Author Topic: Dorje Shugden pendant - suppliers?  (Read 26252 times)

Yeshe

• Email
Dorje Shugden pendant - suppliers?
« on: March 13, 2010, 03:23:19 PM »
Hi.

A few years ago it was possible to buy a silver or brass pendant from NKT shops.  In fatc they had 2 types - the Vajrayogini mantra rosary and the Dorje Shugden type.  They were coin shaped and around an inch (2.5 cms) in diameter.

The Dorje Shugden one had a banner with his mantra on it and a vajra.

I've tried web searches but can't find a Dorje Shugden pendant/amulet anywhere.

Does anyone know where I may source one please?

Thanks. :)
A compassionate mind cannot be penetrated by anger or attachment.

thor

Re: Dorje Shugden pendant - suppliers?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 09:53:23 PM »
Hi Yeshe,

You may be interested in this. I got a friend to custom-make this for me. Its made specially to order so it takes a while, about a month or so to complete. It is pure silver and very well made. If you'd like to find out more, drop me a message.

dsnowlion

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 10:04:22 PM »
Hi.

A few years ago it was possible to buy a silver or brass pendant from NKT shops.  In fatc they had 2 types - the Vajrayogini mantra rosary and the Dorje Shugden type.  They were coin shaped and around an inch (2.5 cms) in diameter.

The Dorje Shugden one had a banner with his mantra on it and a vajra.

I've tried web searches but can't find a Dorje Shugden pendant/amulet anywhere.

Does anyone know where I may source one please?

Thanks

OMG Wow! This Dorje Shugden pendant is really really nice!
Can you please let us know how much this cost?? I would really like to get one :)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 10:10:54 PM »

Fantastic Dorje Shugden pendant!!!And it is pure silver which should be quite affordable for many ppl.

I would like to get around 8 pieces to give away to friends and of course get one for myself.

Very nice....can you give us more details, price etc? I want to order.

Do Start a new thread on this if you don't mind, it is wonderful.

Thank you for sharing.

TK

thor

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 10:12:59 PM »
DSnowlion:

Prices will vary as shipping charges change depending on your location in relation to the maker's location. If you're serious about getting one, send me a private message with details of where you would like the item to be delivered.

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 10:59:38 PM »
I bought a few pendants recently from an online store called Kechara eshop. They have a range of designs with various deities. You can check them out at http://www.kechara.com/eshop/

I got some of their new designs with precious stones. They also have more plain looking ones (silver, alloy, white gold etc) for daily wear. I don't see any Dorje Shugden pendants, but may be you can ask them.

Their prices are very affordable, plains ones around USD80+ and stones ones are about USD100- USD150. The workmanship & quality is very good, perhaps it's because the shop is under a lama - Tsem Tulku's organisation. I got to know about the shop from his Youtubes teachings.

Anyway, these are the ones that I bought.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 11:07:15 PM by Vajraprotector »

dsnowlion

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 11:09:46 PM »
I bought a few pendants recently from an online store called Kechara eshop. They have a range of designs with various deities. You can check them out at http://www.kechara.com/eshop/

I got some of their new designs with precious stones. They also have more plain looking ones (silver, alloy, white gold etc) for daily wear. I don't see any Dorje Shugden pendants, but may be you can ask them.

Their prices are very affordable, plains ones around USD50+ and stones ones are about USD100- USD150. The workmanship & quality is very good, perhaps it's because the shop is under a lama - Tsem Tulku's organisation. I got to know about the shop from his Youtubes teachings.

Anyway, these are the ones that I bought.

Oh that's very affordable! Thank you for the price details. They are absolutely FABULOUS!!! I've taken a quick look at the e-shop u mentioned. Wow they've got loads of stuff there. And the Vajrayogini fabulous pendant is only USD168!!! Heya thank you for introducing to us this e-shop! 

X

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 11:57:18 PM »

Very well crafted pendants. It is a once in a lifetime gift for special ppl in my life.

Thanks for posting. I am going to order from this link. I love the Vajra Yogini pendants. Stunning quality! Dharma 'jewellery' has gone many levels up.

TK

Geronimo

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 01:40:32 AM »
Me too!
I love the Vajrayoginni and Je T'song Khapa!
Such a delight!
Makes my cheeks rosy,
Everytime I remember,
Dorje Shugden
tc

ps does anyone know where the Dorje Shugden Music might be found?
I had some tapes from Taiwan or someplace that were very,very nice
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 04:31:00 AM by Lhakpa Gyaltshen »

Yeshe

• Email
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 11:25:45 AM »
Wow..  Thanks for all the replies. Wonderful! :)

Lee Dhi

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 05:22:36 PM »
Yeshe, thanks for asking and Duldzin, thanks for providing the fantastic solutions!

The pendants are beautiful, especially the rare Dorje Shugden ones. I love the Snow Lion: really detailed and beautiful. I showed the images to some friends who are not familiar with Buddhadharma and they were very impressed and attracted to the design. In fact, many accepted when I offered the pendants to them as gifts...so now, I definitely have to make orders with you Duldzin  :)

Actually, offering these affordable pendants as gifts to family and friends could be a good way to spread the Dharma too. How exciting it is to have so many ways of touching the people we care about with the Dharma!

Thanks again for this posting and happy shopping everyone!

Geronimo

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 08:08:17 PM »
Check out this incredibly beautiful statue of Vajrayoginni in Tsem Tulku personal shrine:
http://www.tsemtulku.com/en/teachings/contemplations/my-personal-statue-of-sacred-vajrayogini/menu-id-15.html

I would never leave my home if I had this on my shrine!...............wow!

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 08:44:39 PM »
Check out this incredibly beautiful statue of Vajrayoginni in Tsem Tulku personal shrine:
http://www.tsemtulku.com/en/teachings/contemplations/my-personal-statue-of-sacred-vajrayogini/menu-id-15.html

I would never leave my home if I had this on my shrine!...............wow!

I love that photo - captures Vajrayogini's stunning features so well... Tsem Tulku must be a great practitioner for the statue to have such a radiant glow..

Anyway, i was surfing around and found this
http://vajrasecrets.com/statue/higher-tantras.html

the statues are not so big which suits me fine since i only stay in a teeny bedsit...
This 6" antique flying Vajrayogini is way cool..
http://vajrasecrets.com/statue/higher-tantras/antique-flying-vajrayogini-statue-6.html

I still love Tsem Tulku's Vajrayogini but these statues are pretty nice too...

anyway, i'll dream on.. :P

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Mohani

• duldzin
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 01:19:26 PM »
Thanks for the links :)
Are those prices $US? Some of those statues are very expensive.

http://vajrasecrets.com/statue/higher-tantras/brass-vajrayogini-statue-with-antique-finishing-17.html

This Lovely Vajrayogini is the same as ones we get for our shop, I can't believe that that is $US they are charging for this?

Yeshe

• Email
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »
Thanks for the links :)
Are those prices $US? Some of those statues are very expensive.

http://vajrasecrets.com/statue/higher-tantras/brass-vajrayogini-statue-with-antique-finishing-17.html

This Lovely Vajrayogini is the same as ones we get for our shop, I can't believe that that is $US they are charging for this?

Well, you wrote what I was thinking.  The Tsem Tulku products all seem to be VERY expensive in comparison with similar products eslewhere.

For statues etc. I  have used :  himalayanmart.com

The stock is huge so you need to patiently explore.