Author Topic: News from Shar Gaden  (Read 139329 times)

DSFriend

Re: News from Shar Gaden
« Reply #210 on: October 22, 2010, 08:22:33 PM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab

Thank you for the photos and all. Keep up the good work in Shar Gaden!

take care
dsfriend

I am actually not at Shar at the moment. I am in L.A. visiting my sick mother. I will be returning to Shar in January. I do keep in daily contact with Shar Gaden though.

My prayers for your mom and all to go well for your continuous work in Dharma!

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #211 on: October 22, 2010, 08:57:11 PM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab

take care
dsfriend

I am actually not at Shar at the moment. I am in L.A. visiting my sick mother. I will be returning to Shar in January. I do keep in daily contact with Shar Gaden though.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Many people have been sending prayers her way and we appreciate every bit of it.

I myself have had some serious struggles this past month, but what helped get me back on track and feeling strong again was thinking about my unfinished work at Shar Gaden and how I made a promise to return and I do not want to let them down. Although my mother is my priority right now, getting back to Shar Gaden is my most important goal. I just applied to renew my passport and should be able to get my visa as soon as the passport comes in the mail. The monastery gave me a very official looking invitation letter to give to the Indian embassy to help facilitate getting a student visa so that I may stay longer next time. My plan is to stay at least a year. I pray every day to our Protector to help clear all obstacles to me getting back there. So far, He has been very instrumental in helping me clear obstacles in my mind that have slowed me down.

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #212 on: October 22, 2010, 10:25:44 PM »
I myself have had some serious struggles this past month, but what helped get me back on track and feeling strong again was thinking about my unfinished work at Shar Gaden and how I made a promise to return and I do not want to let them down... I pray every day to our Protector to help clear all obstacles to me getting back there. So far, He has been very instrumental in helping me clear obstacles in my mind that have slowed me down.

Dear Tenzin Sungrab,
Please continue your work in Shar Gaden that will help the monks there to learn English and they will be able to share the precious teachings of Lord Tsongkhapa with the world.

With your good motivation of benefitting the monks and your will to go back, I am sure the protector will help you clear your obstacles. I pray that your return to the monastery will be swift.

triesa

« Reply #213 on: October 23, 2010, 04:17:24 PM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab,

Whatever you experienced that pull you down, I am happy to hear that you are back up on your feet again. Your faith in DS will sure stablise your situation.

At times I also feel like a deflated balloon, but whenever I think of Dorje Shugden, I know I cannot let him down as our dear protector has been so kind and compassionate to me.

Much prayers..... to you and your mother.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #214 on: October 24, 2010, 04:51:17 AM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab,

I echo everyone else here who wishes you well in your trip back to Shar Gaden. It is such a privilege to serve the holy Sangha and earn merits which you can dedicate to your mother's health. I am glad to hear that you have overcome your obstacles - life is always full of ups and downs and it is up to us to make the best of it. I am sure that your sincere faith in Dorje Shugden will help clear any further obstacles - as long as you do your part, Dorje Shugden will surely do his.

Warmest wishes for your Dharma journey!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

lightning

« Reply #215 on: October 24, 2010, 06:26:32 AM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab

take care
dsfriend

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Many people have been sending prayers her way and we appreciate every bit of it.

I myself have had some serious struggles this past month, but what helped get me back on track and feeling strong again was thinking about my unfinished work at Shar Gaden and how I made a promise to return and I do not want to let them down. Although my mother is my priority right now, getting back to Shar Gaden is my most important goal. I just applied to renew my passport and should be able to get my visa as soon as the passport comes in the mail. The monastery gave me a very official looking invitation letter to give to the Indian embassy to help facilitate getting a student visa so that I may stay longer next time. My plan is to stay at least a year. I pray every day to our Protector to help clear all obstacles to me getting back there. So far, He has been very instrumental in helping me clear obstacles in my mind that have slowed me down.

I rejoice for your meritorious actions in helping Shar Garden Monastery.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #216 on: October 27, 2010, 08:41:42 AM »
More news from Shar Gaden:

Recently, the first day of the first half yearly examination started for both senior and junior monks. The subjects of the exams are the Five Great Scriptures or texts which are studied in the Monastery.

They are :
(1) Abhidharma Kosha
(2) Parmanavartika
(3) Abhisamaya Alamkara
(4) Madhyamika
(5) Vinaya (Root Sutra) by Buddha Shakyamuni
and also commentaries by other Indian and Tibetan masters and modern education such as English Tibetan grammar, mathematics,drawing and handwriting etc

WisdomBeing

« Reply #217 on: October 28, 2010, 08:39:47 AM »
Watch this video - the Annual Yangdup Puja 2010 - Shar Gaden

Small | Large

triesa

« Reply #218 on: November 02, 2010, 03:03:24 PM »
Watch this video - the Annual Yangdup Puja 2010 - Shar Gaden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTFViutX-Mc

Dear Wisdom Being,

Thank you for sharing. The monks prepared very extensive and beautiful offerings. Do you know what Yangdup Puja is for?

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #219 on: November 03, 2010, 04:22:42 PM »
Life entrustment initiation of Dorje Shugden to be granted by Geshe Thubten Rinpoche starting
Wednesday, December 22 at 5:00am 

What a rare opportunity.

I am changing my travel plans so that I may be back at Shar Gaden to attend this event.

DSFriend

« Reply #220 on: November 04, 2010, 04:57:57 AM »
Dear TS

We all face obstacles but focusing on others is the only way to help us over come our own maras. I'm glad to hear of your visa applications etc to get back to shar gaden. Being able to contribute in meaningful and beneficial ways truly brings happiness...

wishing you well always
dsfriend

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #221 on: November 06, 2010, 02:51:10 PM »

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #222 on: December 02, 2010, 05:46:17 AM »
Short video I made of scenes from Shar Gaden with Dorje Shugden's holy mantra.

Small | Large

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #223 on: December 02, 2010, 05:47:12 AM »
Short ideo I made of scenes from Shar Gaden with Dorje Shugden's holy mantra.

Small | Large

triesa

« Reply #224 on: December 08, 2010, 12:36:31 AM »
Thank you Tenzin Sungrab for the nice and sweet video of Shar Gaden.