Author Topic: News from Shar Gaden  (Read 138783 times)

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Re: News from Shar Gaden
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2010, 04:39:23 AM »
Hello friends,

I just wanted to make another quick post while I have a few extra minutes. My days are very busy here now and have only had the time to make quick updates here and there.

First, thank you to everyone for all the wonderful comments and support that have appeared in this thread. Your encouragement and kind words are much appreciated.

Although I have only been here at Shar Gaden for less than two months, I already am making plans for returning after my visa expires. There is nowhere else on earth that I would rather be than among so many friends of our sublime Protector. These monks are like family now and I truly feel that I have made a life-long connection to this precious monastery. I will do whatever I can to come back as soon as I am able.

These monks have given so much to our lineage and continue regardless of how hard it has been at times. That is the true meaning of Dharma commitment and is a never ending source of inspiration for me.
I am really just a nobody, but being amongst so many who work so very hard to practice the pure Dharma has changed me in ways hard to describe. Every day that I wake up here is a gift. I feel that all of this is due to the blessings of Gyalchen Dorje Shugden and my deep faith in him. May he always care for us with love, like a mother for her children.

Shar Gaden is a place like no other and everything these monks do here is for the benefit of ALL suffering beings who dwell in this realm.

I will continue to make updates when I have the time. Please check out the websites listed above by Duldzin. I have had a peek at the website that is still being constructed and it is very impressive. The website will provide many details about the different activities here.

With much love and gratitude from Shar Gaden,
Tenzin Sungrab

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2010, 02:25:51 AM »
Even wicked witches are sentient beings,
(unless you think they're a Buddha?),
they will have thoughts and feelings
so we cannot rejoice in their demise.

Instead we should have equanimity
and not judge their 'lies'
because we need to love them
so that we ourselves can a Buddha arise!

;)
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2010, 04:58:33 AM »
Thom, I still have 4 months left here on my visa. I am not leaving until my visa expires. I am then going to try to fly to L.A. to visit my mother. She is recovering from her mastectomy and has now started chemo.
Thank you for asking Thom. Keep her in your prayers. She is a tough lady, but sometimes I worry.
I am then going to visit my Teacher for a month or two before I try to make it back here to Shar Gaden.
May Gyalchen Dorje Shugden help keep my path free of obstacles.

Here is another quick update from Shar Gaden-

Today is the all-day Kangso here at Shar Gaden. Right now we are on break and will resume in about 10 minutes.
Last night was my first time inside the Protector House that is located to the right of the main prayer hall.
I was allowed in during one of the prayer services and was able to see the monks in action devoting prayers to Dorje Shugden.

Below is one of the huge thankas just outside of the Protector house. It is over 12 feet high and was a gift from Kuten Lama.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 05:26:40 AM by Tenzin Sungrab »

DSFriend

« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2010, 05:49:52 AM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab

Thank you for sharing the picture of the the thangkha! Beautiful, grand, holy!
Will be keeping you in my prayers.

rejoicing at your virtuous works..
DSFriend

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2010, 05:27:50 PM »
Here is a picture of the monks getting ready for Kangso this morning. The prayers started at 6am and went on until 10pm tonite. I was not there for the whole service (I had classes most of the afternoon), but I was able to sit in the morning sesson.
You can see part of the beautiful offerings in the background. The Umtze (chant-master) is seated on the higher seat in front of the offerings.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 05:39:01 PM by Tenzin Sungrab »

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2010, 05:32:48 PM »
Here is a picture on the gate of Gaden Jangste warning people about the family in camp 4 that are Dorje Shugden practitioners and people should not go to their shop in camp 4. I took this photo yesterday.
Very sad that this is the first thing you see upon entering such a beautiful monastery.

thor

« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2010, 11:49:47 PM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab,

I will echo everyone else on this thread and thank you for your updates from Shar Gaden. My spirits lifted when I saw the photos of the monks at puja, and the thangka from Kuten-la. And sank when I saw the letter at Gaden Jangtse.

When you have time, please do continue to drop us a photo or news tidbit - I look forward to your posts always.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2010, 01:13:23 AM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab,

I will echo everyone else on this thread and thank you for your updates from Shar Gaden. My spirits lifted when I saw the photos of the monks at puja, and the thangka from Kuten-la. And sank when I saw the letter at Gaden Jangtse.

When you have time, please do continue to drop us a photo or news tidbit - I look forward to your posts always.

i echo Dulzin... the letter at Jangtse is so contradictory to Buddhism, which unites and brings harmony. Very sad.

I rejoice in your work, Tenzin Sungrab, and the Dharma work you are doing will help your mother much much more than anything you could have done in the secular world. You are very fortunate that your mother understands this too. Please stay well and I look forward to your updates.

Much love,
Kate
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2010, 07:26:25 AM »
Picture of Gaden Trisur Rinpoche, Jetsun Lungrik Namgyal on the throne in the main prayer hall of Shar Gaden.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2010, 07:38:55 AM »
This is a picture of Trisur Ladrang (residential house of Gaden Trisur Rinpoche Jetsun Lungrik Namgyal)taken from the roof of the main prayer hall of Shar Gaden. He is currently in France and many monks are taking care of his ladrang while he is away.

This second picture is a view of Trisur Ladrang from the front.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 07:53:32 AM by Tenzin Sungrab »

DSFriend

« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2010, 11:30:46 AM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab,

i shared exactly the same feelings....

DSFriend

« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2010, 11:34:24 AM »
Picture of Gaden Trisur Rinpoche, Jetsun Lungrik Namgyal on the throne in the main prayer hall of Shar Gaden.

May Gaden Trisur Rinpoche live long and continue to turn the wheel of Dharma

with folded hands
DSFriend

DharmaDefender

« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2010, 07:46:26 PM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab,

i echo Dulzin... the letter at Jangtse is so contradictory to Buddhism, which unites and brings harmony. Very sad.

I rejoice in your work, Tenzin Sungrab, and the Dharma work you are doing will help your mother much much more than anything you could have done in the secular world. You are very fortunate that your mother understands this too. Please stay well and I look forward to your updates.

Much love,
Kate

I find it a little insulting (and disturbing!) that the Tibetan government can intrude on a holy place of worship, to put up political notices. Proof definite that being Tibetan doesn't make you a Buddhist!

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2010, 07:59:41 AM »
 Trokhang DechenChog is a Dorje Shugden chapel not far from Shar Gaden and is within feet of the Gaden Shartse debate ground. It is actually closer to Gaden Shartse than Shar Gaden.
 I was allowed inside yesterday and it is just amazing. I have learned a bit of the history and know that it was built by Dulzin Kuten in 1985. One monk is in charge of doing the daily pujas there and keeping the chapel safe from harm. He has been beaten up more than once due to his devotion to this chapel.

I will add more photos as soon as I have more time.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 08:04:34 AM by Tenzin Sungrab »

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2010, 12:47:13 PM »

Monks can be beaten up?

Monks can be beaten up for protecting a heritage, place of worship and a place that is historical to Gaden?

Amazingly degenerate times.

Tenzin Sungrab, I thank you for posting such disturbing yet necessary news for us to know.

I send you my prayers and support.

TK