Author Topic: Dalai Lama denounces Gangchen Rinpoche but Panchen Lama likes Him.  (Read 18654 times)

honeydakini

Re: Dalai Lama denounces Gangchen Rinpoche but Panchen Lama likes Him.
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 12:23:00 AM »
How odd it is that the Dalai Lama would not want to even meet Ganchen Rinpoche and denounces him is public. Even politicians manage to be a little more courteous with each other on the public level. This situation will reflect badly on Buddhadharma.

I just read another article in this forum on Ganchen Rinpoche (Very soothing and beautiful amidst the chaos) that briefly introduces Ganchen Rinpoche and the good he has done including the centers he built, the healing he conducted all over the world and the great work of spreading the Dharma and bringing it to the international spotlight in a respectful manner.

How wonderful!

I love Gangchen Rinpoche! i had the good fortune and merit to meet him a few years ago, even before I really knew much about this whole DS controversy. A friend pointed out to me his DS statue and spoke in a whisper. I wondered what all the fuss was about because to me, if a Lama was this kind and full of joy and peace, then none of his practices could be bad.

What I observed throughout the time i spent with him was that while DS was important (and he has a very beautiful DS chapel in his centre in Italy!), it was not the be all and end all of his Dharma work and practice. I saw, for those few days, what healing really meant (as he is after all, renown as a healing Lama): bringing peace to others and encouraging healing on all levels, mentally, physically, in our relationships with each other and the environment, developing peace and harmony. I remember thinking at the time that I didn't get why anyone would want to "get him" so much and have such hateful negative views of him when every word and action he did was a peaceful one. I remember thinking that, you know what, even if he worshipped the devil or demented wood fairies, it's okay, because whatever worship and practice he's doing has made him such a great being who is so capable of loving, caring and teaching all the time.

That was one of my first introductions to Dorje Shugden and it was a fabulous experience from the word go. This is why I have been banging on so much about recently on this forum about sharing experiences with DS lamas because to me, they represent the real essence of Dorje Shugden. I think the real "protest" against this ban is in showing how extremely great and unrivalled DS - and his practitioners - are. Kill the opposition with kindness, yeah!

dsnowlion

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 04:45:29 PM »
To read some of the nonsense the TGIE can cook up about Gangchen Rinpoche.

Go to http://www.tibetinfonet.net/content/update/61

You can go there and write your comments as well and views and so far all the comments there are positive :)

Big Uncle

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 07:08:45 PM »
I am not surprise that the Dalai Lama and TGIE are criticising Gangchen Rinpoche and it is reminiscent of the stories they cooked up about Dorje Shugden and how they are ostracising his practitioners. Anyway Gangchen Rinpoche is a huge proponent of Dorje Shugden since day one and has a student base and sponsorship that allows him the freedom to stay outside the Tibetan mainstream and thrive. If more Lamas have the same financial support and student base, many more Lamas would follow suit. Hence, Gangchen Rinpoche becomes the target of punching bag of the TGIE.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2010, 07:55:51 AM »
Well first of all the Chinese Branch of Mahayanna Buddhism only recognizes the Panchen Lama at it's head and Ganchen Lama has clearly stated that he accepts the Panchen Lama as THE Panchen Lama.
  So, what else would this old band of thieves and robbers do, but be threatened by Ganchen Lama has been acting as a tutor the young Panchen Lama
Now that the Panchen Lama has been endowed with both temporal and spiritual authority over Mahayanna Buddhism and 2,6 million Tibetans Buddhist, what can tgie do but do as they always have done, circle in for trouble. Well they have all the trouble they need and that is what they asked for in this issue that will seal their fate for what they are and for what they have done to the sentient beings.

Trijang Rinpoche is just fine and the Panchen Lama is stepping out in time to counteract this lamas bad deeds.

As Gangchen Rinpoche accepts the Panchen Lama, it is enough for me to accept him too. Especially as Gangchen Rinpoche has been tutoring the Panchen Lama, I am confident that the Panchen Lama will step up and fulfil his intended role in time to come - as the spiritual guide of Tibetan Buddhists worldwide.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

dsnowlion

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 08:06:13 PM »
Just thought I'd share some nice pictures of Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang and Gangchen Rinpoche i stumbled upon :)

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 08:11:26 PM by dsnowlion »

vajralight

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 11:03:45 PM »
Dear Thomas,

It looks as if you are sending this mail as a spokesman/spokesperson of the WSS. Are you now an official spokesperson of the WSS ? Have you discussed with the people in the WSS organisation about your proposal ?

Just my questions. I don't doubt your faith and devotion but if you use the name of the WSS and act as a representative I feel it must be done correctly and in agreement with the people in the WSS.
Otherwise anyone can use the WSS name and say they are a spokesperson and maybe do/say things that are not in accordance with the objectives and or methods of the WSS.

vajra 

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 02:55:05 PM »
HE Gangchen Rinpoche is world renowned and also has a seat at United Nations, and he is also a well revered in both the Western world and China.

Whatever the situation be, HH Dalai Lama is also well known as the spiritual Head of Tibetan Buddhism.  As the highest order of rank as a Holy Monastic order why denounce any other high Lama. 

It is good news that the previous and current Panchen Lama like Gangchen Rinpoche.  But it is also true that there are now 2 Panchen Lamas.  How will the future play out?  Not a question we lay devotees can answer but to hold on to our faith and soon the solution will be on hand.

Matibhadra

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2015, 06:31:12 AM »
Whatever the situation be, HH Dalai Lama is also well known as the spiritual Head of Tibetan Buddhism.

There is no such thing as “spiritual Head of Tibetan Buddhism”. There are many orders of Tibetan Buddhism, such as Karma Kagyu, Drugpa Kagyu, Drikung Kagyu, Sakya, Nyingma, and Gelug, each one with their own independent head or heads, none of which is the evil dalie lame.