Author Topic: Forget my religion, why can’t I support Tibetan Freedom?  (Read 35579 times)

Ngawang

Re: Forget my religion, why can’t I support Tibetan Freedom?
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2019, 03:53:34 AM »
It is very hard for the Tibetans to separate politics from religious issues because their government is already a mixture of both. His Holiness the Dalai Lama served as the political and religious leader in CTA. On top of that, His Holiness the Dalai Lama is alike the King where whatever he says is the rule and no one can have a different opinion other than his.

Anyone who has a different opinion will be treated as a traitor or a Chinese spy. It has been this way for hundreds of years ago. Hence, CTA can do whatever they like without the fear of being overthrown by the public as they have absolute power on their side.

Drolma

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2019, 06:01:55 AM »
It is very hard for the Tibetans to separate politics from religious issues because their government is already a mixture of both. His Holiness the Dalai Lama served as the political and religious leader in CTA. On top of that, His Holiness the Dalai Lama is alike the King where whatever he says is the rule and no one can have a different opinion other than his.

Anyone who has a different opinion will be treated as a traitor or a Chinese spy. It has been this way for hundreds of years ago. Hence, CTA can do whatever they like without the fear of being overthrown by the public as they have absolute power on their side.
The CTA has to face the reality, it is hard to separate politics from religious for the Tibetans because Tibet was run in such a way. But they should also see that this mode of ruling does not bring them any where! They are not getting any better but they have more problems every day. The Tibet issue is still unresolved after 60 years.

The Dalai Lama wanted to separate the religion and politic but not the CTA. The CTA knows that it is the Dalai Lama who brings them the money, they still rely on the Dalai Lama. Therefore, they will still make use the the Dalai Lama's name for their personal agenda. The precious Tibetan Buddhism very sadly, is used as a money making tool.

dsnowlion

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2019, 08:50:20 AM »

Unless the Dalai Lama dissolves everything and make it zero so they will have to merge and join forces with others in order to survive and to preserve the culture. Most importantly the teachings... maybe that is why the Dalai Lama purposely kick Dorje Shugden lamas out so it seems? So that Dorje Shugden lamas can actually branch out, sprayed and reach out more to other all over the world especially Tibet! And this is how we can preserve and sprayed our lineage. You'll never know how all these high lamas operate. They have a much bigger vision and purpose... hence in His Holiness Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche I trust.

Listen to what the Dalai Lama has to say about his institution from 1:11:00

Can you guess what the Dalai Lama is saying?
Ooh oh CTA bye bye... decomposing soon or has it already begun... lol.

Drolma

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2019, 10:33:55 AM »

Maybe you are right to say that. If it was not because of the Dorje Shugden ban, Dorje Shugden will not become such a famous protector. The Chinese government will not let down their guard on Dorje Shugden lamas if they have a close relationship with the Dalai Lama. The Dalai Lama drew the line very clear between him and Dorje Shugden followers. The Chinese government knows that Dorje Shugden followers are segregated by the Dalai Lama so they are not a threat that will cause disharmony in China. On that basis, the Chinese government is more than happy to support the Dharma work undertaken by Dorje Shugden lamas.

Without the Dorje Shugden ban, Tibetan Buddhism might not have survived in Tibet. To a certain degree, the Dorje Shugden ban has brought some benefits to Tibetan Buddhism.

Unless the Dalai Lama dissolves everything and make it zero so they will have to merge and join forces with others in order to survive and to preserve the culture. Most importantly the teachings... maybe that is why the Dalai Lama purposely kick Dorje Shugden lamas out so it seems? So that Dorje Shugden lamas can actually branch out, sprayed and reach out more to other all over the world especially Tibet! And this is how we can preserve and sprayed our lineage. You'll never know how all these high lamas operate. They have a much bigger vision and purpose... hence in His Holiness Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche I trust.

Drolma

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2019, 10:35:59 AM »

Maybe you are right to say that. If it was not because of the Dorje Shugden ban, Dorje Shugden will not become such a famous protector. The Chinese government will not let down their guard on Dorje Shugden lamas if they have a close relationship with the Dalai Lama. The Dalai Lama drew the line very clear between him and Dorje Shugden followers. The Chinese government knows that Dorje Shugden followers are segregated by the Dalai Lama so they are not a threat that will cause disharmony in China. On that basis, the Chinese government is more than happy to support the Dharma work undertaken by Dorje Shugden lamas.

Without the Dorje Shugden ban, Tibetan Buddhism might not have survived in Tibet. To a certain degree, the Dorje Shugden ban has brought some benefits to Tibetan Buddhism.