Author Topic: News from Shar Gaden  (Read 138796 times)

DSFriend

Re: News from Shar Gaden
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2010, 05:25:38 PM »

New construction has begun for added monks quarters due to the overcrowding here at the monastery. Right now some of the tiny rooms house up to 4 monks. There are almost 700 monks who call Shar Gaden home now.
I have pictures of the construction that I will post on my blog soon.

Real glad to know that Shar Gaden now is home to 700 monks! What would have happened to these 700 monks if Shar Gaden didn't exist! ...

Take care dear Tenzin Sungrab
DSfriend

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2010, 04:30:59 AM »

Here are a couple of pictures of the 3 very nice computers we were able to purchase thanks to the kind help of T.K and another kind sponsor. We will be having our first computer class in a few days and I will be sure to take a few pictures so that you all can see the systems in use. We are all very excited.

Tonight is my first tutoring lesson using the laptop and I can already see how this is going to make everything I do a lot easier.

Thanks for everything T.K. and T.A. !!!!!!!!!!! You are both gems of our beautiful lineage.

I will write more later about the construction and the growing population here.

Much love from Shar Gaden.
T.S.

Zach

« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2010, 07:58:16 AM »
I cant express how happy i am that the monks have a home such as Shar gaden now !
And i cant express how pleased i am that a kind one such as you is giving great benifit to these kind monks !
Also well done to the kind benifactors for providing money, Im very pleased...

Rejoicing Dance  :)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2010, 09:58:55 PM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab,

Thank you for posting the beautiful pictures of the computers for Shar Gaden.

It was a great honour to be part of the sponsorship of this. I thank you for alerting me to this and giving me the opportunity.

Much prayers and appreciation to you,

TK

DSFriend

« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2010, 04:25:45 AM »
Wonderful news!! Thank you for posting the pictures up and all who have contributed towards making this happen. Awesome and all the best TS.

with folded hands to all
DSfriend

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2010, 11:16:07 AM »

Here are a couple of photos taken during our first computer class today at Shar Gaden. We met in the library for 2 hours to learn the basics of computers as well as a few Tibetan software programs. The monks were very interested and had many good questions to ask.

The last picture was taken in my room during a tutoring session last night with one of the monks.

Thanks again to T.K. and T.A. for your help with your kind sponsorship. You are both in our dedication prayers.

With much love from Shar Gaden.
Tenzin Sungrab
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 11:18:02 AM by Tenzin Sungrab »

Zach

« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2010, 02:48:59 PM »
Rejoicing dance !  :)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2010, 03:03:36 PM »
Fantastic pictures and nice short updates. Thank you so much Tenzin Sungrab.

Much good wishes,

TK

thor

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2010, 09:03:41 PM »
Thank you Tenzin Sungrab!

Along with the development of English and computer skills at Shar Gaden, I am happy to note that Shar Gaden is starting to create a presence online.

http://www.facebook.com/people/Shar-Gaden-Monastery/1639429371
http://shargadenpa.org/
http://shargadenmonastery.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/shargaden

Let the world see what the monks of Shar Gaden are doing, how hard they are working. Let all be inspired by their unshakeable faith and loyalty.

dsnowlion

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2010, 09:18:40 PM »
Hello & Thank you Tenzin Sungrab for all your wonderful updates on Shar Gaden!!!

Thank you TK & TA for your kind generosity.

I truly rejoice in what I read on this thread!!! It is so wonderful to see real Dharma in action and more of this is exactly what we all need :)

Tenzin Sungrab you are a gem for doing what you are doing in Shar Gaden teaching all the monks. It is such a great honor and privilege to be able to serve the Sangha community and what a great way to repay the kindness of our great beloved protector Dorje Shugden. 

xdsnowlion

Midakpa

« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2010, 11:56:07 PM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab,

I have followed your progress from the beginning and I'm very happy that things are working out so well for you. This is due to the blessings of the protector because of the work you are doing. Do keep us updated.

Best Wishes,

Midakpa

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2010, 07:02:06 AM »
Here are a couple of photos of the construction going on here at Shar Gaden to make more room for the growing population here.

I will post more pictures soon.

honeydakini

« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2010, 09:50:52 AM »
Tenzin Sungrab, thanks for the photos and updates. I understand you're very busy there and have packed days so it is very kind of you to take time out to take photos and update all of us on the forum.

I am excited and very happy to hear of expansion at Shar Gaden in so many ways - both physically in the buildings and also in their work, via the computers and studying of English and IT lessons from you.

Thank you for what you're doing, which we cannot do at this time.

HD xx

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2010, 10:01:01 AM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab,

How lovely to see the photos from Shar Gaden that you have shared... and the wonderful work that you are doing, supported by the generosity of sponsors like TK and TA. IT (and English) is an important skill for the monks to acquire in order to communicate with the world outside of the monastery and for their studies. And you are providing both!

Through supporting Shar Gaden, you are creating the causes for Dorje Shugden to spread in the future. Please keep up the good work on our behalf...

Much love and gratitude,
Kate
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2010, 11:18:44 PM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab,

Thank you very much for showing us by being a great example in supporting & promoting the holy doctrine of Je Rinpoche & protector Dorje Shugden - by being there daily to teach the monk, and also by updating the Shugden community online here for us to rejoice.

I also rejoice that by you being there and by communicating with the community here, TK & TA have sponsored the computers that are needed for the classes.

I look forward to read more updates from you. Please keep up the good work!