Author Topic: ‘Engaging with China is the best available option for Tibet’  (Read 14792 times)

DharmaSpace

BJP general secretary Ram Madhav called for adopting a pragmatic foreign policy and not ‘romanticism’ in managing neighbours.

BJP general secretary Ram Madhav appreciated Dalai Lama’s efforts to engage with China to address the Tibet issue and said that India would stand by Tibet whenever required, in New Delhi on Thursday.

Addressing a gathering at the third Prof. ML Sondhi Memorial Lecture, Madhav said: “Engaging with China is the best available option for Tibet right now. Also, whenever required India and its citizens will stand by Tibet.”

Madhav, a known expert in Sino-Indian relations, also called for adopting a pragmatic foreign policy and not “romanticism” in managing neighbours.

“The history of our previous foreign policies reflects that we have never bothered to understand our neighbours. Our foreign policy has largely been driven by romantic ideas. We need to shed this and adopt a mature and pragmatic approach,” said Madhav.

Speaking on Indo-China relations, Madhav noted that the obsession of people in India has now gradually shifted to India-China relationship from India-Pakistan ties; and that maintaining a good relationship with China is the government’s priority.

“China is our important neighbour and we want to strengthen our ties with it. With the strong leadership of both our Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping, I am hopeful we will be able to settle our differences,” he asserted.

However, Madhav cautioned that the Doklam dispute with China was not over.

“China is our important neighbour and we want to strengthen our ties with it. With the strong leadership of both our  PM Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping, I am hopeful we will be able to settle our differences,” Ram Madhav asserted.

“We deployed mature diplomacy together with strong ground posturing. Having said that, Doklam is not over yet,” he said.

Delivering a lecture on ‘Tibet holds the key to Beijing” at the same event, Tibetan government-in-exile’s President Lobsang Sangay said that Tibet is a “litmus test” and is a potential catalyst to bring about changes inside China. He also asserted that India should declare Tibet as its core issue as China has always considered Tibet as a palm to reach out to five fingers—Ladakh, Nepal, Sikkim, Bhutan and Arunachal Pradesh.

“You ought to support Tibet, otherwise China is coming and penetrating every aspect of your society. There are forces within China that want the country to transform into a liberal democracy and Tibet can be a catalyst in that,” he said.

Commenting on United States President Donald Trump’s proposal for zero aid in 2018 to the Tibetans, reversing the decades-old American policy of providing financial assistance to the community for safeguarding their distinct identity, Sangay told The Sunday Guardian: “We are having discussions over it and we believe that it will be restored.”

http://www.sundayguardianlive.com/news/12013-engaging-china-best-available-option-tibet

This is interesting that Indian key politicians are asking the Dalai Lama and CTA to engage with the Chinese. That is truly forward thinking, and very wise because China is ascendant in the world space. 

Rowntree

Re: ‘Engaging with China is the best available option for Tibet’
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 02:28:46 PM »
Things have changed now! Indians are furious with the Tibetans and asking them to GO BACK TO CHINA! They are very upset that His Holiness the Dalai Lama wants to go back to China. Although they said their stand for His Holiness remains the same, insinuating that they do not wish to support the Tibetan Leadership anymore, her people are starting to the truth about the Tibetan refugees - take and take and take. They are now asking the logical and valid question: what did the Tibetans do for India. The answer is NOTHING for 60 years. So why should India continue to host them?

PrajNa

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 02:43:55 AM »
I saw this on "Have Your Say" section again (I think I first saw it last year), so I am posting it here for everyone to see.

Hello everyone, specially to our CTA Taxi union president Lobsang Sangay and his beneficiary Kashag members and followers,
I am Chokyi I worked in Exile government 15 years.

When Lobsang Sangay fcame to Dharamsala leadership, I researched 2 years through what I have seen and what I listened from him personally. Lobsang Sangay have no personal skill and capability to solve the issues of Tibetans in India. He have only a paper degree from Harvard that’s called R….R….R, which means big talk in Tibetan. I feel so much pity on those uneducated Tibetans who set themselves on fire and burned their bodies. Each self-immolation brought a huge benefit to CTA financially. After every self-immolation Lobsang Sangay and his Kashag members have tour programs under the name of Tibetan political issues to introduce to western countries. Mostly, they travel first/business class. But, once they reached destination Lobsang Sangay asked donations to CTA. This is Sangay’s number 1 capability to ask donors in the name of self- immolation. So, I have known much better what Lobsang Sangay real doing. That’s why I resigned from my post and living independently in US now. Here I humbly request to all ordinary Tibetan people in exile. Plz go to apply for western or Indian citizenship as soon as possible. This is only way how you and your children survive a better life. Don’t listen CTA leaders big talks. Becoz, when you don’t have money to pay your children’s school fees. CTA can’t help you. When your father got serious sickness CTA can’t help you. When your mother died CTA can’t help you. But, CTA will use you for donations in name of seeking help for Tibetans. That donations they will corrupt at the end. Therefore, do something for yourself. Don’t let others use you. This is real experience that I got from CTA in 15 years working from down to earth. Don’t waste your life in CTA’s misuses.

Tracy

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 07:52:01 AM »
I saw this on "Have Your Say" section again (I think I first saw it last year), so I am posting it here for everyone to see.

Hello everyone, specially to our CTA Taxi union president Lobsang Sangay and his beneficiary Kashag members and followers,
I am Chokyi I worked in Exile government 15 years.

When Lobsang Sangay fcame to Dharamsala leadership, I researched 2 years through what I have seen and what I listened from him personally. Lobsang Sangay have no personal skill and capability to solve the issues of Tibetans in India. He have only a paper degree from Harvard that’s called R….R….R, which means big talk in Tibetan. I feel so much pity on those uneducated Tibetans who set themselves on fire and burned their bodies. Each self-immolation brought a huge benefit to CTA financially. After every self-immolation Lobsang Sangay and his Kashag members have tour programs under the name of Tibetan political issues to introduce to western countries. Mostly, they travel first/business class. But, once they reached destination Lobsang Sangay asked donations to CTA. This is Sangay’s number 1 capability to ask donors in the name of self- immolation. So, I have known much better what Lobsang Sangay real doing. That’s why I resigned from my post and living independently in US now. Here I humbly request to all ordinary Tibetan people in exile. Plz go to apply for western or Indian citizenship as soon as possible. This is only way how you and your children survive a better life. Don’t listen CTA leaders big talks. Becoz, when you don’t have money to pay your children’s school fees. CTA can’t help you. When your father got serious sickness CTA can’t help you. When your mother died CTA can’t help you. But, CTA will use you for donations in name of seeking help for Tibetans. That donations they will corrupt at the end. Therefore, do something for yourself. Don’t let others use you. This is real experience that I got from CTA in 15 years working from down to earth. Don’t waste your life in CTA’s misuses.

It is very disturbing isn't it? Sacrificing someone's life in order to get money. Lobsang Sangay knows very well that self-immolation will not help to free Tibet. Ghandi and Mandela freed their countries using peaceful protest, not by sacrificing lives.

In order to encourage more Tibetans to self-immolate so Lobsang Sangay will have new cases to present to his sponsor and get more money. If self-immolation can make a different to the free Tibet movement, why after more than 150 cases, Tibet is still not freed? As a responsible leader, Lobsang Sangay should stop people from taking their own lives.

If Lobsang Sangay wants to create awareness on Tibet issue, there are many methods, self-immolation definitely is not one of them. From a Buddhist perspective, if we commit suicide, we will take rebirth in the lower realm. Why is the Tibetan leader still allow people to do that? Why do they want to create suffering to their own people?

Drolma

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 05:37:24 AM »
As a growing economy, China will only become stronger everyday. The best thing to do is to become an alliance to China, not to go against them. However, CTA and Lobsang Sangay don't seem to understand this.

What CTA wants are money and power, they are very narrow-minded and short-sighted. The US gives them money, therefore they are willing to do what the US wants, which is to sabotage China. The CTA is not interested to bring Tibetans a better life or preserve the precious Tibetan Buddhism.

If the CTA is interested to preserve Tibetan Buddhism, they will not get involved in the Karmapa issue, they will resolve the issue. Don't forget, they also created Dorje Shugden ban to split the Tibetans into different groups. The ban also created conflict among the Buddhists. Many things the CTA does don't bring benefits but harm.

dsnowlion

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 09:39:33 AM »
China has found someone who will guard their cybersecurity even better. These are the further steps China is taking on to ensure no one can send in/out information that can cause havoc to the country. The CTA is obviously not liking this at all as Tibet gets further isolated from them. In a way this is good, because they can poison the Tibetan minds there and create more disharmony. Good they won't be allowed to spread their negative influence on Dorje Shugden. But too bad for CTA, as this will push them further away from getting Tibet autonomy and the Dalai Lama's wish to go home.

China steps closer to an Orwellian future as it appoints a New Internet Czar

As Beijing gears itself to oversee the celebrations of the 70th anniversary of the founding of the People’s Republic of China on 1st October, China’s Ministry of Public Security has reshuffled the top leadership of the Cyberspace Administration of China (CAC) by appointing a big data expert, Wang Yingwei, to lead its cyber security force. Having previously held the portfolio of the Communist Party Secretary of the bureau, he replaces, as Director, Zhuang Rongwen.

Wang Yingwei’s priorities and emphasis are based on a number of objectives including the launch of the newly upgraded cyber security protection and internet regulatory scheme. The cyber security law was imposed on 1st June 2017, which significantly widened the Party’s net of surveillance over its citizens. Many tech and law experts believe that there is a larger political agenda behind the passing of the policy and the intentional ambiguity of its nature. 

Since the launch of CAC in 2014 under the initiative of Xi Jinping, four men have helmed the office signifying a rapid pace of change in leadership. CAC plays a prominent role in shaping the formulation and implementation of policies on a variety of issues related to the use of the internet in the PRC. It is also responsible for executing Xi’s vision for the future of the Party, where it exerts total control over the sovereignty of the internet within its borders. 

According to Xinhua, the official state news agency, the CAC was responsible for issuing a “voluntary pledge” for China’s major Internet service providers. Under this ‘pledge’, companies ‘volunteered’ to further curb the digital space available for netizens, intruding upon their freedom of expression and opinions. 

Although the CAC has had a frequent change in leadership, all four of its directors, past and present, have aggressively sought to filter and control the access to information for its citizens. Such a consistent and stringent regulation of the internet has resulted in an abject lack of both transparency in the bureaucratic system and trust from its citizenry.

The first Internet Czar of China, Luwei, has contributed substantially to the Party’s power grip over the domestic cyberspace and has championed Beijing’s stance that governments have a right to filter and censor access to the internet. As a political hawk, he imposed stringent security checks on foreign tech products and censored foreign internet firms and social networking sites such as Facebook under the directive of the Party’s vision for preserving ‘social stability’. 

At the peak of his rise within the CCP’s hierarchy, he was listed by Time magazine in 2015 as one of the world’s 100 most influential people. Luwie’s fall from grace followed soon with his prosecution on official charges of bribery and sentencing to 14 years in prison, making him the first high ranking senior officer to be taken down in Xi Iiping’s second term as head of the CCP.

Luwei was replaced by Xi’s trusted aide, Xu Lin. He held the post of the Director of the CAC from June 2016 to July 2018 and was later promoted to the post of International Propaganda Chief. Xu Lin effectively worked on supervising and enforcing the Chinese cybersecurity law, which had remained stagnant prior to his appointment. 

On 31st July 2018 Zhuang Rongwen was appointed as the head of the CAC. He had previously held the post of deputy director of the CAC and served overseas at the Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council. Like his predecessor, Zhuang was a close confidant of President Xi and displayed a tenacity in spearheading an ambitious program that would grant the Party power to further extend its reach over the digital space of its netizens. The CAC rolled out additional regulations over the control of new media as well as cultivate an online environment congruent with the Party’s objectives. Under Zhuang, the CAC was also able to procure and develop much advanced surveillance tools to address the challenges posed by emerging technologies and information dissemination applications. His vision was geared towards making the Government’s calls for ‘cyber sovereignty’ a stark reality. 

The latest Internet Czar of China, Wang Yingwei, is proficient in the fields of information technology and cybersecurity. His expertise is expected to be an asset to the Government as it seeks to strengthen its comprehensive censorship and internet monitoring policies, resulting in a significant upgradation of in its ability to curtail flow of information as well as censor data on digital forums that are deemed politically sensitive.  

With the hyper sensitive 70th anniversary celebrations coming up, Wang and the CAC are expected to play a significant role in the Party’s agenda of maintaining and strengthening its rule over its populace both online and offline.  With the hope of an information free society, following the 70th anniversary of the PRC, for both the Chinese and the “ethnic minority” populations further receding into obscurity. 

Source: https://tibet.net/china-steps-closer-to-an-orwellian-future-as-it-appoints-a-new-internet-czar/

Tenzin K

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2019, 05:19:55 AM »
China has found someone who will guard their cybersecurity even better. These are the further steps China is taking on to ensure no one can send in/out information that can cause havoc to the country. The CTA is obviously not liking this at all as Tibet gets further isolated from them. In a way this is good, because they can poison the Tibetan minds there and create more disharmony. Good they won't be allowed to spread their negative influence on Dorje Shugden. But too bad for CTA, as this will push them further away from getting Tibet autonomy and the Dalai Lama's wish to go home.

CTA only gives bad influence not only about Dorje Shugen but overall. CTA just keeps creating separation and disunity and disharmony. You are right, this way CTA may be getting further isolated and eventually just on their own. China will not bother much as it’s not their worry as CTA and the rest of Tibetan chosen to leave Tibet and they can just take Indian citizenship. China has no response to any of Tibetan requests for dialogue obviously show that they are not interested in Tibetan and Dalai Lama to return and China will show to the world that China will make Tibet grow and improve their welfare from before.

As Beijing gears itself to oversee the celebrations of the 70th anniversary of the founding of the People’s Republic of China on 1st October, China’s Ministry of Public Security has reshuffled the top leadership of the Cyberspace Administration of China (CAC) by appointing a big data expert, Wang Yingwei, to lead its cyber security force. Having previously held the portfolio of the Communist Party Secretary of the bureau, he replaces, as Director, Zhuang Rongwen.

Wang Yingwei’s priorities and emphasis are based on a number of objectives including the launch of the newly upgraded cyber security protection and internet regulatory scheme. The cyber security law was imposed on 1st June 2017, which significantly widened the Party’s net of surveillance over its citizens. Many tech and law experts believe that there is a larger political agenda behind the passing of the policy and the intentional ambiguity of its nature.

Since the launch of CAC in 2014 under the initiative of Xi Jinping, four men have helmed the office signifying a rapid pace of change in leadership. CAC plays a prominent role in shaping the formulation and implementation of policies on a variety of issues related to the use of the internet in the PRC. It is also responsible for executing Xi’s vision for the future of the Party, where it exerts total control over the sovereignty of the internet within its borders.

According to Xinhua, the official state news agency, the CAC was responsible for issuing a “voluntary pledge” for China’s major Internet service providers. Under this ‘pledge’, companies ‘volunteered’ to further curb the digital space available for netizens, intruding upon their freedom of expression and opinions.

Although the CAC has had a frequent change in leadership, all four of its directors, past and present, have aggressively sought to filter and control the access to information for its citizens. Such a consistent and stringent regulation of the internet has resulted in an abject lack of both transparency in the bureaucratic system and trust from its citizenry.

The first Internet Czar of China, Luwei, has contributed substantially to the Party’s power grip over the domestic cyberspace and has championed Beijing’s stance that governments have a right to filter and censor access to the internet. As a political hawk, he imposed stringent security checks on foreign tech products and censored foreign internet firms and social networking sites such as Facebook under the directive of the Party’s vision for preserving ‘social stability’.

At the peak of his rise within the CCP’s hierarchy, he was listed by Time magazine in 2015 as one of the world’s 100 most influential people. Luwie’s fall from grace followed soon with his prosecution on official charges of bribery and sentencing to 14 years in prison, making him the first high ranking senior officer to be taken down in Xi Iiping’s second term as head of the CCP.

Luwei was replaced by Xi’s trusted aide, Xu Lin. He held the post of the Director of the CAC from June 2016 to July 2018 and was later promoted to the post of International Propaganda Chief. Xu Lin effectively worked on supervising and enforcing the Chinese cybersecurity law, which had remained stagnant prior to his appointment.

On 31st July 2018 Zhuang Rongwen was appointed as the head of the CAC. He had previously held the post of deputy director of the CAC and served overseas at the Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council. Like his predecessor, Zhuang was a close confidant of President Xi and displayed a tenacity in spearheading an ambitious program that would grant the Party power to further extend its reach over the digital space of its netizens. The CAC rolled out additional regulations over the control of new media as well as cultivate an online environment congruent with the Party’s objectives. Under Zhuang, the CAC was also able to procure and develop much advanced surveillance tools to address the challenges posed by emerging technologies and information dissemination applications. His vision was geared towards making the Government’s calls for ‘cyber sovereignty’ a stark reality.

The latest Internet Czar of China, Wang Yingwei, is proficient in the fields of information technology and cybersecurity. His expertise is expected to be an asset to the Government as it seeks to strengthen its comprehensive censorship and internet monitoring policies, resulting in a significant upgradation of in its ability to curtail flow of information as well as censor data on digital forums that are deemed politically sensitive. 

With the hyper sensitive 70th anniversary celebrations coming up, Wang and the CAC are expected to play a significant role in the Party’s agenda of maintaining and strengthening its rule over its populace both online and offline.  With the hope of an information free society, following the 70th anniversary of the PRC, for both the Chinese and the “ethnic minority” populations further receding into obscurity.

Source: https://tibet.net/china-steps-closer-to-an-orwellian-future-as-it-appoints-a-new-internet-czar/

Tenzin K

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2019, 05:20:57 AM »
CTA only gives bad influence not only about Dorje Shugen but overall. CTA just keeps creating separation and disunity and disharmony. You are right, this way CTA may be getting further isolated and eventually just on their own. China will not bother much as it’s not their worry as CTA and the rest of Tibetan chosen to leave Tibet and they can just take Indian citizenship. China has no response to any of Tibetan requests for dialogue obviously show that they are not interested in Tibetan and Dalai Lama to return and China will show to the world that China will make Tibet grow and improve their welfare from before.

As Beijing gears itself to oversee the celebrations of the 70th anniversary of the founding of the People’s Republic of China on 1st October, China’s Ministry of Public Security has reshuffled the top leadership of the Cyberspace Administration of China (CAC) by appointing a big data expert, Wang Yingwei, to lead its cyber security force. Having previously held the portfolio of the Communist Party Secretary of the bureau, he replaces, as Director, Zhuang Rongwen.

Wang Yingwei’s priorities and emphasis are based on a number of objectives including the launch of the newly upgraded cyber security protection and internet regulatory scheme. The cyber security law was imposed on 1st June 2017, which significantly widened the Party’s net of surveillance over its citizens. Many tech and law experts believe that there is a larger political agenda behind the passing of the policy and the intentional ambiguity of its nature.

According to Xinhua, the official state news agency, the CAC was responsible for issuing a “voluntary pledge” for China’s major Internet service providers. Under this ‘pledge’, companies ‘volunteered’ to further curb the digital space available for netizens, intruding upon their freedom of expression and opinions.

The first Internet Czar of China, Luwei, has contributed substantially to the Party’s power grip over the domestic cyberspace and has championed Beijing’s stance that governments have a right to filter and censor access to the internet. As a political hawk, he imposed stringent security checks on foreign tech products and censored foreign internet firms and social networking sites such as Facebook under the directive of the Party’s vision for preserving ‘social stability’.

At the peak of his rise within the CCP’s hierarchy, he was listed by Time magazine in 2015 as one of the world’s 100 most influential people. Luwie’s fall from grace followed soon with his prosecution on official charges of bribery and sentencing to 14 years in prison, making him the first high ranking senior officer to be taken down in Xi Iiping’s second term as head of the CCP.

On 31st July 2018 Zhuang Rongwen was appointed as the head of the CAC. He had previously held the post of deputy director of the CAC and served overseas at the Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council. Like his predecessor, Zhuang was a close confidant of President Xi and displayed a tenacity in spearheading an ambitious program that would grant the Party power to further extend its reach over the digital space of its netizens. The CAC rolled out additional regulations over the control of new media as well as cultivate an online environment congruent with the Party’s objectives. Under Zhuang, the CAC was also able to procure and develop much advanced surveillance tools to address the challenges posed by emerging technologies and information dissemination applications. His vision was geared towards making the Government’s calls for ‘cyber sovereignty’ a stark reality.

The latest Internet Czar of China, Wang Yingwei, is proficient in the fields of information technology and cybersecurity. His expertise is expected to be an asset to the Government as it seeks to strengthen its comprehensive censorship and internet monitoring policies, resulting in a significant upgradation of in its ability to curtail flow of information as well as censor data on digital forums that are deemed politically sensitive. 

With the hyper sensitive 70th anniversary celebrations coming up, Wang and the CAC are expected to play a significant role in the Party’s agenda of maintaining and strengthening its rule over its populace both online and offline.  With the hope of an information free society, following the 70th anniversary of the PRC, for both the Chinese and the “ethnic minority” populations further receding into obscurity.

dsnowlion

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 08:46:02 AM »
How to engage with China when CTA arrogantly denounce China?

It's really funny how arrogant the CTA can continue to be while they expect China to give them what they want. Yes we cannot deny that Tibet was taken by China, but then we cannot also ignore the incompetency of their government that lead to their lost.

Pro-Tibet group says China will never rule the hearts of Tibetans and that the Dalai Lama is the solution and not the problem for Tibet. If they believe this to be true, then why don't they follow the Dalai Lama's advise to 'make friends' with China instead of an enemy? Looks like they are selective in following the Dalai Lama's instructions. Hence, this is why they will not get what they want - true autonomy. The only way is to work with China not criticise her.

CTA, exile Tibetan groups denounce Beijing as China celebrates 70th founding anniversary

DHARAMSHALA, Nov. 1: As Beijing boasted its military conquest and might on Tuesday marking the 70th anniversary of the founding of the People’s Republic of China (PRC), the exile Tibetan government and members of the Tibetan civil society denounced Beijing’s occupation and its systematic exploits in occupied Tibet.

The military parade of the Chinese armed forces which showcased weapons including new hypersonic drones and intercontinental ballistic missiles today in Beijing’s iconic Tiananmen square highlighting its superiority, was marred in part by unrest in Hong Kong and voices of dissent from many quarters of the sub continent.

The exile Tibetan government known officially as the Central Tibetan Administration (CTA) said that the 70 years of PRC also represent the past 60 years of Chinese occupation of Tibet and the 60 years of Tibetan people’s peaceful resistance against what has been one of the most brutal regimes on this planet.

“China’s military conquest of what was once a peaceful, independent country was followed by decades of gory death and destruction. Over 1.2 million Tibetans have perished within three decades following China’s invasion of Tibet in 1949/50. Nearly 6,000 monasteries were ransacked and destroyed. In what many view as a form of cultural genocide, China’s policy of Sinicization has resulted in a wholesale assault on all vestiges of Tibetan national identity, most notably their language, religion and culture,” Secretary of CTA’s Information and International Relation’s wing, Tsewang Gyalpo Arya said.

Pro-Tibet group, International Campaigns for Tibet vehemently said it does not subscribe to China’s claims of liberation and development inside Tibet, adding that, “the truth is that it has been 70 years of subjugation and oppression for the Tibetan people, and after all that, China still lacks legitimacy in its rule over Tibet.” The Washington based group said its message to the PRC on its 70th anniversary is that, The Dalai Lama is the solution and not the problem for Tibet.

Similarly, Researcher at Tibet Policy Institute here, Tenzin Tsetan argued that the ultimate failure of the CCP despite its claim over the seven decades is its inability to win the hearts and minds of Tibetans and its failure to delegitimize the Dalai Lama in his native land. “The transformation of the Tibetan movement in recent years, where younger generation Tibetans shouldered the responsibility of carrying forward their elder generation’s struggle, has trivialized the shortsighted perception in Beijing that the Tibet issue will vanish in thin air after the passing away of the Dalai Lama. In these seventy years of the CCP’s rule in Tibet, the Tibetans continue to look up to the Dalai Lama,” Tsetan wrote.

Source: http://www.phayul.com/news/article.aspx?id=41810&article=CTA%2c+exile+Tibetan+groups+denounce+Beijing+as+China+celebrates+70th+founding+anniversary

Tenzin K

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 06:12:42 AM »
Engaging with China is the best and only way. CTA shouldn't run around and asking help because who will really want to risk their relationship with China at this point in time? CTA should do a lot of preparation way before even request to talk to China. CTA should prepare the groundwork first and stop irking China. Be at their good book. Control all the people and support China. When CTA created a good reputation in China's view it will be easier for both to talk. IF CTA keeps playing the hardball with China then just forget about returning back to Tibet. Tibetan can really wrap up and stay in India or any other country that accept them.

Drolma

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2019, 05:41:41 AM »
Engaging with China is the best and only way. CTA shouldn't run around and asking help because who will really want to risk their relationship with China at this point in time? CTA should do a lot of preparation way before even request to talk to China. CTA should prepare the groundwork first and stop irking China. Be at their good book. Control all the people and support China. When CTA created a good reputation in China's view it will be easier for both to talk. IF CTA keeps playing the hardball with China then just forget about returning back to Tibet. Tibetan can really wrap up and stay in India or any other country that accept them.

It is undeniable that China is the most powerful country in the world and it gets stronger every day. Why go against China? The CTA has no bargaining power, why would China give way and give independence to Tibet. Just accept the fact that Tibet can never be an independent state. For the benefit of the Tibetans, the CTA should work harder to have a dialogue with China and see how to compromise so Tibetans can go back to Tibet.

Tracy

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2019, 08:48:21 AM »
Lobsang Sangay and the CTA are still so deluded thinking they know the best and they can make China compromise to what they want. The fact is, what does the CTA have in their hand that China has to give way? Up until now, Lobsang Sangay is still creating trouble for China. How to bring a better future for the Tibetans if the CTA continues to be so arrogant?