Author Topic: Just saying hello to fellow DS practitioners  (Read 35825 times)

VickyP

• Email
Just saying hello to fellow DS practitioners
« on: October 30, 2007, 04:49:59 PM »
Hi there,

I have been a practitioner in the NKT for 6 years now and have received the empowerments of Dorje Shugden. He is my dharma protector that provides me with the perfect practice conditions. I really appreciate this site and this forum. Thank you.

All the best,
Vicky

josh

Dear vicky and all practitioners
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 10:35:46 AM »
Hello Josh,
as an NKT practioner, I am doing my best to promote  this.
My guru has asked his students to stop using time  in chatrooms to more important tasks like meditation,studying and so forth,so my time here is limited.
But if you were to email NKT themselves,the admin offices ..or even the admin offices of most NKT centers,it will get to Geshe Kelsang.
One of the titles of the email to the main NKT office should be "to geshe kelsang gyatso" or "to venerable Geshe-la" as his secretary will eventually rely it to the Buddha himself.

Good luck and blessings,
David

not JOSH

Re: Just saying hello to fellow DS practitioners
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 05:09:06 PM »
Sorry about that,

Josh's response was modified...i didnt mean to..somehow when I posted...i replaced his post.

Sorry josh! repost please!

Josh's actual response was praising NKT and asking us to promote it to all the centers.
He was also explaing his way of expanding awareness of this website.

That's what my response is his name (oops) was about.

hello73

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 06:53:50 PM »
Hello all,

I have been an NKT practitioner for about two years now. I have not had the opportunity to receive a Dorje Shugden empowerment, but my main practice is Heart Jewel, which has Dorje Shugden practice in it. I am so glad to have found this website, as it is non-inflammatory and respectful towards both sides of the DS "controversy". Because of all the hateful, angry comments about DS I have read on other websites, my convictions about continuing with the NKT have been shaken at times. I was not aware of any of this when I began attending teachings, and it was very painful when I did find out, as this is my absolute first venture into any type of spiritual practice and my first steps were tentative to say the least. It made me very unsure. In fact, at the beginning I would even skip over the Dorje Shugden parts of my practice, not out of fear of "demons", but out of a wish to avoid controversy. However, I am very much trying to rely on my own experiences, which have been nothing but positive so far. Every practice that I have engaged in thus far have brought me more and more mental peace, and have been quite revolutionary in changing the way I think, for the better.

So, although it is difficult to read all of the warnings about DS, and how it is a negative practice, I will continue on with it, at least until I experience these negative experiences for myself. I wish very much that the controversy could be resolved, and I also wish for peace and happiness for all involved.

Victor

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 03:49:27 AM »
NKT practioner here as well,
nice to meet you.
I'm from CA.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 07:05:12 AM by Admin »

lamatsongkhapa

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 04:51:32 PM »
Hello all,

Obviously my name is not really tsongkhapa but as all DS Practioners we cannot come out openly as we would love to. I was going through the old topics and found this place where I find it to be wonderful to bring it back up so everyone could write their small little testimonials about how they came about to find DS.

I highly agree with 'hello73' this website is respectful towards both sides of the DS 'controversy', which I still find it difficult to understand how do non-ds practitioners find it in their heart to put down, hurt, threathen, and abuse DS practitioners. Isn't all our goals in buddhism to promote peace and compassion globally, isn't our principles to respect other religion. All DS practitioners who may now also become 'former' DS practitioners have been violently put down through verbal and physical abuse. I find it very sad to see someone's beliefs been given up through the pressure and abuse received from society.

Dorje Shugden has been living with me in my family for a very long time I can remember. I never really understood what the statue was in my very own home but I understood when the time came for me when my spiritual teacher decided that I would be allowed to be brought into knowing who Dorje Shugden was. It came to me as a shock when I found out what my family has been doing behind my back, but when I soon learnt more about Dorje Shugden, I felt I was very blessed and lucky to be reborn in this world knowing the true meaning of why Dorje Shugden was ban so that I can practice it. I haven't been practicing Dorje Shugden for a very long time, but I have this immeasurable connection to Dorje Shugden that I believe Dorje Shugden would be with me till I die.

I would like to thank my spiritual guide and the producers of this wonderful website, to be amongst other beautiful DS practitioners.

lamatsongkhapa

James Bond

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 10:00:31 AM »
Thank you for your post Vicky :) I know that this reply is rather late, but i just was scrolling through past posts and came across yours.

I too am a loyal Dorje Shugden practitioner and I too appreciate this site and forum. It really does keep us up to date with everything we need to know about Dorje Shugden and the ban itself. Lets hope that more and more people are aware of this forum in the future.

Shugdener

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 02:41:18 PM »
Hello there fellow Dorje Shugden practitioner!

It's really wonderful to see Dorje Shugden practitioners from all around the world united here on this forum to discuss, share, debate, learn and talk about Dorje Shugden.

I myself am here to learn more about Him and it's practice and this forum is a treasure trove full of information for myself and other members too.

Once again, Welcome! 

fruven

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 03:49:32 AM »
I read the number of Dorje Shugden practitioners are into millions. Some figures given are 3-4 millions.

Is this little or there are even more than the estimated? What do you guys think?

VeronicaSmith

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 03:30:56 PM »
Hello Vicky! This is a pretty late reply but I found this article after so :).

This site is a very good one, it keeps me up to date with my news regarding my practice and there is a good community here. We all support one practice and all the people fighting for what is right and good. Welcome! I hope this forum gets even bigger and brings even more people here. We need to spread the word!

Jason Statham

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 11:17:53 PM »
Congrats Vicky, I am happy that the number of DS practitioners is increasing. This is indeed a good site as there are not many sites available that is regarding about Dorje Shugden. Dorje Shugden is an enlightened protector although many people sees Him as an evil spirit. It is okay, just believe in Dorje Shugden. Because listening to people who call themselves buddhists but are all violent is not going to help you much. Following a practice of an enlightened being which highly attained lamas like Trijang Rinpoche, previous Zong Rinpoche, Gangchen Rinpoche and Pabongka Rinpoche also practice will give you actual attainments.

SabS

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 09:38:38 PM »
Hello Vicky and everyone. I too wish to say "Hello" and wishing everyone well in the practises. I find dorjeshugden.com so informative, especially the "hidden" sufferings of the Shugden pracitioners and the dastardly acts of CTA and Anti-Shugden people. All these "exposure" really help me realise the sufferings faced by the Shugden practitioners on a daily basis. It is so against Buddhist tenets as taught by Buddha Shakyamuni and all the attained Lamas. Even the Dalai Lama gives teachings on love and compassion although his actions from video evidence proves otherwise. How I wish the Dalai Lama will swiftly manifest his true Buddha Avalokiteshvara nature of compassion to lift the unreasonable Shugden ban and reunite all practitioners. Kudos to the management of this website and may you continue to keep us informed of the latest updates.

pgdharma

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 06:33:38 AM »
Hello all DS practitioners, I have practiced Dorje Shugden for many years and have been following this website www.dorjeshugden.com all these years; reading and learning up. This website if very informative and is not biased. I have introduced many people to visit this website and many after that started Dorje Shugden practice

Dorje Shugden always helps, guides, and protects us by granting blessings, increasing our wisdom, fulfilling our wishes, and bestowing success on all our virtuous activities. If we rely sincerely upon Dorje Shugden, He will arrange the conditions that are most conducive for our Dharma practice but these will not necessarily be the ones that we ourselves have chosen.  However, He will bless our minds to help us transform difficult situations into the spiritual path and He will open our wisdom eyes thus enabling us to make the right decisions. If we rely on him constantly over a long period of time, we steadily improve our connection with Him and we will then begin to notice his beneficial influence in our lives.

grandmapele

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 12:00:43 PM »
pgdharma, agreed with your comment -

"Dorje Shugden always helps, guides, and protects us by granting blessings, increasing our wisdom, fulfilling our wishes, and bestowing success on all our virtuous activities. If we rely sincerely upon Dorje Shugden, He will arrange the conditions that are most conducive for our Dharma practice but these will not necessarily be the ones that we ourselves have chosen.  However, He will bless our minds to help us transform difficult situations into the spiritual path and He will open our wisdom eyes thus enabling us to make the right decisions. If we rely on him constantly over a long period of time, we steadily improve our connection with Him and we will then begin to notice his beneficial influence in our lives."

Sometimes, it may not be the conditions that we want, but Dorje Shugden knows better and gives us what we need for the growth of our spiritual practice.

Thank you for pointing it out so clearly. That tells me that i must not be fixated in my views but to approach it from a new angle of Dharma.

pgdharma

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2016, 08:30:48 AM »
Yes, grandmapele, sometimes it may not be the conditions that we want, Dorje Shugden is an emanation of Manjushri, He has the wisdom to see beyond us and out of compassion, He will avert the inner and outer obstacles and arrange all the necessary conditions for our practice. But the extent to which we can receive His help is dependent on our faith thus we must have continuous faith and devotion.