Author Topic: News from Shar Gaden  (Read 139350 times)

DharmaSpace

Re: News from Shar Gaden
« Reply #315 on: June 15, 2011, 01:59:39 PM »
Happy Saka Dawa day to everyone on the forum also.

@tenzin sungrab wow you're fortunate to be able to go to Phegyeling Monastery in Nepal and viti the holy Dorje Shugden statue that was hand made by the Dalai Lama. I can only view it in pictures for now. Is dorje Shugden practice practiced freely and openly in Nepal?

Will you have access to a video cam again , would be great if you made a video when you head to Phegyeling Monastery.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #316 on: June 15, 2011, 02:57:09 PM »
As far as I know, the practice of Dorje Shugden is not as open as one would hope, although Phegyeling is open about the their commitment to our Protector. The TGIE still wields considerable influence in Nepal.

I no longer has access to a video camera, but will definately be taking many pictures.

I will be bringing some gifts and messages from friends here at Shar Gaden for the 7 monks who came from Tibet. These 7 are the monks who traveled from Tibet with the hope of coming here to Shar Gaden. There were denied entry into India due to interference by the Tibetan Refugee Center. There were 8 of them, but one of them was so discouraged that he has since returned to Tibet.

If any of you would like to send a short message of encouragement to these monks, send it to me in a PM and I will print it out and bring it with me to present to these monks. Even a few words of encouragement may help these monks see that they have many friends who are thinking of them.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #317 on: June 15, 2011, 05:05:02 PM »
As far as I know, the practice of Dorje Shugden is not as open as one would hope, although Phegyeling is open about the their commitment to our Protector. The TGIE still wields considerable influence in Nepal.

I no longer has access to a video camera, but will definately be taking many pictures.

I will be bringing some gifts and messages from friends here at Shar Gaden for the 7 monks who came from Tibet. These 7 are the monks who traveled from Tibet with the hope of coming here to Shar Gaden. There were denied entry into India due to interference by the Tibetan Refugee Center. There were 8 of them, but one of them was so discouraged that he has since returned to Tibet.

If any of you would like to send a short message of encouragement to these monks, send it to me in a PM and I will print it out and bring it with me to present to these monks. Even a few words of encouragement may help these monks see that they have many friends who are thinking of them.

So far I have received many messages from members of the other Duldzin forum. The more messages I can bring to these monks, the bigger impact it may have on their morale. I will bring any messages from members of this forum as well, if anyone here is interested.  :)

thor

« Reply #318 on: June 15, 2011, 05:17:56 PM »
Hi Tenzin Sungrab,

When do you leave for Pelgyeling? I have some dharma brothers who wish to convey a message to the monks there, but they have yet to compose it.

Mana

« Reply #319 on: June 15, 2011, 05:30:02 PM »
Dear Dharma  brothers (8 monks),

We are very distressed by your plight yet we are inspired by your courage. We are offerings prayers to Shugden for good news to arrive to your ears. You have travelled so far from Tibet to be blocked to your destination in Nepal because of religious politics by the Tibetan Govt. You are banned from entering the monastery of your choice only because you practice Dorje Shugden. Pure discrimination. I am sure Dorje Shugden has a purpose for you. As you are sangha, it is not polite or proper for me to advise you, but may I humbly say, please do not lose hope.

This website will be sending you some money to hold you over while you are in Nepal. We will offering money to you through our contacts in Nepal. We hope our offering can be used for you to buy what is necessary for your stay in Nepal. The offering is an offering from our Website and a symbol of our devotion to Shugden and your plight.

We ask you since you are monks to please bless this website that it may reach many and bring information on Dorje Shugden to increase and spread the practice. Everyone at this website works very hard and very devotedly for Dorje Shugden with only one agenda-to bring knowledge of Shugden to as many as possible. We also wish the ban to be removed. Please say prayers to bless all of us at this website that we continue our works here and all members who contribute to this website in any way. We thank you ahead of time.

Much respect and folded hands,

Mana

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #320 on: June 15, 2011, 05:34:27 PM »

We are very distressed by your plight yet we are inspired by your courage. We are offerings prayers to Shugden for good news to arrive to your ears. You have travelled so far from Tibet to be blocked to your destination in Nepal because of religious politics by the Tibetan Govt. You are banned from entering the monastery of your choice only because you practice Dorje Shugden. Pure discrimination. I am sure Dorje Shugden has a purpose for you. As you are sangha, it is not polite or proper for me to advise you, but may I humbly say, please do not lose hope.

This website will be sending you some money to hold you over while you are in Nepal. We will offering money to you through our contacts in Nepal. We hope our offering can be used for you to buy what is necessary for your stay in Nepal. The offering is an offering from our Website and a symbol of our devotion to Shugden and your plight.

We ask you since you are monks to please bless this website that it may reach many and bring information on Dorje Shugden to increase and spread the practice. Everyone at this website works very hard and very devotedly for Dorje Shugden with only one agenda-to bring knowledge of Shugden to as many as possible. We also wish the ban to be removed. Please say prayers to bless all of us at this website that we continue our works here and all members who contribute to this website in any way. We thank you ahead of time.

Mana

The monks are staying in Phelgye Ling Monastery in Swayambunath, Nepal. They still have not recieved their necessary papers to enter India. All 8 monks originate from the Chatreng District, Kham, Tibet. They are from the same area as the previous Trijang Rinpoche.

I will donate some money to this website. If you can combine my donation for them together with yours please and deliver the offering money to them. It would be easier as you have contacts in Nepal. I thank you and will private message details to this website.

TK

« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 05:36:39 PM by Mana »

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #321 on: June 15, 2011, 05:37:13 PM »

Mana

I leave in 7 days. I will print this out and present it to the brave monks when I get there!
I will also be bringing a few gifts- rare pictures of Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang, Dorje Shugden, Yamantaka.

Thank you so much! I will keep you posted when I am there.

Mana

« Reply #322 on: June 15, 2011, 05:37:58 PM »
Dear TK,

It would be our pleasure to make the monetary offerings together to these 8 sangha members.

Prayers,

Mana

Mana

« Reply #323 on: June 15, 2011, 05:39:07 PM »

I leave in 7 days. I will print this out and present it to the brave monks when I get there!
I will also be bringing a few gifts- rare pictures of Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang, Dorje Shugden, Yamantaka.

Thank you so much! I will keep you posted when I am there.

Thank you very much. Also, if you need more pictures, there are many pictures on this website (gallery) you may print out in Nepal if you need.

Mana

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #324 on: June 15, 2011, 07:51:36 PM »

Mana

Was just thinking that this is a message that you should probably deliver yourself. Since you have contacts in Nepal, and are offering money from this website, I don't want to give them the impression that I am representing this website in any way. I think it is better if I collect messages from individuals instead of the website as an entity.

I will continue to collect the personal messages from the other forum, and maybe Mana, TK can send the message above to your contacts in Nepal.

If individuals wish to have me pass the monks a few words of encouragement, send me a message.

thaimonk

« Reply #325 on: June 15, 2011, 08:03:31 PM »

Mana

The people on this website are so generous. So supportive. It's incredible when I think about it. All of you give so much and to so many of Dorje Shugden Monasteries and students.

Now you are even making donations to these 8 monks to contribute to their cause. I think that is so great. I wish I was going to Nepal and can meet the monks directly. If I do, I would be happy to bring the monks gifts and offerings from anyone. I think the monks will need financial support very much having travelled from Tibet to Nepal. Buying basics will be necessary at this time and their further travel to India after getting their papers.  So the offerings are very timely. The offerings to them will be a clear message that there are people who care and will do something about it. How inspiring.

Thanks for your kind support to Shugden's cause like a ray of light in the darkness.  :)

« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 08:23:27 PM by Mana »

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #326 on: June 15, 2011, 08:31:56 PM »
Dear TK,

It would be our pleasure to make the monetary offerings together to these 8 sangha members.

Prayers,

Mana

I have sent you a private message. I do not have specific message to the 8 monks from Chatreng in Nepal. I think when they recieve financial offerings from everyone, the message will be loud and clear which is there are practitioners that care and support their cause.

They will most likely need new robes, bus tickets to India later on, medical check up, shoes, coats (if cold in Nepal now- I don't know the weather there now), and some dharma texts for study in Nepal while they are waiting. I will donate toward all of this. Please see my private message.

You do not need to mention my name. The important thing is they recieve financial support for their courage and devotion. It is about them. Truly inpirational.

I pray they can enter the Monastery of their choice soon.

Thanks for arranging everything.

TK
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 08:50:45 PM by Mana »

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #327 on: June 15, 2011, 08:46:33 PM »
If there are any replies to the personal messages that will be presented to the monks, I will scan them and post them here

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #328 on: June 17, 2011, 07:24:02 AM »
This would be a wonderful print and online magazine. I sincerely hope this magazine to be produced by Shar Gaden Monastery will come to fruitioning very soon.

TK

I have been scanning the Shar Gaden Magazine and will post some of the contents soon. The text is in Tibetan, but many drawing by the monks are also included.

A few of the poems were written by one of the Rinpoches here. Very cool stuff!

kris

« Reply #329 on: September 15, 2011, 12:25:00 PM »
I'm really glad to see the monks in Shar Gaden are using internet to spread the teachings! Same here in Bangkok, you can see a lot of monks go the Pantip Plaza (the biggest IT center in Bangkok). With internet, youtube, facebook, twitter, etc, we now can get 1st hand information from the monastery!

I'm also very glad to see many high lamas are now learning English to help spreading the teaching faster and wider! :)

Thank you for everyone who post the nice photos here!