Author Topic: So no more searching for H.H Dalai Lama's reincarnation?  (Read 21353 times)

SabS

Re: So no more searching for H.H Dalai Lama's reincarnation?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2018, 06:08:35 PM »
Why is everyone so interested in the searching of the Dalai Lama's reincarnation? It was mentioned in a tantric scripture that the 14th is the last Dalai Lama. You do realise the role the Dalai Lama plays throughout history? Since Tibet is now part of China, there is no need for a Dalai Lama because Tibet is no longer independent.

Also, it is none of the US business whether the Dalai Lama takes rebirth or not or China gets to decide the 15th Dalai Lama's reincarnation because that's family closed door business for China. So the USA should mind their own business, especially Trump who couldn't care less for the Tibet issue. They should also stop sending the CTA monetary support which has proven to be a waste because the CTA has achieved nothing after 60 years!

This is very interesting. You are saying a tantric scripture had stated that there is no more Dalai Lamas after the 14th? What you mentioned sounds logical too since Tibet is no longer a country and need not a "Ruler" anymore as the Dalai Lama had been.

Yes, I do agree that Trump really has no business in the issue of the 15th Dalai Lama at all. Just because USA sponsors the refugees, that doesn't give them the rights to interfere with the sovereignty of another country and their internal affairs. Always seeking internal strife of others so they are able to maintain their No. 1 position. Not nice at all! Why don't US look inward and eliminate discrimination within US?

Alex

• Email
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2018, 07:36:42 PM »
Why is everyone so interested in the searching of the Dalai Lama's reincarnation? It was mentioned in a tantric scripture that the 14th is the last Dalai Lama. You do realise the role the Dalai Lama plays throughout history? Since Tibet is now part of China, there is no need for a Dalai Lama because Tibet is no longer independent.

Also, it is none of the US business whether the Dalai Lama takes rebirth or not or China gets to decide the 15th Dalai Lama's reincarnation because that's family closed door business for China. So the USA should mind their own business, especially Trump who couldn't care less for the Tibet issue. They should also stop sending the CTA monetary support which has proven to be a waste because the CTA has achieved nothing after 60 years!

I think Tantric scriptures for someone who knows little about Buddhism will not mean much to them. All they see is that the title Dalai Lama is a powerful and influential title and anyone who has control over it will be at a tremendous advantage. That is why China has been plotting to take charge of the title when the current Dalai Lama passes.

For years, China has been preparing to gain control of the Dalai Lama and their effort includes getting their own Panchen Lama who traditionally the one person who has authority to recognise the next Dalai Lama. During one of the occasions where His Holiness is saying that he is the last Dalai Lama and there will be no next Dalai Lama, China retorted saying that he does not respect the fundamental of Buddhism which is reincarnation.

With that, we can see that China is set out to get their own Dalai Lama regardless of what the current Dalai Lama says. However, there are efforts from Dalai Lama trying to get back to China recently and he had mentioned about wanted to go for pilgrimages and go back to Lhasa. I wonder why China is delaying their response to them.

SabS

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2018, 10:13:11 PM »

However, there are efforts from Dalai Lama trying to get back to China recently and he had mentioned about wanted to go for pilgrimages and go back to Lhasa. I wonder why China is delaying their response to them.

Well, for one, China still have no real control over Tibet and the Tibetans. If the Dalai Lama were to return then naturally their loyalty will be with the Dalai Lama and China wouldn't like that as it means the current "peace" may turn to more exposure of a whole lot more of rights' issues or even an uprising. Where the Dalai Lama goes, there will be a lot of attention and China will have a difficult time keeping the press at bay. So what little advantage they had gained from their investment will come to naught.

Currently, the Dalai Lama is a loose cannon and you don't know what he will say to create upsets, so I think China is very wary of how things will become unbalanced with his presence in China. Better to be the bad guy with a somewhat peaceful country than a country embroiled in turmoil and end up still the bad guy. China will always be viewed as a bad guy no matter the good that they do.

Rowntree

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2019, 07:38:44 AM »
With the recent tailspin between the Dalai Lama and Lobsang Sangay, we know things are not well within the CTA and Sangay attempted to get the Dalai Lama back to China so he can have the CTA ALL BY HIMSELF. It is also very clear that the successor of the Dalai Lama and his reincarnation are the least important topics to Sangay. He would rather not have the Dalai Lama then he can be the boss and corrupt all money away!

Throughout the history of Tibet, there is no ONE occasion where another lineage has any say to the reincarnation of the Dalai Lama. It has always been a closed-door Gelug business with little support from the Sakya. The Nyingma couldn't care much about the Gelug, in fact, most Nyingmapas hate the Gelugpas. The Kagyu used to resist the Gelug power and cursed the 5th Dalai Lama (if I am not mistaken) by putting his hair under the staircase of their monastery.

Nothing will really happen in the meeting that was cancelled in November 2018 that is conveniently cancelled indefinitely due to the death of an insignificant Nyingma lama that no one is interested in. I am just wondering how the CTA will end finally.

Rowntree

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2019, 12:39:31 PM »
These days, the Dalai Lama is showing more and more signs of sickness and deterioration of his health condition. Just last month, he couldn't perform the Kalachakra initiation that is a yearly big event for the CTA. It looks like he might not live as long as he has promised. See the relevant news here http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=6238.0

If you all remember, the Dalai Lama said he would live till 113. Later, it was reduced to 100. He is 84 this year, there is not much time left. The CTA has not done anything else to make sure the Dalai Lama remains and they are constantly doing the opposite which creates even more demerit for themselves.

Personally, I hope the Dalai Lama will live long because I believe he is the emanation of Avalokiteshvara but I don't think the CTA and Tibetans have the necessary merits to keep the Dalai Lama remain.

Alex

• Email
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2019, 02:46:42 PM »
These days, the Dalai Lama is showing more and more signs of sickness and deterioration of his health condition. Just last month, he couldn't perform the Kalachakra initiation that is a yearly big event for the CTA. It looks like he might not live as long as he has promised. See the relevant news here http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=6238.0

If you all remember, the Dalai Lama said he would live till 113. Later, it was reduced to 100. He is 84 this year, there is not much time left. The CTA has not done anything else to make sure the Dalai Lama remains and they are constantly doing the opposite which creates even more demerit for themselves.

Personally, I hope the Dalai Lama will live long because I believe he is the emanation of Avalokiteshvara but I don't think the CTA and Tibetans have the necessary merits to keep the Dalai Lama remain.

For a high lama like His Holiness the Dalai Lama to remain, there are alot of factors. His Holiness the Dalai Lama will stay longer if he is able to benefit alot of sentient beings in his current form. If he is not able to do what he wanted to do which is to benefit sentient beings, he might choose to manifest death to leave the current situation so that he can move on to another place or plane of existence to benefit the beings there.

Many high lamas who are unable to perform their duties properly will manifest death prematurely to move on to another new life so that they won't waste their time being stuck in the situation. CTA has not been diligently in assisting His Holiness in his effort of achieving Umaylam for Tibet. They have been very selfish and reaping benefit for themselves while forsaking Tibetans in exile.

It is obvious that CTA is not really going to fight for Tibet and all the talk about getting back Tibet is just empty talks and to make themselves look good on International platforms. It is also the best way for them to get free sympathetic money from Western countries. If they really had put in the effort, why is there no progress on them getting back Tibet for 60 years now? They have not even initiated dialogue with China. Hence, His Holiness the Dalai Lama is manifesting displease and cutting short his life since CTA is not cooperating with him.

Tracy

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2019, 09:37:41 PM »
The Dalai Lama just changed his mind and now he said maybe he will take rebirth in India. Why does the Dalai Lama always change his mind? He said something today and another the next day. He really confuses people.

The Dalai Lama also said if China finds their own Dalai Lama, this will not be the real one. Whatever the Dalai Lama says about his own reincarnation, it will not have any impact on the Chinese government. The Chinese government is still going to find their own Dalai Lama and enthrone him. The Dalai Lama recognised by the Chinese government will be more legitimate than the one recognised by the CTA because the Panchen Lama will be the one who finds the reincarnation and this is done according to tradition.

The Dalai Lama actually implies that China is capable of recognising the real reincarnation. He has in a way endorsed the authenticity of the Chinese recognised Panchen Lama. So if the Chinese government is able to find the reincarnation of the Panchen Lama, they will be able to find the reincarnation of the Dalai Lama too.

daka

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2019, 09:11:17 AM »
What you said make sense. Just this year alone, the Dalai Lama has mentioned twice about the possibility of having more than one reincarnation, indirectly saying that the China Panchen Lama could be real. Why does he want to emphasize that after so many years if not for the sake of his future reincarnation?

My theory is the Dalai Lama has already decided on his next rebirth to be born in China. The purpose of him highlighting the fact that his future incarnation will be in India is to make sure China will recognize the one in China with the help of the China Panchen Lama. I believe the Dalai Lama knows the China Panchen Lama will be able to recognize the real Dalai Lama.  8)

Alex

• Email
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2019, 10:42:04 PM »
What you said make sense. Just this year alone, the Dalai Lama has mentioned twice about the possibility of having more than one reincarnation, indirectly saying that the China Panchen Lama could be real. Why does he want to emphasize that after so many years if not for the sake of his future reincarnation?

My theory is the Dalai Lama has already decided on his next rebirth to be born in China. The purpose of him highlighting the fact that his future incarnation will be in India is to make sure China will recognize the one in China with the help of the China Panchen Lama. I believe the Dalai Lama knows the China Panchen Lama will be able to recognize the real Dalai Lama.  8)

That is an interesting point of view. However, in His Holiness's latest statement, he said that there is a possibility of 2 Dalai Lamas in the future. One of them will be from India and the other one from China. He also said that China Dalai Lama will not have the trust and respect of the people. His Holiness the Dalai Lama keep changing his statements and it is very confusing.

I believe His Holiness is trying to accomplish something that we are unable to understand at this moment. Nevertheless, we must have faith in His Holiness because he has been through a lot to bring Buddhism to the world and so far he has proven himself. However, he is not young anymore and his time on earth in that body is running out soon due to old age.

Tibetans are still stranded outside of Tibet without the support of a proper government with no future ahead. It will be the best scenario for all the Tibetans to return to Tibet but it has been made nearly impossible thanks to the Tibetan government. Hence, His Holiness has to resort to use extreme methods to achieve his goals before it is too late.