Author Topic: Shangmo Dorje Putri is now officially a part of Dorje Shugden's retinue!!  (Read 16837 times)

Harold Musetescu

I found this on Tsem Tulku's website under the heading of "Ask a Question".

Here is the link.  https://www.tsemrinpoche.com/ask-the-pastors

Question asked by Margo

Does Dorje Shugden's retinue included the following Dharmapalas?

1) Kache Marpo
2) Yumar Gyaltsen
3) Namkar Barzin
4) Methar
5) Shangmo Dorje Putri

Are there any other Dharmapalas that I may have missed?

Reply by pastor Niral Patel

Dear Margo,

Kache Marpo is part of Dorje Shugden’s entourage, and is known Dorje Shugden’s minister.

Yumar Gyaltsen is also in Dorje Shugden’s entourage because he is the peaceful form of Kache Marpo.

Namkar Barzin is also a part of Dorje’s Shugden’s entourage.

Both Methar and Shangmo Dorje Putri are under Kache Marpo, so by extension as he is Dorje Shugden’s minister, they are also part of Dorje Shugden’s entourage.

That covers the Dharma Protectors that we have information on.....
I hope this helps.

Unquote

So Pastor Niral Patel has now officially stated that the Dharmapala Shangmo Dorje Shugden is part of Dorje Shugden's retinue.

We now have our first FEMALE Dharmapala in Dorje Shugden's retinue.

Here is a link to Pastor Niral Patel article on Tsem Tulku's website about Shangmo Dorje Putri.

https://www.tsemrinpoche.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/buddhas-dharma/shangmo-dorje-putri-the-bamo-of-sakya.html

Such wonderful news for all of us who practice Dorje Shugden and his now not three but  FOUR Dharmapalas.

Please pray for the swift return of His Eminence Tsem Tulku Rinpoche.

Harold Musetescu

This is from a post I wrote on this website on June 21, 2018.

The FEMALE Dharmapala "Shangmo" is a member of Dorje Shugden's retinue
« on: June 21, 2018, 11:49:46 PM »

Many of you may not be aware of the fact that there is a female Dharmapala found in Dorje Shugden's retinue.

Her full name is "Shangmo Dorje Putri" and she is in Kache Marpo's retinue along with Methar and Yumar Gyalchen who is the "Peaceful" emanation of Kache Marpo".

"Shang" is the name of her town in Tsang Province, Tibet.

"Mo" means "Woman", "Dorje" means "Diamond" and "Putri" means "Razor".

"Shangmo Dorje Putri" translates into the "Diamond Razor Woman from Shang".

On March 19, 2016 Pastor Niral Patel wrote an article about her on Tsem Tulku's website.

Here is the link to that article.

http://www.tsemrinpoche.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/buddhas-dharma/shangmo-dorje-putri-the-bamo-of-sakya.html

I have included below the most relevant aspect of his article.

Shangmo Dorje Putri also has a small connection to the Gelug lineage as well, through Kyabje Domo Geshe Rinpoche (1866-1936 CE), as Rinpoche was also from the Shang area. Shangmo Dorje Putri followed Domo Geshe Rinpoche to his Dungkar Monastery. There, Domo Geshe Rinpoche, bound her again. This time she made the oath of protecting the monastery. When Domo Geshe Rinpoche travelled to India on pilgrimage, he setup another monastery known as Gaden Tharpa Choling Monastery in Kalimpong. It was there that the storekeeper of the monastery asked Shangmo Dorje Putri to protect the ration store room of the monastery. She remained there protecting the store room until the monastery was renovated. After that she moved to the Mani Lhakang in the monastery where a special shrine was dedicated to her.
Although an independent Dharma protector, Shangmo Dorje Putri is under the control of the enlightened Dharma protector Kache Marpo and considered to be part of his entourage. In turn Kache Marpo is within the entourage of the Dharma protector Dorje Shugden. She is also known to take trance in trained oracles who can take trance of Dorje Shugden, Setrap and Kache Marpo.
Unquote

I am also including an article written on this website written by "WisdonBeing" on January 13, 2012.

Here is the link to his article that includes a small section on "Shangmo Dorje Putri".

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1589.msg21216#msg21216

5. Shrine for Shangmo Dorje Bhuti: It is said that Shangmo was once a demon who disguised as a nomad woman. She was tamed by Sakya Gongma Rinpoche. Around 1902, Shangmo ESCAPED from the Sakya Monastery and followed Domo Geshe Rinpoche to Dungkar Gonpa, as Rinpoche also was the native of the same place, “Shang”. There at Dungkar Gonpa, she was bound under solemn oath to protect the monastery. In Tharpa Cholling, the storekeeper ordered Shangmo to protect the ration store room of Tharpa Choling monastery. Shangmo stayed in the store room up to the renovation of monastery. Now her abode has been shifted to Mani Lhagang with her special shrine.
Unquote

What I have found to be interesting is that "Shangmo" followed Domo Geshe Rinpoche to his monastery in Tibet.

She do so not out of anger or revenge but because he was a fellow citizen of "Shang".

She did not attack Domo Geshe Rinpoche or Dungkar Monastery and when Domo Geshe found out that her true intent was just to be with him he took pity on her.

He bound her by oath to protect him and Dungkar Monastery.

This way she would always be with Domo Geshe Rinpoche through all their lifetimes.

When Domo Geshe Rinpoche's Gaden Tharpa Choling Monastery needed her help she was instantly their to protect their monastery.

Domo Geshe Rinpoche out of total respect for "Shangmo" built a "Protector Chapel" for her at Gaden Tharpa Choling Monastery.

She has returned Rinpoche's kindness by taking "Trance" of his Oracles and other Dorje Shugden Oracles.

Pastor Patel's article claims that she is a "Bamo" a "Witch" and makes out that "Shangmo" is someone to be feared.

But all her interactions with Domo Geshe Rinpoche paints an entirely different picture of her.

With Domo Geshe Rinpoche and his monks she was "Peaceful" and "Help full".

I look at "Shangmo Dorje Putri" as a "White Bamo" and not a "Black Bamo".

Someone who will be kind and gentle to anyone who asks her help.

So for all the women readers of this article I hope that you will ask "Shangmo" for her help and guidance.

It is nice to see that Dorje Shugden has a "Female" Dharmapala in his ranks of Dharmapalas.

So now we know that Dome Geshe Rinpoche has gifted Dorje Shugden with not one but two Dharmapalas.

Shangmo Dorje Putri and Namkar Barzin.

Pray for the long life of the present incarnation of His Eminence Domo Geshe Rinpoche.

Unquote

Please pray for the swift return of His Eminence Tsem Tulku Rinpoche

Harold Musetescu

Here is another reference to Shangmo Dorje Putri by Pastor Niral Patel.

Question asked by Margo

Are there statues of Yumar Gyaltsen and Shangmo Dorje Putri on the Dorje Shugden alter at Kechara Forest retreat?
I under stand there are statues of Kache Marpo, Namkar Barzin and Methar on that alter.

Reply by Pastor Niral Patel

Dear Margo,

There are no statues of Yumar Gyaltsen and Shangmo Dorje Putri on the main altar of Wisdom Hall in Kechara Forest Retreat.

Yumar Gyaltsen is however represented on the altar in the form Kache Marpo, because they are simply too forms of the same being. Yumar Gyaltsen is also the site protector of Panglung Ritroe, here in Kechara Forest Retreat. An image of Shangmo Dorje Putri is kept at Tsem Ladrang (Rinpoche’s personal household). I hope this helps.

Unquote

Hopeful we will soon see a statue of Shangmo Dorje Putri on the main alter of Wisdom Hall beside Kache Marpo, Namkar Barzin and Methar.

Harold Musetescu

Below is a link to an article I posted here on April 03, 2019 titled "Sorry, I failed you Dharmapala Shangmo Dorje Putri".

It was about my many failed attempts to have Shangmo Dorje Putri recognized as a member of Dorje Shugden's entourage.

Today I wish to thank you Pastor Niral Patel for officially stating that Shangmo Dorje Putri is a Dharmapala in Dorje Shugden's entourage.

I also wish to thank Tsem Tulku's Ladrang for keeping an image of Shangmo Dorje Putri in your household.

I can now say that "I did not fail you Dharmapala Shangmo Dorje Putri".

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=6272.msg69313#msg69313

Please pray for the swift return of His Eminence Tsem Tulku Rinpoche.

Harold Musetescu

PRAISE TO YOU TSEM TULKU RINPOCHE!!

You have now returned not one but TWO DHARMAPALAS TO DORJE SHUGDEN'S ENTOURAGE.

First in October 2016 you returned "Methar" to Dorje Shugden's entourage.

Now in July 2020 you have returned "Shangmo Dorje Putri" to Dorje Shugden's entourage.

You Tsem Tulku Rinpoche have done such great deeds in spreading the word of Dorje Shugden to the world.

You have done the impossible all your life and continue to do so even after your death with Shangmo Dorje Putri.

Pray for the swift return of the great Tsem Tulku Rinpoche.