
WOW! Tenzin Sungrab,

Thank you for sharing those lovely pictures of Shar Gaden! You are very fortunate to have the merits to be there and to serve the sangha directly and of course our Lord Dorje Shugden. Do keep the photos coming!!!

It is truly amazing what these monks have to endure and their courage an inspiration.

Do take care and keep us posted, it's lovely to hear from you.
Send our warm regards to the monks there.

xdsnowlion

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2010, 07:39:19 AM »
Here are 2 pictures from Trijang Ladrang. The stupa contains the relics of his body, speach and mind (eyes, tongue and heart). The inner prayer hall is currently under renovation and will be finished soon.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 10:40:10 AM by Tenzin Sungrab »

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2010, 11:01:37 AM »

I prostrate to the many Magical, Mystical, Mysterious,
Wrathful, Peaceful, Protective, Tangible and Non-Tangible forms
of the Gentle Protector Manjushri,
May Tenzin Sungrab and all beings come under your care,
Let go of all concerns for this life and the future lives,
concentrate on the most supreme which is realizing Great Bliss & Void,
Bless us with clear signs and indications that it may be so.

By Tk for Tenzin Sungrab

VS

« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2010, 12:12:41 PM »
dear tenzin sungrab, thank you very much for the lovely pictures of Trokhang DechenChog.  I really admire the monk who has been beaten up for devoting himself to taking care of the chapel and protecting the chapel and not giving up, true DS devotee! May his efforts bring forth the spread of DS teachings.

Take care
VS

WoselTenzin

« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2010, 03:59:56 PM »
My flight will be leaving for India on Friday and I will arrive at Shar Gaden on Sunday to help with the English training program. I will keep in touch as much as possible, but I have been warned that the internet cafe in town will deny me service if they know I am with Shar Gaden. Pretty sad.
I will be there for about six months, so I am sure that I will have news to share as time goes by. Classes start again May 1st, so I will have a couple of weeks to acclimate before the English classes start.

These monks are incredible for keeping so strong under such difficult circumstances. I am going there under the guise of 'helping the monks', but I have known all along that it is really me who will receive the greatest benefit. Being able to be there, standing in solidarity with our dear monks, is an opportunity for me to show support in my own limited way. This is one way for people to directly oppose the ban: cross the line, help the monks, talk to them, support them, encourage them, feed them, share with them...everything the ban says not to do. I am not big on public protests, but I will cross the line to help these monks at every chance that presented itself.

I will be in touch....

Dear Tenzin Sungrab,

Wow, I salute you for taking this journey.  I am happy to know that someone is doing something practical for the monks who stood up for their trust and belief in DS despite the most difficult circumstances. I wonder what is the reality the monks at Shar Gaden experience everyday living in the midst of a strong anti-DS environment.  Although everything may seem pretty, glamorous and brave from the outside, I am sure everything of value comes with a prize.  I will be looking forward to your reports from Shar Gaden....

DSFriend

« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2010, 06:09:40 PM »
Trokhang DechenChog is a Dorje Shugden chapel not far from Shar Gaden and is within feet of the Gaden Shartse debate ground. It is actually closer to Gaden Shartse than Shar Gaden.
 I was allowed inside yesterday and it is just amazing. I have learned a bit of the history and know that it was built by Dulzin Kuten in 1985. One monk is in charge of doing the daily pujas there and keeping the chapel safe from harm. He has been beaten up more than once due to his devotion to this chapel.

Gosh..what a degenerate time we are living in.. heartbreaking news, but it's better to be in the know of what the real situation is.

thanks and please take care TS
DSFriend

DharmaDefender

« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2010, 07:01:47 PM »
Trokhang DechenChog is a Dorje Shugden chapel not far from Shar Gaden and is within feet of the Gaden Shartse debate ground. It is actually closer to Gaden Shartse than Shar Gaden.
 I was allowed inside yesterday and it is just amazing. I have learned a bit of the history and know that it was built by Dulzin Kuten in 1985. One monk is in charge of doing the daily pujas there and keeping the chapel safe from harm. He has been beaten up more than once due to his devotion to this chapel.

Gosh..what a degenerate time we are living in.. heartbreaking news, but it's better to be in the know of what the real situation is.

thanks and please take care TS
DSFriend

It's quite sad that respect to the sangha is now just lip service for many people. Not only do they beat the sangha up, but many people indirectly disrespect their gurus as well, by not holding commitments. Geez, in fact, let's not even talk about respect for the sangha or not, but just basic human decency...why beat up anyone?

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2010, 05:10:19 AM »
Here is a picture of Tendar Tulku Rinpoche. The previous Geshe Tendar Rinpoche was a Tibetan man who was very well known for going into Mongolia and giving the Sog-te to many students. Thus, it is no surprise that his reincarnation was found in Mongolia.
The second photo shows the holy stupa outside of his ladrang.
The last photo was taken inside of his ladrang during one of my visits and shows the stupa containing his relics of body, speach and mind.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 06:51:34 AM by Tenzin Sungrab »

DharmaDefender

« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2010, 10:08:51 PM »
Here are a picture of Tendar Tulku Rinpoche. The previous Geshe Tendar Rinpoche was a Tibetan man who was very well known for going into Mongolia and giving the Sog-te to many students. Thus, it is no surprise that his reincarnation was found in Mongolia.
The second photo shows the holy stupa outside of his ladrang.
The last photo was taken inside of his ladrang during one of my visits and shows the stupa containing his relics of body, speach and mind.

Beautiful photo of Tendar Tulku Rinpoche TS, I always think young monks look so sweet. And tulkus...well, perhaps it's just my imposing value that does not exist but despite being young, to me they emanate an 'older, wiser' energy, and have a knowing look in their eyes. Anyway, thank you for being so thorough in your news to us!

DSFriend

« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2010, 05:56:04 PM »
Thank you TS for all the news and photos with descriptions which you have been sharing with us all in this forum ever since you arrived in Shar Gaden. These photos are so precious and makes it easy for us to relate to.

please take care
DSFriend

sutarmol

• Email
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2010, 06:01:00 PM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab ,

thank you for your beautiful photo of Trokhang Dechenchog , i m very sad to heard about monk get beatan because they want to proctect their practise and their heritage and i m very happy to the monks of Shar Gaden to say no to TGIE even thier life been threaten .

sutarmol

a friend

« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2010, 04:52:32 AM »

TS,
How are the computer lessons going? Did you get Word 2007 with the Tibetan fonts?
Great pics.

TK,
I just discovered a wonderful poem in the previous page.

About TGIE: poor guys, why accuse them? They are just puppets. You should read TK's post somewhere else, explaining what it entails to oppose the DL. Why do people do that, things that simple human decency forbids --as it was well pointed out-- why? Do we need to say why? You can safely assume that the beating of the monk and all other beatings, arson, stoning, discrimination, segregation, persecution to Sangha and lay people is all done by the Dalai Lama himself, since it is him that promotes those actions. Since it is him who could stop them with the blink of an eye.

LIFT THE BAN