Author Topic: News from Shar Gaden  (Read 138810 times)

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Re: News from Shar Gaden
« Reply #225 on: January 04, 2011, 08:46:03 AM »
Hello friends,
I am back here at Shar Gaden to begin teaching English again. I have a 10 year visa now and have already made a 2 year commitment to the monastery. There is nowhere on this planet that I would rather be.
I faced many obstacles getting back here, but now that I am here I can get back to work where I left off. I will keep you updated when I get the time.

:)I just saw Domo Rinpoche this morning. What a blessing.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #226 on: January 04, 2011, 08:57:37 AM »
Hello friends,
I am back here at Shar Gaden to begin teaching English again. I have a 10 year visa now and have already made a 2 year commitment to the monastery. There is nowhere on this planet that I would rather be.
I faced many obstacles getting back here, but now that I am here I can get back to work where I left off. I will keep you updated when I get the time.

Blessing indeed! Happy to hear you're back in Shar Gaden and excellent that you have a 10 year visa! How lucky you are to serve the Sangha! I look forward to your updates!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Zach

« Reply #227 on: January 04, 2011, 03:05:53 PM »
Hello friends,

Thank goodness we will be able to have your updates again i was begining to miss them  :)

WisdomBeing

« Reply #228 on: January 05, 2011, 07:40:38 AM »
Here are some beautiful shots from the Shar Gaden Winter Debate 2010... (thank you Shar Gaden for sharing them).

Helena

• Email
« Reply #229 on: January 10, 2011, 07:30:23 AM »
To TS - So happy for you that you are back "home". Please do keep us updated. It is always such a pleasure reading your updates and especially, your "video journals".

TO WB - THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting those beautiful pictures. So lovely.

Keep them coming  :)
Helena

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #230 on: January 10, 2011, 08:40:39 AM »
Last night, a few friends and I went to visit Trijang Ladrang. A monk friend and two of his students made over 100 Dorje Shugden tsa tsas using many holy relics from Trijang Rinpoche. My friend is going to be painting them today. I will see if I can get a picture. Unfortunately my camera was damaged during my travels so I will see if I can use a friends camera.

The 100+ new monks that arrived here a few months ago are progressing very quickly in their studies. Most of them have already memorised the prayers for their daily morning puja and are now up to speed with their peers.

I start classes in one week and can't wait to get started again. Many of the older students have requested that I start a nightly drop-in class so that they may learn English is their free time. The eagerness to learn is very inspiring.

The clinic is scheduled to be completed by June. This will be a valuable resourse as monks are often turned away from the clinic in near camp 3 due to being from Shar Gaden.

There are also plans to build more classrooms when the construction of the clinic is completed. Some of the morning classes are temporarily being held in the debate hall due to lack of space.

This is such an exciting time to be here at Shar Gaden. So much activity and growth happening everywhere you look.

triesa

« Reply #231 on: January 12, 2011, 04:00:54 PM »

The clinic is scheduled to be completed by June. This will be a valuable resourse as monks are often turned away from the clinic in near camp 3 due to being from Shar Gaden.

Dear TS

It is great to hear that Shar Ganden will  have its own clinic soon. This will definitely be of great benefit to the monks there.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #232 on: January 12, 2011, 04:50:19 PM »
Here are some pics of Shar Gaden clinic and their Tibetan doctor Tenzin Donsang.. and even a pic of their medicine shelf! Also here are a couple of pics of Dr John Mathew who gives free medical treatment to the monks.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #233 on: January 14, 2011, 10:34:59 AM »
This is very good news to know that the people who in the future will be preserving the Ganden Tradition have access to good medical care.  :)

Though I know that the Tibetans also have a pretty sophisticated medicine system, so does that mean the monastics do not engage in the study of Tibetan medicine at all?

Mana

« Reply #234 on: January 14, 2011, 07:59:46 PM »
Great news that Shar Gaden is progressing towards self-sustainability. When the Tibetan government ordered Shugden monks to leave Gaden Monastery, they never thought the Shugden monks will susrvive, let alone thriving!

The Tibetan government can't do anything now, and Shugden monks can practice freely and openly in their own monastery with good facilities.

What a rejoicing news for the birth of the Shugden lineage!

Zach

« Reply #235 on: January 14, 2011, 10:21:50 PM »
Great news that Shar Gaden is progressing towards self-sustainability. When the Tibetan government ordered Shugden monks to leave Gaden Monastery, they never thought the Shugden monks will susrvive, let alone thriving!

The Tibetan government can't do anything now, and Shugden monks can practice freely and openly in their own monastery with good facilities.

I somehow dont think they counted on the monks receiving any protection from anyone ( The TGIE ) they very much under estimated The Dharmapala Dorje shugden he protects his followers like a father with his child, Adverse karma may befall but the Dharmapala softens the blow and creates positive conditions for us to work with...sort of like our 2 new monastrys  ;D

Helena

• Email
« Reply #236 on: January 15, 2011, 12:51:01 AM »

Again, this is real living proof that no matter what happens WE, the Shugden Lineage Holders, WILL SURVIVE AND CONTINUE.

With our consistent and persistent efforts, we will show the world just how powerful our Supreme Protector is.

I think this is something every Shugdenpa should rejoice because it makes all our hardships and suffering through all the challenging times worth while. 

Helena

WisdomBeing

« Reply #237 on: January 15, 2011, 10:09:46 AM »
With Shar Gaden and Serpom Monasteries growing and developing well, i wonder if it indicates that there will be a separate Shugden lineage which will be an offshoot from the current Gelugpa tradition.

The new incarnations of great masters like Trijang Rinpoche, Domo Geshe Rinpoche and others are already in these monasteries, along with the great Gaden Trisur. As everything is impermanent, it is highly possible that a new school of Buddhism will arise, based on Tsongkhapa's teachings but with Dorje Shugden as the Dharma Protector.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #238 on: January 16, 2011, 03:31:57 PM »
Geshe Thubten Trinley finished with his cycle of Teachings today. Tomorrow is a break, and then Tuesday Geshe-la will finish with the remaining Sogte initiations. Wednesday the monastery will be offering a long-life puja to Geshe-la that will be attended by monks from Shar Gaden, Serpom, as well as many visitors from all over the world.

pgdharma

« Reply #239 on: January 16, 2011, 03:46:27 PM »
Geshe Thubten Trinley finished with his cycle of Teachings today. Tomorrow is a break, and then Tuesday Geshe-la will finish with the remaining Sogte initiations. Wednesday the monastery will be offering a long-life puja to Geshe-la that will be attended by monks from Shar Gaden, Serpom, as well as many visitors from all over the world.

Thank you Tenzin Sungrab for sharing this information with us. I rejoice to know that many visitors from all over the world will be joining the monks from Shar Gaden, Serpom, to offer a long life puja to Geshe la.