Author Topic: Dalai Lama's Arunachal visit will damage ties with India: China  (Read 3125 times)

grandmapele

Dalai Lama's Arunachal visit will damage ties with India: China
« on: October 28, 2016, 04:49:55 PM »
Dalai Lama's Arunachal visit will damage ties with India: China

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/dalai-lamas-arunachal-visit-will-damage-ties-with-india-china/articleshow/55112857.cms

Why did religion become politics for the Tibetans? This must be the only state that has that and it is dividing their people

Why did HHDL become tool of the West and did that come about?

Ringo Starr

• Email
Re: Dalai Lama's Arunachal visit will damage ties with India: China
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 05:46:39 PM »
Thank you grandmapele for the heads-up. I have to agree with you that HH Dalai Lama seems to be playing politician rather than "Pope". This is because this proposed visit comes on the back of President Xi Jinping's visit to India last month where both he and PM Modi agreed that "peace on the border" was important for progress.

So why this provoking move?

See article:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-29249268

Now instead of peace on the border, India and the US is sending the 7th Fleet in the form of HH Dalai Lama into this war zone. Well, they can't really send in real military hardware can they without triggering WW3 so I guess HH Dalai Lama will do.

HH Dalai Lama himself had not long ago said good ties between India and China was vital http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=3059.0

Why on earth is he doing this and how on earth is this going to help the Tibetan cause for autonomy?

Big Uncle

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 02:58:50 PM »
Good point Ringo Starr.. Lol! Dalai Lama being called the 7th fleet is a good one. It is true that the Dalai Lama is really a pawn in the clash of two giants - India and China. India is using the Dalai Lama to goad China without going all out and China knows this. I remember reading in another article that China in a statement said they might in retaliation dam up an important river that flow into India, effectively causing tremendous social and economic problems for northern India.

I truly wonder where will all these lead to and I think India should just cease all this prodding and work with China. It would be better if they work together economically then they were to fight it out militarily. I think that it an India-China alliance would be a huge super-power bloc that would be invincible.

vajrastorm

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 07:19:28 AM »
Maybe maybe not.

Seems to me that the two powers India and China will maintain a sort of equilibrium, neither too overtly thrusting forward a belligerent jaw, nor appearing cowed and excessively submissive . China knows that India can still command the support of the Western powers against it. India too does not want to unduly upset the applecart. Hence a balance of powers.

H.H. Dalai Lama is likely to be  a mere pawn in the hands of either, as they know his advanced years.It's the CTA and their machinations that can be worrisome.

grandmapele

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 11:49:40 AM »
This visit to a very contentious border region is significant. Should this visit comes to pass, then will be like India rubbing China's nose into the sand. At the time, China withdrew form the region and peacefully return the prisoners of war. This was the goodwill extended to India.

The Dalai Lama has been a pawn for the balance of power between the wets and China. If India starts to egg the Tibetans on, China may not be so kind this time around. Oh, well, India messes up and have to send the Tibetans packing, then I guess there's nothing very much CTA can do then.