Author Topic: "The Tribune" picked up Dagri Rinpoche's sex scandal  (Read 23408 times)

Alex

• Email
Re: "The Tribune" picked up Dagri Rinpoche's sex scandal
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2019, 04:32:28 PM »
So many high lamas had been exposed to being sexual offenders and in this day and age, news such as this will be exposed and travels fast. These lamas used their positions of authority to take advantage of those vulnerable and dare not speak out. With so many already exposed, imagine what it was like when they were in Tibet where communications are still backward? Being in spirituality obviously does not means practice and imagine all the young lives who were entrusted into these sex predators' hands. Such violation of trusts and they will grow up thinking wrong as right. It really has to stop as these kinds of harm can be carried forward generations by generations. I am glad to see the Buddhist nuns had joined together in asking for an inquiry into the Dagri Rinpoche's case and for it not to be swept under the carpet. Will the Tibetan Leaders pay heed?

I believe the situation back in Tibet will be much much worse because the high lamas are very influential and powerful. Just look at what the Tibetan government had done in the past when Tibet is still a free country. They can do whatever they want in the name of the government and there is no one to stop them.

They can wipe the entire legacy of any famous lama out and accuse them of crimes that they did not do. The Tibetan government hold absolute power and will not be challenged by anyone and they will remove anyone that poses a threat to them. One of the most famous examples will be Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen.

Luckily this is not Tibet anymore and bad Tibetan lamas will have to pay the price for acting inappropriately. The Tibetan government or His Holiness will not be able to bail them out anymore since the whole world is watching now.

SabS

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 07:02:37 PM »
So many high lamas had been exposed to being sexual offenders and in this day and age, news such as this will be exposed and travels fast. These lamas used their positions of authority to take advantage of those vulnerable and dare not speak out. With so many already exposed, imagine what it was like when they were in Tibet where communications are still backward? Being in spirituality obviously does not means practice and imagine all the young lives who were entrusted into these sex predators' hands. Such violation of trusts and they will grow up thinking wrong as right. It really has to stop as these kinds of harm can be carried forward generations by generations. I am glad to see the Buddhist nuns had joined together in asking for an inquiry into the Dagri Rinpoche's case and for it not to be swept under the carpet. Will the Tibetan Leaders pay heed?

I believe the situation back in Tibet will be much much worse because the high lamas are very influential and powerful. Just look at what the Tibetan government had done in the past when Tibet is still a free country. They can do whatever they want in the name of the government and there is no one to stop them.

They can wipe the entire legacy of any famous lama out and accuse them of crimes that they did not do. The Tibetan government hold absolute power and will not be challenged by anyone and they will remove anyone that poses a threat to them. One of the most famous examples will be Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen.

Luckily this is not Tibet anymore and bad Tibetan lamas will have to pay the price for acting inappropriately. The Tibetan government or His Holiness will not be able to bail them out anymore since the whole world is watching now.

You are right. Probably in the old Tibet, things are worse as the people in power have absolute control and require not the permission of law to carry out any deeds. I would guess that people like Dagri Rinpoche would be quite rampart as they are able to do anything according to their wish, especially using religion with ill intent. Now that the Tibetans are being exposed to the world, more cases that are not socially accepted, we find out about. It is obvious that the Tibetan leaders live a double standard whereby laws set are for their people but not for themselves. Totally feudalistic.

daka

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2019, 12:44:49 PM »
It actually sounds scary about the situation in Tibet. What the CTA does now is already extremely unfair and very autocratic even in front of the whole world, just imagine what they could do when Tibet was still a secluded place where no one knew what exactly happened? I believe cases like Dagri's must be quite common since sex scandals are so common among the Tibetan lamas now. If this is the case, I think by China's taking over, the ordinary Tibetans' living condition are actually improving. No wonder less and less Tibetans are joining the Tibetan in exile in India.

Alex

• Email
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2019, 01:06:39 PM »
It actually sounds scary about the situation in Tibet. What the CTA does now is already extremely unfair and very autocratic even in front of the whole world, just imagine what they could do when Tibet was still a secluded place where no one knew what exactly happened? I believe cases like Dagri's must be quite common since sex scandals are so common among the Tibetan lamas now. If this is the case, I think by China's taking over, the ordinary Tibetans' living condition are actually improving. No wonder less and less Tibetans are joining the Tibetan in exile in India.

In the old Tibet, CTA holds absolute power and no one is allowed to challenge them. Whoever that is a threat or possible to be a threat to the CTA will be killed or jailed mercilessly. CTA will frame them with anything that they can think off and remove them from power or render them helpless.

This has been CTA's modus operandi until now and they will do whatever that it takes to destroy the threat including killing. Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen is an example that got destroyed by CTA because they perceived him as a threat to the 5th Dalai Lama.

Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen was the 5th Dalai Lama's dharma brother and they were very close. However, Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen had far more visitors and followers compared to the 5th Dalai Lama and this made the attendants of the 5th Dalai Lama very jealous and perceived him as a threat. Hence, they assassinated him and banned his reincarnation to be located after that. This is how CTA destroys their threats mercilessly even if the targetted party is a high lama.

Tracy

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2019, 09:11:34 AM »

I wonder what is the situation with the Dagri Rinpoche's sex scandal now. When is his next hearing? Is he going to play games again avoiding to go to court? I don't think this time he will be able to get away by associating himself with the Dalai Lama.

In the beginning FPMT still wants to protect Dagri Rinpoche by not saying anything. Later, Lama Zopa releases a statement on the suspension of Dagri Rinpoche. However, it was quite disappointing to read that Lama Zopa did not think Dagri Rinpoche is doing something against the law.

Lama Zopa said the students don't have the karma to see the compassion of Dagri Rinpoche. It was out of compassion that Dagri Rinpoche touched or molested the student, it was a form of blessings. This sounds really ridiculous. We are living in a modern world, the method used by a skilful teacher should comply with what the right conduct should be in the modern world.

Drolma

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2019, 09:29:06 AM »

I wonder what is the situation with the Dagri Rinpoche's sex scandal now. When is his next hearing? Is he going to play games again avoiding to go to court? I don't think this time he will be able to get away by associating himself with the Dalai Lama.

In the beginning FPMT still wants to protect Dagri Rinpoche by not saying anything. Later, Lama Zopa releases a statement on the suspension of Dagri Rinpoche. However, it was quite disappointing to read that Lama Zopa did not think Dagri Rinpoche is doing something against the law.

Lama Zopa said the students don't have the karma to see the compassion of Dagri Rinpoche. It was out of compassion that Dagri Rinpoche touched or molested the student, it was a form of blessings. This sounds really ridiculous. We are living in a modern world, the method used by a skilful teacher should comply with what the right conduct should be in the modern world.

I have read that statement before too. It was extremely disappointing to me. It is very obvious that the so-called method used by Dagri Rinpoche is not acceptable or is not the right one! If it is the correct method, Ms Jaki would still be a nun and she will not be releasing a video telling everyone about Dagri Rinpoche's crime.

If the so-called method is to bless the students, why was he using this method on an Indian lady who is not even his student? This shows that he intentionally wanted to abused women, not out of spiritual reason. I don't really think Dagri Rinpoche is attained in any way as explained by Lama Zopa.

If Dagri Rinpoche is a highly attained master, he would have some highly attained students as well and he would have made a lot of positive impact in people's life. But until today, no one has said something positive about him with examples to support the statements. Dagri Rinpoche has to be brought to justice, this is for sure.

Alex

• Email
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2019, 10:34:37 AM »

I have read that statement before too. It was extremely disappointing to me. It is very obvious that the so-called method used by Dagri Rinpoche is not acceptable or is not the right one! If it is the correct method, Ms Jaki would still be a nun and she will not be releasing a video telling everyone about Dagri Rinpoche's crime.

If the so-called method is to bless the students, why was he using this method on an Indian lady who is not even his student? This shows that he intentionally wanted to abused women, not out of spiritual reason. I don't really think Dagri Rinpoche is attained in any way as explained by Lama Zopa.

If Dagri Rinpoche is a highly attained master, he would have some highly attained students as well and he would have made a lot of positive impact in people's life. But until today, no one has said something positive about him with examples to support the statements. Dagri Rinpoche has to be brought to justice, this is for sure.

Dagri's action is unacceptable in today's world. It is not something that people can accept any more and it will damage other people's mind. I think he is just doing inappropriate things to his students and use the name of blessing to mask his hideous intention.

He is not a true monk and he has broken his monk vows long ago. This is not the first time where he is being reported to do nasty things to women and what makes it worse is that he even dare to do it to ordained women. He has defiled the scared body of those nuns.

Imagine what kind of negative karma he is getting. Dagri also gave vows to many students before. If his vows were broken long time ago, what kind of blessings and vows his student is getting? What will happen when those student found out now? It is very detrimental to them.

Drolma

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2019, 04:47:11 AM »

Dagri's action is unacceptable in today's world. It is not something that people can accept any more and it will damage other people's mind. I think he is just doing inappropriate things to his students and use the name of blessing to mask his hideous intention.

He is not a true monk and he has broken his monk vows long ago. This is not the first time where he is being reported to do nasty things to women and what makes it worse is that he even dare to do it to ordained women. He has defiled the scared body of those nuns.

Imagine what kind of negative karma he is getting. Dagri also gave vows to many students before. If his vows were broken long time ago, what kind of blessings and vows his student is getting? What will happen when those student found out now? It is very detrimental to them.

It is very surprising to see the statement from Lama Zopa on Dagri Rinpoche. Obviously, FPMT still wants to cover Dagri Rinpoche up. They terminated the service of Dagri Rinpoche most likely due to public concerns. However, Lama Zopa still insists that Dagri Rinpoche is a compassionate teacher.

Did Lama Zopa say this to try to salvage the reputation and credibility of FPMT? I think FPMT is actually in a dilemma. If Lama Zopa said Dagri Rinpoche is guilty of what he has done to the students, people will lose their faith in FPMT. But by saying Dagri Rinpoche is an attained Buddhist master and he has no wrong does not help the situation either.

The damage to the image and reputation of FPMT has been done, there is no better way to salvage the situation. As more people are coming forward to expose the what Dagri Rinpoche has been doing for decades, more people will leave FPMT or even give up Buddhism. Karmically, FPMT has created so much negative karma by covering up one person.